cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Acne

1000006904.jpg

 Hiii, my skin is oily and acne-prone as well, after I started using BC Patch its became worse. As seen in the picture, this is what i use at night. Glycolic Acid as toner, Cosrx Snail Essence, with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Acne Treatment Lotion  with Argan oil on top of it. I did some research if it okay to layer these products but I just wanted to make sure and I'm also open to any recommendations you guys can give. I just wanna lessen and prevent them. Thank youuu

Re: Acne

Your nighttime routine sounds similar to what I've been doing, and it's great that you're being proactive about researching if it's okay to layer those products. It's always a good idea to make sure you're using them correctly. Speaking of research, I recently came across a dermatology reference textbook that's been a game-changer for me. It's packed with valuable information about skincare and treatments. Here's the link: https://www.therapeutique-dermatologique.org/ I'm still trying to navigate through the debris of different skincare products, hoping to find what works best for my skin.

Whenever I get a breakout, this is what I use:

1st day: Hero Pimple Patch

(This really sucks up all the puss in the pimple/pimples)

2nd day: CVS Targeted Acne Spot Treatment

(It’s really cheap and works wonders to heal the breakout!)

Then I just apply The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% to reduce redness (I know it’s for oil control but it also in my case reduces the redness and inflammation). I just keep applying it until the redness is very minor.

This is just what works for me!

Using two acids every night can really strip your barrier and lead to more breakouts. I love using the ordinary glycolic as a regular toner then the la roche posay as a spot treatment.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • 1000006904.jpg
testing