From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential

When to apply: The INKEY List Mandelic Acid Treatment/The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Hydrating Serum

I am new to the skincare regime, I have always only used face cleaner wipes! Now that I am getting older I wanted something for aging skin and scars I have from blemishes. I purchased:

The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Hydrating Serum and The INKEY List Mandelic Acid Treatment for scars/pigmentation.

Can I use these together?

Re: When to apply: The INKEY List Mandelic Acid Treatment/The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Hydrating Serum

@801WC It should be fine to use both on the same day. I would use the mandelic acid first, let it sit for a few minutes and then the hyaluronic acid. I would apply a moisturizer after, as well. Make sure to use SPF in the morning since mandelic acid is a chemical exfoliator and can make your skin more sensitive to UV rays. I would also recommend starting with the mandelic acid 1-2 times a week for a couple of weeks so your skin has time to get used to it, since you're not used to chemical exfoliators. Hyaluronic acid is fine for everyday but is best applied on damp skin and under a moisturizer to help retain moisture in your skin.

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing