kalex

Shop Your Stash 2

Since a few of us are on a "no-buy" it might be a good idea to "shop our stashes" again and encourage eachother to behave!  :smileyhappy:

Today I dug out my Too Faced "Fun in the Dark" palette for eyeshadow and blush and then also used two new swap items NARS lipstick "Tzigane" and UD shadow pencil "Rehab".

shyvicki

Re: Shop Your Stash 2

I have been reading up on what the trends are going to be this fall and have been checking my stash to see what I already have. I already have the "fresh face" in my main makeup organizer since that trend never seems to go out of style (my secondary organizer is a three-drawer plastic organizer in my linnen closet). Got a few red and wine glosses. Got at least two gold eye shadows as well as metallic shadows from various pallets. Got a green shadow.

This coming Labor Day I'll be reorganizing my makeup organizer with the fall trends makeup.

marinaanne147

shyvicki: I should do that too! Great idea! Gotta shop my stash before I shop Sephora for fall trends!

*10 minutes later*

Okay. Got 1 red gloss. No liquid or gel liner for winging, just pencil. Lots of bright shadow I can turn into liner. :smileyhappy:

Going bare faced today. :smileysurprised:

marinaanne147

Well....today I wore:

(Sorry Sephora that the eye is pretty much all MAC...)

Eye: UDPP, MAC All that Glitters (inner 1/2 of lid and inner corner), MAC Soba (outer 1/2 of lid and blended into the crease a bit), MAC Bronze (outer V and a bit on the crease), Maybelline Full n' Soft Waterproof

Cheek: Benefit's Posietint

Lip: Tarte Natural Lipsurgence Lip Luster in Frisky

:smileyhappy:

brookie673

I found an old sample of Stila's kitten eyeshadow and will use it little by little until my It Girl #2 Palette arrives with it and two other colors... :smileyvery-happy:

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I will be needing to shop my stash frequently in the coming months!

A few days ago, I brought back NARS Cruising -- it's a staple, but I have been wearing a lot of gloss lately and forgot how much I love Cruising. I have been wearing it ever since! I also ran out of eyeliner a little while ago, and I found a NARS Black Moon (it's not old -- I had just put it aside). I rotate blush shades so quickly I can't help but forget about them (this is my weakness; I probably have 60+) -- and I found an older Chanel JC called Poésie, which is a glowing pink shade...I love this stuff.

: )

makeupobesessed

Katie:  Do you still have 60+ blushes?

katie1724

I think it might be more like 100 at this point (but I haven't bought any in a while! At some point, how different can another shade of pink (or peach, etc.) really be?). It's actually embarrassing!

waterbaby1981

This is great!  I loved this thread before.  Today I'm wearing:

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (for a foundation, this doesn't FEEL like one!)

Clinique Gradient Blush in Black Honey

Dior 5-color eyeshadow in Pink Design and using the gel liner in the palette

Clinique Redness Solutions Corrector stick

Clinique Redness Solutions pressed powder

DiorSkin Nude hydrating concealer

Chanel Illuminator

Laura Mercier brightening powder

Buxom Amplified Lash mascara

Clinique Lipstick/gloss in Black Honey

Can anyone tell I went for a "glamorous" look today?  Plan on seducing the husband tonight...the makeup will definitely help with that!:smileyvery-happy:

waterbaby1981

Today I broke out some green eyeshadow!  I wore Clinique's cream shadow in Starlit Palm (never been used, EVER) and found where I ended up putting the High Impact Lipstick in Honey Blush, which paired really well with the shadow.  Back to the Clinique Moisture Surge tinted moisturizer for today, too!

xoxcharlottexox

[ Edited ]

Good idea! I saw this before I did my makeup today. :smileyhappy:

I decided to use Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Toasted, (which I don't remember ever using, even though it's really pretty) and Free Love. (I also have never used, lol.)

And then I used a Sephora bronzer (that I've had for over a year. Or two...) as a blush, and a Revlon Mineral Lipglaze in unlimited nectar.

Another thing, I found a mascara I hadn't used, Revlon grow luscious, and it looks really good! I did two coats and it looks as good as my other higher end mascaras on my lashes, but definitely a whooole lot cheaper.

I decided for a "no buy july" and I think this shop your stash might help! thanks!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 57 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • kalex
    • runy
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • shyvicki