cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Clean Skincare for Seniors

Hi everyone!

My “70 year young” mom is looking for a clean moisturizer that will hydrate her sensitive and dry skin. She would like to switch over to a “clean” brand without a lot of ingredients found in skincare brands traditionally targeted for her age range. I have found it challenging to find something in the reviews here as most of us tend to be in a much younger demographic.  Do any of you have recommendations for her?

Re: Clean Skincare for Seniors

Oop just realized Clinic isn’t really considered a “clean” brand.. but it is paraben, phthalate & fragrance free 🩵

Hey there, skin care junkie here 😋🩵🩵 If she’s going to go with Tatcha go with the purple bottle not the green bottle. The green bottle is for people with oily skin. I am 42 with SEVERLY dry skin 😣 been struggling with it since 2020 but finally it is under control!! (Knock on wood!!! 😅) I love the Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Night Concentrate 1.7 oz/ 50 mL & Tatcha Luminous Deep Hydration Firming Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL which is in my current routine. My skin is actually doing so well now that I usually skip the Dewy cream. Instead I  use #Clinic Dramatically different moisturizer + , it also makes a superb makeup base. There is 3 different ones for different skin types tho so just make sure she gets the + one for dry skin. For cleanser I use La Roche Pose Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser as a pre cleanse & as a stand alone morning cleanse when my skin is already feeling plump & supple. If I feel dry or have any flakes I then go in with Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant Exfoliator 2 oz/ 57 g but the one in the blue bottle is better for dry or sensitive skin & is the one I use. The minis last me ages so I’ve never actually had to purchase a full size which is also a plus. About twice a week if I feel like my skin is starting to dry out or feel sensitive I go in at night with Dermalogica Stabilizing Repair Cream Moisturizer with Squalane and Cica 1.7 oz / 50 ml byt when I was still getting my dry flakey skin under control I used it 3-5 times a week & it’s also fine for every day. I tend to use it as a night cream tho as it’s too thick for under makeup & a bit greasy for day time imo. 2 other products that I definitely credit with turning my skin around, can’t live without & are sooo adorable are the Byoma Hydrating Recovery oil & the Byoma Hydrating serum (not sold at Sephora to my knowledge) when I ran out of the hydrating serum I’m telling you my skin KNEW & started throwing a tantrum lol

So all in all current staples are La Roche Pose cleanser, Tatcha Luminous Deep Hydration Firming Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL , Byoma Hydrating serum, #Clinic Dramatically Different Moisturizer & #Dermalogica stabilizing repair cream. I realize the Tatcha serum is crazy expensive but it is actually worth it, you can immediately feel the difference in skins texture & has firming properties your mother will enjoy 

Oh & I also use the Byoma Balancing face mist 2-3 times a day RIGHT AFTER CLEANSING. It’s so important to spritz it on immediately after patting the face dry so skin doesn't have time to dry out, I’ve found this step super helpful. Then I go in with #clinic Clarifying Toner no# 1 for very dry to dry skin. I had been skipping toner since 2021 because I thought it would dry out my skin even more but this toner actually ADDS moisture & I’ve noticed a big difference/improvement  in my skin since I started using it daily 

I also use Clinic eye cream with vit C which makes a superb makeup base as well especially if you have dry skin 

Tatcha Dewy skin cream is great for dry skin too & I have a big container of it myself but it is pretty pricey & I find when my skin is super sensitive it can sting sometimes & also on top of all my serums it can be a bit thick.. However when I was having the severely dry flakey skin it was one of my faves & definitely a go to.  I just don’t find myself reaching for it as much lately but it definitely has a super luxurious feeling when you apply it & would make a great gift 

IMG_9912.jpeg

Shown here are my fave #Clinic products, empty bottle & new bottle to prove how much I love it & how good it is! Definitely something I will continue to repurchase 

IMG_9914.jpeg

 Sorry about the blurry pic, camera is messed up but been putting off getting a new phone  😅

Thanks for all the detailed info. It sounds like you have a good regimen going.

I really love Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer , which is for oily skin. If you’re looking for a slightly less expensive premium brand, I’d highly recommend Origins, especially their “A Perfect World” and Dr. Weil lines. 

@BfromtheT I am a huge fan of the Tatcha brand.  I am not quite your mother's age  but getting there.  

I don't know what she wants to spend but my skin loves Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer .  

I also recommend a serum The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum this is a great product at a great price.

I do love my Tatcha and I am 67 🙂 best to buy during the sale OR buy a mini set to try!

Hi everyone, thanks for all your responses! It seems that #tatchathedewyskincreamplumping&hydratingmoisturizer may be the way to go 😀

Beautiful, do you have your rouge code that you want to share with me?

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos2
  • IMG_9912.jpeg
  • IMG_9914.jpeg
testing