Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

How I did my make-up in High School!

inspired by a recent YouTube tag I thought I'd start a thread here. 

My go to look was electric blue liner and mascara from collection 2000 with  Avon iced champink eyeshadow dust and the same colour lipstick. I thought I was the bomb! Sadly no photos handy to share, if I can find one I'll upload but I hated having my pics taken 

These days  youngsters have such better access along with tutorials that they can learn from off if YouTube. My 12 year old can do a fab contour and even perfect winged eyeliner! 

What was your go to look?  please share a photo too if you have one! 

take care X 

Re: How I did my make-up in High School!

Oh, I randomly found this thread and that's so interesting! The older generation did makeup in such a different way...

Agree with you. Even a decade ago they had fewer opportunities for makeup, uniform, and all this stuff. I researched the topic of school uniforms here https://samploon.com/free-essays/school-uniforms/ and found lots of interesting thoughts. That's all under the prohibition. Now as a student can say that everyone is allowed to show their style. That's a part of self-expression. That's why we all are so different now. Different minds, thoughts, choices, shoes, and haircuts. And that's amazing.

When I was in highschool I used Clinque foundation, ELF eyeliner, and KVD lipstick in the shade Ritual. That was my go to look pretty much everyday. Whatever else I used was from a free gift that came with my Clinique foundation.

I went to an all-girls Catholic school and most girls never wore makeup. And that even tended to spill over into the weekends and social time, I guess because we were just so used to it. I graduated high school in 1992 which should have some CHOICE makeup and hair looks and all the girls are pretty subdued and classic for the most part. There are a few walls-o-hair but mostly just light makeup and special occasion waves. 

This is is my senior pic. The lighting is weird because I have very blue eyes in real life and I'm pretty sure I didn't have yellow teeth in high school. Haha. 

image.jpeg

So here I am, about 18-years old, early 90's. I used green corrector to counteract redness (it left a green tint even with foundation on, who knew these corrector a would come back in vogue!) followed by a too pale foundation and white (yes white!) powder on top. All super matte. No blush, brownish orange red matte lipstick. Very natural eye colour but very shimmery, brown mascara top lashes only, no eyelinerI loved my body suits, but being 6' tall it was a struggle to find one that didn't split me in half or unpop at Inopportune moments, so this one was well loved. image.jpeg

Gladly I don't have hs pics readily on hand, but I wasn't allowed to wear makeup.That didn't stop me though lol. It's weird seeing how much has changed since I left hs in like 2006. Most girls didn't wear makeup (as compared to hs students now omg) and if they did it was lipstick. I remember being obsessed with lining my waterline with black eyeliner. I still do this and that's not bad. I also had a thing for electric blue eyeliner...green eye shadows...extra glossy lipgloss...you can see where this is going lol. By senior year I stopped with the funky colors and found my love for Sephora.  

Cheating a little bit here, but - high school prom! I really didn't wear much makeup in high school, so prom was probably the most I ever wore! I distinctly remember going to Target and buying a bunch of random makeup just for the occasion. I did do my own beehive for prom, which I'm still proud of!

I also loved (and bought) lots of very glittery Urban Decay in high school but never had any occasion to wear it, and I wasn't the type that was bold enough to wear it without an occasion 😉

Spoiler
highschool.JPG
Kindly,
Nika

Oh well, here goes nothing. No way I'm leaving these up forever. 

9th and 10th grade, my makeup consisted of gold frosted shadows (probably Aziza), two pounds of Cover Girl powder, black liner and Mascara. Oh and usually a metallic lipgloss (why!?!?) 

By the end of my Sophomore year, I had dyed my hair black, ditched all my lipgloss for a Wet n Wild red, and lined my eyes in black like Siouxsie most days. Oh and still wore two pounds of face powder. I had flashback photos constantly, and didn't realize why until recently. There are so many pictures of me with no nose LOL!

Also, that year I started crimping my hair every single day. It took me 45 minutes every morning to do my hair. My god. 

Edited: couldn't handle these pictures being up one second longer LOL

I love this, @pixiedust2 ! Hot, hot, hot, bad 4$$! ( Your hair almost looks like my antennas in some of these. 😉 )

You've managed to find quite a lot of photos. And, so beautiful! All of them! I am jelly. I'll have to dig through my mom's stash when I go to Europe... I hope she managed to snag something even without me knowing... That would be actually so awesome! 😛

@lyravega yes my hair did look antennas 😄 cans and cans of Aqua Net LOL. I hope you find more pictures, would love to see them. Thank you for your kind words, you're so sweet!!!

These are freakin awesome @pixiedust2!  And Aziza? Holy sh*t I totally forgot about that brand!:)

LOL @NancieNano Now let's see some of YOUR pics. I know you have them 😉 I bet there was some big hair going on. 

You want to see big hair @pixiedust2 I need to pull up pics of the girls getting ready for my sisters wedding. I've never been in a room full of so much hairspray! And never want to be again! 🙂

I think the proper adjective to describe these photos is bitchin!!! Honestly these are great photos - you remind me of my cool older cousin during this time frame.

Haha that's great @niki172 Thanks so much!!

Three words: awesome rocker chic. So very much more fun than my boring high school uniform. And my school was a girls' high school, too... 

45 minutes every morning for a hairdo? Now that's some dedication. 😉 

Yeah 45 minutes @NarNarNars 😄 never again...

These photos are awesome!!! Omg, I went through a crimping phase too! I had boots just exactly like those and lots of dark clothing, jewelry. I used to take my black eyeliner and use a lighter to warm it up and melt it a little before applying....the horror LOL! 😄

Man I loved those boots! Wore them til the soles had holes in them. And I totally did the lighter/eyeliner thing. They were so waxy back then, it was the only way to get any payoff. Happy those days are gone!

OMG!  I think that is the last time I wore out shoes.  Was when I was in school. I remember my Keds would be so smooth on the soles. Then the hole on the toe area. 

Why is it so hard to wear out soles as an adult????  Even gym sneakers. They never look old. lol! 

Maybe it is because as adults we just drive everywhere.  

I only wear them out now if I am traveling and walking on cobblestone or dirt roads. 

143 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos20
  • shaved2.jpg
  • upload_5870576752338090975.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-11 at 12.19.07 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-11 at 12.19.31 PM.png
  • prom7-edited.jpeg
  • HIGHSCHOOLMAKEUP.jpg
  • 241339_2074673264923_5231225_o.jpg
  • caitlincheer.jpg
  • highschool.jpg