officegal

CHALLENGE: Shop your own stash!

[ Edited ]

I realize a lot of us are in the same boat, being addicted to makeup and beauty products and desperately trying to control stashes that are bursting from train cases, drawers and cabinets.  We have the Traveling Sephora Box ("TSB") to swap products with one another and temper some of the addiction cravings to go out and get new stuff.  I have another idea to assist with resisting the temptation to continually buy new things.

I propose that for an entire week, we shop our own stash and dig up things that we haven't touched for a long time.  Whatever you've accrued the most of, each day put on something different, whether it's eye shadow or blush or lipstick.  Then report back here and post what you wore each day!

I'm going to wear a different eye shadow, lippie, and blush each day.  I have so many of all three categories but always find myself reaching for the same colours. It's time to branch out!

For example, tomorrow I'm going to wear:

- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in "Pale Pink" for blush

- Dior Lip Glow

- Stila Eye Shadow in "Chill"

I haven't touched all three of those in weeks and months.

sarithor

Re: CHALLENGE: Shop your own stash!

No, make up today. Today is a sad day. My husbands family dog past away :smileysad: She was a 13 year old German Shorthair, named Jewel. I loved her. Such a good dog, she was a really protective dog. The first time, I went to his parents house to meet them and to pick something up for him (he was stationed in VA, so I went to his parents house to meet them by myself, since we both lived in CA. I know... brave right?) His mom had told me on the phone that to be careful, cause sometimes their dog doesn't like new people coming in the house so she might be mean. Well, I came in the house and sat down and she ran right over me and put her head in my lap and was wagging her tail. Just  was so sweet and lovey to me. His parents said that spoke a lot about my personality, if she liked me. I think it helped them like me too. Every time we went to his parents house, I would get down on the floor with her (she had a lot of joint problems in her old age, so she always laid on the floor on her little bed) and I would give her little doggy massages. She loved them. I would massage her hips and her shoulder blades where it hurt her the most and she would just be in doggy heaven lol. Such a good dog. I'm going to miss her :smileysad:

officegal

I started this thread but I can barely keep up with it!

@steph - No worries, and thanks for your warning re: old products.  I was looking at my stash and realized I really should toss out some of the mascaras.  I opened them to test them out and hardly ever used some of them again, always thinking "tomorrow... some day!"

@sarithor - So sorry about Jewel!  Aww.  :smileysad:  And it seems frivolous to say now but I love your nails?  :smileyhappy:

Today I used:

-Korres Jasmine Lip Butter

- Laura Mercier Blush in Wild Bouquet

- the dark shade on the lower left corner of the Cargo shadow quad on my crease

- MAC shadow in Nehru on the outer corners of the eyes

- Tocca Stella perfume (not pictured)

img 030.jpg

sarithor

(0) Hearts

@officegal, Thank you, it was her time to go..13 years is a really really old age for dogs, especially dogs used for hunting as she was. She had a good, long, happy life. 

kalex

I failed the Challenge today.  Laura Mercier sent me an email about a special Valentine's Gift Set and I caved.  It came with a full-size lip stain (in Shy Pink which I love), a full-size blush, a full-size eyeshadow, full-size lip brush, and two other travel brushes.  It was a good deal at $65 since the full-size stuff is worth $90.  Plus free shipping and 3 samples!  I just couldn't resist.

My husband is grumpy about it.  He said that since I bought my own V-day gift I don't need the standard chocolates and roses.  Boo!

sarithor

(0) Hearts

kalex wrote:

My husband is grumpy about it.  He said that since I bought my own V-day gift I don't need the standard chocolates and roses.  Boo!

LMAO!! thats what my hubby would say!! I want the Laura Mercier set too!! Hmm... I'm going to have to work extra hard cleaning the house, and cooking dinner and being the best wife ever this week! haha.

kalex

"I'm going to have to work extra hard cleaning the house, and cooking dinner and being the best wife ever this week! haha."

Me too!  I was paging through my recipes looking for some more yummy desserts to whip up.  Yesterday I made Chocolate Lava cakes. That old saying, "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach" definitely applies to my husband.  I'm sure he'll still get me a present but I better not buy that Chanel powder I've been eyeing just to be safe!

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

kalex wrote:

"I'm going to have to work extra hard cleaning the house, and cooking dinner and being the best wife ever this week! haha."

Me too!  I was paging through my recipes looking for some more yummy desserts to whip up.  Yesterday I made Chocolate Lava cakes. That old saying, "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach" definitely applies to my husband.  I'm sure he'll still get me a present but I better not buy that Chanel powder I've been eyeing just to be safe!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

I used to go the heart via stomach route. BUt now my DH has become an exercise junkie to lose all the weight he put on because of it and he is no longer so easily swayed!!

kalex

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@ mermadelove - Well there's certainly other other ways to man's heart as well, but this isn't the appropriate place to discuss them! :smileywink: My DH could certainly stand to lose 20lbs though!  I bought him the Wii NFL Training Camp for his birthday last month.  I figured he loves video games and hates exercising so maybe the combination of the two he could tolerate!

runy

(0) Hearts

kalex wrote:

@ mermadelove - Well there's certainly other other ways to man's heart as well, but this isn't the appropriate place to discuss them! :smileywink:

LOL!

I had to use my front runner stash today: Naked Palette.  I actually had to stop using eye makeup for two days (the horror!!) so I got nifty with lip combos.  But it was ok for me to wear eye makeup today so I naked'd it up :smileyhappy:

This is sort of becoming a face of the day thread...

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

@kalwx: LOL! I  know what oy mean.... :smileywink:

We were thinking about getting a wii. We love the fact that it's video game exercise. My DH and I had a boxing match on a friend's wii last year and a) I knocked him out and b) we had BOTH broken out in to a sweat!!!!

LOL!

sarithor

I have a wii!! I love it. My best friend in the world, bought me the wii fit! she is such a sweetheart. I love my wii. I'm a big video game nerd myself lol..

So, today I used my Tarte Treasure Chest that came out in 2009. I haven't used it in a long time. Its definitely an awesome set and definitely a bargain. I was one of the lucky ones who got it off sephora.com. I guess it sold out quickly and people were selling it on ebay for 500 dollars??? I didn't even know till this year, when I was looking to buy the new one, the Jewelry Box ( I didn't buy it... I still want to though, since they still have it) an associate at  a store I went to was telling me about it. Took some pics of course. I used 4 of the matte eyeshadows (the ones in top left corner), the bronzer, highlighter, the 2nd to the last blush on the right and one lip gloss (the last one in the 3rd row).

treasurechest.jpgtreasurechestlook.jpg

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

@sarithor: Do you use any UD eyeshadows? I've always been curious about TArte shadows since I use their foundation, blushes, concealer, etc. I like using natural products, but I've heard their pigmentation isn't so great.

sarithor

(0) Hearts

@mermadelove, I only have 2 UD palettes, the Naked one and the Ammo Palette.. which I will probably use the Ammo one tomorrow, cause I haven't used it in a long time. Tarte eyeshadows are ok, they aren't like mind blowing, but they get the job done lol. I have some sephora shadows, the 88 palette by Coastal Scents, Some Too Faced shadows... I much rather buy palettes usually though rather than individually though lol.

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

sarithor wrote:

@mermadelove, I only have 2 UD palettes, the Naked one and the Ammo Palette.. which I will probably use the Ammo one tomorrow, cause I haven't used it in a long time. Tarte eyeshadows are ok, they aren't like mind blowing, but they get the job done lol. I have some sephora shadows, the 88 palette by Coastal Scents, Some Too Faced shadows... I much rather buy palettes usually though rather than individually though lol.

Thanks for the feedback. That's what I was thinking......:smileyhappy:

runy

(0) Hearts

@mermadelove I personally do not like the Tarte eyeshadows, because they are sort of dull and the color payoff it low.  It also works very well on very fair skin- I realized.  In order to achieve the look I want, I HAVE to use a cream color base with sheen underneath so I can give the shadows some texture.  If you are used to using UD- you prob won't like Tarte. 

Today I used Laura Geller Eye Rimz in Hocus Pocus (green/black).  It's one of my fav products but it has been a while since I've worn it.  I used that as a liner.  My shadow was MAC Peacocky in Prance (almost a neutral muave) and I did dig out a Too Faced Pallette I never use for my crease color (a bronzy brown).

officegal

(0) Hearts

Challenge fail for me today.  I slapped on some foundation and repeated the LM blush just because it was on the vanity.  No shadows.  Oh, but I did pull out the NARS Dolce Vita lip gloss which I hadn't used in a while. 

sarithor

(0) Hearts

Didn't wear any make up today... I had to run a bunch of errands and I accidently slept in so I only had time for my skincare routine today ugh... tired now lol.

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I resurrected my NARS Shrinagar lipstick today -- it looks like a garish purple in the tube, but it's actually a very pretty rosy shade on the lips. I didn't buy it THAT long ago (maybe a few months?) but, sadly, it was buried under my stash of more recent acquisitions...

I have been curbing my spending lately, though, so that's good! I'm saving for a few major purchases. I wish I hadn't bought the few things lately that I don't need, but oh well.

@sarithor: I hate oversleeping :smileysad:. Since I'm not a morning person, by ANY stretch of the imagination, this happens practically every day. It's also impossible for me not to shower...I'd rather be late to work (I'm not a surgeon or anything; otherwise, I would be more mindful). I wish I could turn myself into a morning person!

: )

runy

katie1724 wrote:

I have been curbing my spending lately, though, so that's good! I'm saving for a few major purchases. I wish I hadn't bought the few things lately that I don't need, but oh well.

Funny you say that katie!  I looked at my CC bill and wondered why it was so low- it was because I hadn't made any makeup purchases in a while!  (That, and bringing lunch).  It will change soon though- because I've got a bit of a list building.... just waiting for the VIB award.  I have to say, waiting for a product rather than instanstly graifying myself feels like a treat for some odd reason.  I feel like I enjoy the product more this way!

I busted out a few newer items from my stash that I hadn't really used too much. 

BE HighSine in Glisten

UD 24/7 in Binge

Clinique High Lengths Mascara

Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Fame

Everyday products:

MAC Creme Color Base in Tickle Me Pink

LORAC Blush in Peach

daisy346

Me too! I'm just waiting to see what the Feb VIB deal is. I'm very proud of myself...my January credit card statement had absolutely NO Sephora orders on it!!!! You're right, runy, it feels like more of a treat when you make yourself wait. It lets the suspense build.

officegal

(0) Hearts

I should stop talking to you guys!  I don't know about Feb VIB deals or anything but I come here and get the scoop and now I'll probably end up spending!  :smileyvery-happy:

<3

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 358 replies
  • 319 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • kalex
    • runy
    • katie1724
    • sarithor