From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

Skincare Aware

Skincare Aware

• 414545 Members
  • 15335 Conversations
  • 250+ Photos

For those who skinCARE about their face and body routines. Discover the best skincare product recommendations and get answers to common questions about 3, 5, or even 10 step routines.

For those who skinCARE about their face and body routines. Discover the best skincare product recommendations and get answers to common questions about 3, 5, or even 10 step routines.

Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Post in Skincare Aware
I would like to know if anyone else find that the Paula’s BHA + AHA Exfoliator isn’t working?
I have used it for about 5 months and find that it does almost nothing for my skin. I have combination to oily skin with blackhead ...read more
I have used it for about 5 months and find that it does almost nothing for my skin. I have combination to oily skin with blackheads and I have been trying to find something that gets rid of them and nothing has worked. Also is the Glow Recipe BHA Toner worth it because my friend uses it and it worked the first few months then it just starts to go back to the way it was. Any recommendations?
New Reply in Skincare Aware
Ambassador Curated
National SPF Day ☀️
|
Re: National SPF Day ☀️
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: Love the Tower 28 Beauty SunnyDays SPF 30 Tinted Sunscreen Foundation - it's such a fantastic product @adinajacob! ...read more
Love the Tower 28 Beauty SunnyDays SPF 30 Tinted Sunscreen Foundation - it's such a fantastic product @adinajacob!
Recent images from this conversation
Ambassador Curated
💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖
|
Re: 💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: I have two masks that were pretty good This one had a clear serum with tons in the packageThe scent was nothing special, that typi ...read more
I have two masks that were pretty good This one had a clear serum with tons in the packageThe scent was nothing special, that typical bandaid scentThe fit was small in the eye hole and mouth areaWear time was 15 minutes Slight tack after removalMy skin looked clarified and clean This one had the same clear serumFit was small eye and mouth holesThe scent on this one was fruity Wear time 15 minutes My skin looked glowy and felt hydratedDecent filler masks
Recent images from this conversation
Face breakout
|
Re: Face breakout
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: Hi. I think you should build a more consistent routine to do everyday. Repetition is good, and if you only do skin care once a wee ...read more
Hi. I think you should build a more consistent routine to do everyday. Repetition is good, and if you only do skin care once a week, you probably won’t meet your skin goals. It could also be the kind of serums you’re using together. Some products can’t be used together, and when they are, your skin could react. I didn’t mean to sound rude at all, and I hope this helps!
Makeup remover suggestions to replace Pacifica
|
Re: Makeup remover suggestions to replace Pacifica
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: Hi! Makeup removers are hard to find. Or at least good ones. One that I personally love is the Glow Recipe Blueberry Bounce Gentle ...read more
Hi! Makeup removers are hard to find. Or at least good ones. One that I personally love is the Glow Recipe Blueberry Bounce Gentle Cleanser. I remember trying it on my hand in the store (I had multiple blush swatches on it) and everything was erased. It’s nice because you don’t have to remove your make up and then do a cleanser. I hope this helps!
Cleansers
|
Re: Cleansers
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: Thank you for the suggestion but it said unavailable
Thank you for the suggestion but it said unavailable
looking for a good facial spray
|
Re: looking for a good facial spray
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: Hi! I use the Tower 28 facial spray. I really like it, but I know some people don’t. I would recommend getting the 1 oz bottle fir ...read more
Hi! I use the Tower 28 facial spray. I really like it, but I know some people don’t. I would recommend getting the 1 oz bottle first and if you like it the you could size up. It is worth the price in my opinion. It helps with “angry skin” as it says on the bottle. It caters to sensitive skin just in case you didn’t know. I hope this helps!
Let’s talk the elephant in the room… ALLERGIES!!
|
Re: Let’s talk the elephant in the room… ALLERGIES!!
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: I'm used to allergies, I got my first allergy test when I was like 6, but I'm basically allergic to outside and as I've gotten old ...read more
I'm used to allergies, I got my first allergy test when I was like 6, but I'm basically allergic to outside and as I've gotten older it's gotten worse. Now I have cross-protein and cross-pollen reactions too, so I can be allergic to things I'm not actually allergic to on top of all the other stuff I have to avoid.Among the generally common ingredients in skin and hair products that I can't use or ingest are:-grapes-bananas-chamomile-blueberries-peaches-oranges-anything even related to an aster-anything even related to amaranth and tarragon-onion-anything derived from hemp-anything close to hops-basically any tree (palms and willows are debatably safe, frankincense and myrrh are not)-basically any grass or weed-anything even close to mint (up to and potentially including lavender)-a good chunk of the carnation family-aloe. literally just aloe, I can't use the soothing cactus juice because it gives me hives-anything that comes from a plant that could be classified into a family of plants known as soapberries (lychee pending, I've only had it in mochi)-we can lump all the heathers in with the trees, they hang around oak too much-olives-mango-chickweed-and jasmineThat's what I've found since my most recent allergy test a little over a month ago. And all this started because I have a latex allergy and I made an off-handed comment about how I must've been eating my bananas too quickly because the pieces were always really hard to swallow. Had no idea that was anaphylaxis. And my current body wash probably has something in it making my skin all bumpy because I've had them since high school, but everything else I've tried has made it even worse. At this point I'll try almost anything.
Black marks after Vitamin C
|
Re: Black marks after Vitamin C
BOSS III INSIDER
Reply: @mehakvirk what Glow Recipe serum are you using? It might be causing a reaction that is darkening the product on your skin, I'm no ...read more
@mehakvirk what Glow Recipe serum are you using? It might be causing a reaction that is darkening the product on your skin, I'm not sure. Try alternating nights when using the serums or using the Vitamin C in the morning before moisturizer and sunscreen and the other serum at night and see if that solves your problem.
Toner suggestion to use alongside trentinoin
|
Re: Toner suggestion to use alongside trentinoin
BOSS III INSIDER
Reply: @dylstar I don't use trentinoin but I love using hydrating toners. I usually go for Korean brands. I love the Bioheal BOH Ceramune ...read more
@dylstar I don't use trentinoin but I love using hydrating toners. I usually go for Korean brands. I love the Bioheal BOH Ceramune Hydrating Cream skin (it's similar to LANEIGE Cream Skin Refillable Toner & Moisturizer with Ceramides and Peptides ) and I pair it with their lotion and cream along with whatever serum I'm using that day. I like the Anua Heartleaf toner for when my skin is sensitive. Pyunkang Yul is super hydrating and on the thicker side. Round Lab also has really good toners.
211,645 Posts