Answer
goodgranny
What is the very best serum/cream for mature skin to help with reducing wrinkles

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
projill
Answered

Diana is right...there are soooo many to choose from and because there are so many it is best to identify which one would fit you the best.  Look for serums that boost collagen, support cell turnover, firm and plump.  Some great ingredients to help with reducing wrinkles (but not limited to) are:

Hyaluronic Acid (a molecule which holds 1000x its own weight in water- meaning it binds moisture to the skin which plumps the skin reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and promotes hydration all day long) 

DMAE- firms and tones (mostly found in Dr. Perricone's products)

Peptides- there are so many different peptides but basically they help the skin produce more collagen. 

Anti-oxidants- protect the skin from environmental damage (Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Glutathione etc..)

Resveratrol- tightens skin and prolongs cell life

There are so many more but if your product has one or more of these in it then it will help reduce the appearance of wrinkles.  

(Some great anti-aging lines that I love are Dr. Perricone, Caudelie and Kate Somerville).

Best of Luck,

Jill

nownonna
Answered
(0) Hearts

Unwrinkled

I am a grandmother. But as my three grandchildren say, I am cool. I won't go out without make-up, I have my hair blown

out weekly, and I have always been known as a beautiful dresser.

I want you to get a "picture" of my lifestyle. However in the past six months or so, I have become very aware of the numerous wrinkles in the middle of my left cheek.They are very prominent and only become more noticeable with make-up on. One month ago, I began to use the Unwrinkling products by PTR. I like them very much.Is this enough? Is there some product in the line that I should be using and am not? Please help me,

Nownonna

dianabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi goodgranny.

There are a lot of different serums and creams that are fantastic for anti-aging. I like anti-aging serums as they tend to have higher concentrations of active ingredients and can be overall more effective and stronger than some creams. Of course this varies from person to person so you may have different results or preferences.  I've listed a few of my favorite serums that have been popular with clients, as well as their benefits. :smileyhappy:

Origins Plantscription Anti-Aging Serum

Plantscription™ Anti-Aging Serum

What it is:
A concentrated antiaging serum for visible antiwrinkle results.

What it is formulated to do:
Although it's not a prescription, in just four weeks the natural plant ingredients in this serum noticeably reduce wrinkle length and depth without the irritation. It visibly helps repair the vertical fret lines between your eyes, the stubborn furrows across your forehead, and the deepening frownies that frame your mouth. Youthful bounce is revived. Skin is firmer, smoother, more lifted-looking. And with continued use, results improve.

What else you need to know:
Each Origins product uses potent plants, organic ingredients, and natural essential oils. The company's longstanding commitment to protect the planet, its resources, and all those who populate it is reaffirmed by earth- and animal-friendly practices. Best for all skin types. 

Sephora Collection Super Loaded Age Defy Serum

Super Loaded Age Defy Serum

What it is:
An ultra-moisturizing serum to firm skin and fight wrinkles.

What it is formulated to do:
A small wonder, this anti-aging serum targets wrinkles, hydrates intensively, and improves skin's overall radiance. Its formula includes our highest concentration of HydroSenn+, a natural ingredient proven to deliver immediate and long-lasting hydration more effectively than hyaluronic acid. Paired with firming peptides, skin looks visibly younger.

What else you need to know:
HydroSenn+ is a plant-derived ingredient that leaves skin feeling soft and luxuriously comfortable. This serum's silky-soft texture suits all skin types, even sensitive skin.

Research results:
In a use test under dermatological control carried out among 30 volunteers for 21 days, applied once in the morning and at night. Results: Serum / Placebo:
- Fewer number of regular wrinkles: -11% / Non significant
- Fewer number of deep wrinkles: -18% / Non significant
- Decreased overall area of wrinkles: -15% / Non significant

Self-evaluation of 30 volunteers for 28 days with cream applied morning and night. Results: 1st application / After 1 month:
- Comfortable: 97% / --
- Decreased appearance of wrinkles: -- / 91%
- Firmer skin: 82% / 97%
- More supple skin: -- / 97%
- Better elasticity: -- / 100%
- Smoother skin: 87% / 100%
- Skin visibly looks younger: -- / 94%
- Intent to purchase: -- / 97%

Evaluation of moisturizing effect with 10 volunteers after 2 hours: +17% (observed effect by 90% of volunteers). 

Lancome High Resolution Collaser 5x Anti Wrinkle Serum

HIGH RÈSOLUTION  COLLASER-5X™ Anti-Wrinkle Serum

FIGHT WRINKLES AT THE SOURCE. TARGET 80% OF COLLAGEN IN JUST 48 HOURS!

Inspired by cutting-edge laser therapy, High Rèsolution Collaser-5X™ contains a revolutionary new complex of Rice Peptides, Alfalfa Extract, and Co-Enzyme R combined with Vitamin Cg, that now helps target five key types of collagen that make up 80% of collagen in the skin making wrinkles appear pushed up and out. Skin's youthful suppleness and bounce return.

Fast, Visible Results:
-Immediately: Feel softer, smoother skin.
-In one week: 67% see an overall improvement in skin's appearance.
-In four weeks: 80% feel more supple skin. Wrinkles appear significantly reduced with improved firmness. Reveal more even-toned, younger-looking skin.

Fight wrinkles deep within skin's surface layers.
In-vitro testing on Rice Peptides and Alfalfa Extract shows production of new collagen within 48 hours.
**In-vitro tests.
***Based on results from a four-week consumer test. 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • goodgranny
    • projill
    • dianabt
    • nownonna