Answer
jdhizzle
Accepted Solution
How can I get rid of acne scars? Is there any product that actually helps?

My acne has finally went away and now I have these really ugly scars on my forehead. I was wondering whether there is anything that can actually get rid of the scars. Something that actually works...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
tenngal
Answered

I've battled acne my entire life and I've had the huge cystic acne that leaves big red scars so I understand what you're going through.  Yes, there are products that really do work at lightening up acne scarring.  I am going to give you the name of two.  One is a regular high-quality brand and one is a high-quality organic brand, in case you would rather go the organic route.

An excellent product to help eliminate scars (and not just mask them) is Kinerase Scar Healing Therapy which is a transparent gel treatment designed to reduce the appearance, discoloration, roughness and discomfort of both old and new scars.  Unfortunately, Sephora has quit carrying the Kinerase brand, even though it is a top quality brand that is even sold in a lot of dermatologists’ offices across the country.  However, you can do an online search and find a store that sells it near you.  One such store is Ulta.

A great, organic product to fade your acne scars and not just mask them (that Sephora still carries) is Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum which is a highly concentrated oil-free serum that improves the appearance of dark spots and promotes even skin tone.  Perfect for all skin types, it offers remarkable results, helping to correct dark spots, acne marks and scars.  Naturally powerful ingredients work to counter stretch marks, scars, and damage while bolstering collagen and elastin to boost your skin’s radiance, as well.  You can read more about it at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P94421&categoryId=B70

I hope this helps you.  :smileyhappy:

Answers: 2
balletkitty
Answered

I also feel the caudalie does a great job of fading acne scars with daily use but the real miracle is REN's Gycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask- one night and it already looks better the next day.  I use it once a week and my scars have significantly faded.  Its expensive but I have only bought 2 bottles in the past year and I am still on the first one.  It does not irritate and I leave it on for 20 minutes.  Basically anything with Alpha Hydroxy acids (AHAs) which are fruit based help with the scarring. Good

missglamourgirl
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi! I think that the clinique even better spot corrector I beilive thats what its called but along with the clinique even better foundation would work good it is supposed to in 6 weeks to help reduce the apperance of acne scars I have never tried it before but the lady at the clinique counter said that i didnt need it because it was made for people with acne scaring and it said that on the commercial to haha hope it helped!

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • missglamourgirl
    • jdhizzle
    • balletkitty