From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

Skincare Aware

Skincare Aware

• 414535 Members
  • 15335 Conversations
  • 250+ Photos

For those who skinCARE about their face and body routines. Discover the best skincare product recommendations and get answers to common questions about 3, 5, or even 10 step routines.

For those who skinCARE about their face and body routines. Discover the best skincare product recommendations and get answers to common questions about 3, 5, or even 10 step routines.

Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Reply in Skincare Aware
Let’s talk the elephant in the room… ALLERGIES!!
|
Re: Let’s talk the elephant in the room… ALLERGIES!!
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: I'm used to allergies, I got my first allergy test when I was like 6, but I'm basically allergic to outside and as I've gotten old ...read more
I'm used to allergies, I got my first allergy test when I was like 6, but I'm basically allergic to outside and as I've gotten older it's gotten worse. Now I have cross-protein and cross-pollen reactions too, so I can be allergic to things I'm not actually allergic to on top of all the other stuff I have to avoid.Among the generally common ingredients in skin and hair products that I can't use or ingest are:-grapes-bananas-chamomile-blueberries-peaches-oranges-anything even related to an aster-anything even related to amaranth and tarragon-onion-anything derived from hemp-anything close to hops-basically any tree (palms and willows are debatably safe, frankincense and myrrh are not)-basically any grass or weed-anything even close to mint (up to and potentially including lavender)-a good chunk of the carnation family-aloe. literally just aloe, I can't use the soothing cactus juice because it gives me hives-anything that comes from a plant that could be classified into a family of plants known as soapberries (lychee pending, I've only had it in mochi)-we can lump all the heathers in with the trees, they hang around oak too much-olives-mango-chickweed-and jasmineThat's what I've found since my most recent allergy test a little over a month ago. And all this started because I have a latex allergy and I made an off-handed comment about how I must've been eating my bananas too quickly because the pieces were always really hard to swallow. Had no idea that was anaphylaxis. And my current body wash probably has something in it making my skin all bumpy because I've had them since high school, but everything else I've tried has made it even worse. At this point I'll try almost anything.
New Post in Skincare Aware
Makeup remover suggestions to replace Pacifica
I used to be obsessed with the Pacifica coconut dissolve cleaning oil for removing makeup. So much so that I’d stock up in the sta ...read more
I used to be obsessed with the Pacifica coconut dissolve cleaning oil for removing makeup. So much so that I’d stock up in the states and didn’t realize it’s been expired for a bit. I’ve been trying for a while to find a replacement I love and am still not happy. If anyone has ideas I’d be so grateful! Specifically looking for: -I’m lazy- I loved this product because I felt like you could put it on in the shower without the need for a cotton pad. So not looking for like a micellar water-product that removes waterproof mascara well -likely oil based/ my skin is drier so can handle it. thanks so much for any recs!!
Ambassador Curated
National SPF Day ☀️
|
Re: National SPF Day ☀️
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @missjeanie, first, I have to say that I read "I try to keep with above a 40" as you trying to keep to 40 sunblocks on hand  and ...read more
@missjeanie, first, I have to say that I read "I try to keep with above a 40" as you trying to keep to 40 sunblocks on hand 😲 and I thought "huuuuh, that's one way to keep yourself protected from UV rays." 😂🤣😂 Not that I'm judging; I'm all for SPF, and to be fair, I haven't counted how many sunscreens I have in the house. 😆 Oh, I think @heartsmyface is a fan of that Skin Aqua SPF line. I have one, I think, maybe two. At one point, I was trying to pick up all the shades to try them out and compare them. Maybe I need to get back on that and see which tint(s) I'm missing ... Here are my current faves: The GOATEtude Sunprise Mild Airy Finish SPF 50+ PA++++ - this has got to be at least my 10th bottle (possibly even more than that!) of this stuff. ❤️❤️❤️🐐Summer Fridays ShadeDrops Mineral Milk Sunscreen SPF 30 1.7 oz / 50 mL Summer Fridays ShadeDrops Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Mineral Milk Sunscreen 1.7 oz / 50 mL - thin, milky, lightweight and effectiveOLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Mineral Lotion SPF 30 1.7 oz / 50 ml OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Mineral Face Sunscreen SPF 30 1.7 oz / 50 mL - creamy, whipped consistency, brightens complexion while protecting against UVA and UVB raysSaint Jane Beauty Luxury Sun Ritual Pore Smoothing Face Sunscreen SPF 30 1.7 oz / 50 mL - luxe, smoothing and blurring The Skin Tints with SPFLive Tinted Hueguard Tint Skin Tint SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50CLE CCC Cream Radiant Skin Sunscreen SPF 50 - summer and winter shadesTower 28 Beauty SunnyDays SPF 30 Tinted Sunscreen Foundation - in every shade I could possibly be or have been so far 💜 SPF ReapplicationVT Cosmetics Essence Sun Pact SPF 50+ PA+++ - this is my 3rd (?) compactSoleil Toujours Clean Conscious Body Sunscreen Mist with Vitamin C SPF 30-50; the one that's actually intended for the face - Soleil Toujours Set + Protect Makeup Setting Spray SPF 30 with Hyaluronic Acid 1.7 oz / 50 mL is good as well - it's SPF 30 SPF Newness - new sunblock that I've been enjoyingSEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Mineral Sunscreen Cream SPF 30 1.7 oz. / 50 ml Fenty Skin Hydra Vizor Mineral SPF 30 Refillable Moisturizer Not shown, COOLA Scalp & Hair Sunscreen & Color Protection Mist with SPF 30 - because our hair & scalp need sun protection too! @ather
Recent images from this conversation
looking for a good facial spray
|
Re: looking for a good facial spray
BOSS V INSIDER
Reply: @makeitup305 thanks for the info! ...read more
@makeitup305 thanks for the info!
Black marks after Vitamin C
|
Re: Black marks after Vitamin C
BOSS III INSIDER
Reply: @mehakvirk what Glow Recipe serum are you using? It might be causing a reaction that is darkening the product on your skin, I'm no ...read more
@mehakvirk what Glow Recipe serum are you using? It might be causing a reaction that is darkening the product on your skin, I'm not sure. Try alternating nights when using the serums or using the Vitamin C in the morning before moisturizer and sunscreen and the other serum at night and see if that solves your problem.
Toner suggestion to use alongside trentinoin
|
Re: Toner suggestion to use alongside trentinoin
BOSS III INSIDER
Reply: @dylstar I don't use trentinoin but I love using hydrating toners. I usually go for Korean brands. I love the Bioheal BOH Ceramune ...read more
@dylstar I don't use trentinoin but I love using hydrating toners. I usually go for Korean brands. I love the Bioheal BOH Ceramune Hydrating Cream skin (it's similar to LANEIGE Cream Skin Refillable Toner & Moisturizer with Ceramides and Peptides ) and I pair it with their lotion and cream along with whatever serum I'm using that day. I like the Anua Heartleaf toner for when my skin is sensitive. Pyunkang Yul is super hydrating and on the thicker side. Round Lab also has really good toners.
Face breakout
|
Re: Face breakout
BOSS III INSIDER
Reply: @appleberryy what serums are you using? Your skin might be reacting to one or the combination of the products. ...read more
@appleberryy what serums are you using? Your skin might be reacting to one or the combination of the products.
looking for best moisturizer
|
Re: looking for best moisturizer
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: Here are some of my faves from Sephora!! I have dry and combo skin too it’s so hard to find a perfect moisturizer. The INKEY List ...read more
Here are some of my faves from Sephora!! I have dry and combo skin too it’s so hard to find a perfect moisturizer. The INKEY List Omega Water Cream Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL The INKEY List Peptide Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL LANEIGE Water Bank Blue Hyaluronic Gel Moisturizer with Mint Extract Some other ones are the Cerave moisturizing cream tub, it used to be my go to and I still love it! Lasted me over a year. Byoma also has a really good gel moisturizer!
Breakouts
SpoilerBreakoutsBreakoutsHi everyone! I have some not bad but annoying breakouts on my cheek. I was hoping someone could show me a ...read more
SpoilerBreakoutsBreakoutsHi everyone! I have some not bad but annoying breakouts on my cheek. I was hoping someone could show me a product that isn’t too harsh but gets the job done for removing breakouts. Thanks for the help!
Help with Scar concealer
I recently had skin cancer removed from my cheek now have a scar on my right cheek. Looking for advice on skin care products to he ...read more
I recently had skin cancer removed from my cheek now have a scar on my right cheek. Looking for advice on skin care products to help clear up the scar and concealer to cover it up. Thank you.
211,636 Posts