Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2024 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Week 8 - Share your body care routine!

TeamBIC_0-1704907123574.png

Happy New Year, BIC! Weโ€™re kicking off 2024 with an important reminder: we all need to take good care of ourselves โ€“ this year and beyond. ๐Ÿ˜Š Some of us may make resolutions, and others may already have their regular routines down to a tee; regardless of where you are in your self-care journey, we could all use a few extra reminders and a bit of motivation to spend a little extra T.L.C. on ourselves!

Like similar posts from previous years, weโ€™ve come up with a list of weekly prompts to challenge you to exercise your self-care skills in different ways. ๐Ÿงก We encourage you to participate and respond to the prompts that speak to you โ€“ and donโ€™t be afraid to share any other self-care tips and tricks along the way!

• Week 1 (1/10 โ€“ 1/16): Creating the perfect morning routine to start your day off right ๐ŸŒž
  • Week 2 (1/17 โ€“ 1/23): Surrounding yourself with soothing scents โœจ
  • Week 3 (1/24 โ€“ 1/30): Testing out products to promote wellness (supplements, intimate care, rollersโ€ฆ) ๐ŸŒฟ
  • Week 4 (1/31 โ€“ 2/6): Indulging in your favorite face mask(s) ๐Ÿ‘ฉ
  • Week 5 (2/7 โ€“ 2/13): Spending extra time on your hair (and scalp!) care ๐Ÿงผ
  • Week 6 (2/14 โ€“ 2/20): Cleaning up your beauty collection ๐Ÿงน
  • Week 7 (2/21 โ€“ 2/27): Improving your quality of sleep ๐Ÿ’ค
  • Week 8 (2/28 โ€“ 3/5): Focusing on body care (lotions, dry brushing, serumsโ€ฆ) ๐Ÿ›

Hit the โ€œReplyโ€ button below and let us know how you are practicing self-care!  ๐Ÿคฉ Be sure to use the โ€œ#โ€ to tag any products relevant to your answers, if applicable.  

Re: 2024 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Week 7 - Share your secrets to better sleep! ๐Ÿ˜ด

Love this! Turning off the electronics can be so challenging but itโ€™s much needed. Lovely routine ๐Ÿซถ๐Ÿ’• @CynthieLu 

Re: 2024 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Week 7 - Share your secrets to better sleep! ๐Ÿ˜ด

Sleep is soo precious ๐Ÿ’™ I'm enjoying reading all the tips here. I'm glad you liked these ones @peculiarzmakeup. ๐Ÿ˜„

Love this @CynthieLu specially your last tip!๐Ÿค

I've picked these up from others and I'm so happy too share them @happyskincare. I'm so happy you find them helpful! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’—

FEW HOURS @CynthieLu ?! What are we doing during the few hours... ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

Lol I find things ๐Ÿ˜‰ @jaaayp but usually it's just getting me and the kiddo ready for bed, faces washed and teeth brushed, preparing for the next day and a little quiet time. ๐ŸŒ 

@CynthieLu I love your last tip.  I am going to try it.  

I'm stoked you like it. @CorgiMommy ๐Ÿฉท Ending the day on a positive note just feels like would be a good thing. ๐Ÿ™‚

Oops. Missed week 6 to clean out my beauty collection.. now was that by accident or... on purpose ๐Ÿคญ

Week 7: my quality of sleep

I am naturally a night owl, if I have the following day off, I don't sleep till 3,4,5, sometimes 6AM ๐Ÿ˜…

That being said, 2024 is a new year and new me, I've been going to bed before 12 and waking up at 7am everyday (this is very early for me)

Some things I incorporated this year:

• Journaling at night to lower my anxiety
  • Sleep spray
  • Doing my skincare early, right around 9PM
  • Heavier blankets
  • Proper sleeping clothes, even though I WFH, I don't wear PJs during the day
  • On days, I really can't sleep, sleep mask
  • White noise/meditation/ASMR

I was trying out melatonin again for the 3rd time in my life and this time around, it worked, I fell asleep quickly but I was having some REALLY vivid dreams so that's been returned ๐Ÿ˜‚

Doesn't hurt that I have these babies with me in bed, they're like mini heatpads and helps me fall asleep quicker ๐Ÿคญ

1000014565.jpg

โ€ƒ

1000010447.jpg

โ€ƒ

Look at those angels! ๐Ÿ˜ป

Thank you @lleux ๐Ÿฅฐ

Love your kitties @jaaayp. I admire you having a better sleep time frame im such a night owl๐Ÿ˜‚๐ŸŒ™๐Ÿฉต

I feel you @happyskincare ! I used to sleep around 3 or 4am during the week when I worked at 9am the next day... the whole "if you wake up early/you'll sleep early" doesn't work... you gotta tire yourself out like no tomorrow until you get used to it ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

@jaaayp cute kitties

Thank you @CorgiMommy ๐Ÿฅฐ my tiny heatpads ๐Ÿ˜‚

Lol kitties!! ๐Ÿ˜ป ( Mine equally help me sleep with kitty cuddles, but then wake me up multiple times during the night from kitty shenanigans ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…)

I love your trips/tricks for getting a good night's sleep. Journaling is a really good habit imo ๐Ÿ–Š๏ธ @jaaayp and a heavy blanket sounds comforting. ๐Ÿฅฐ

You know @CynthieLu my cats sleep throughout the night and wake up when I do. They're weird, huh? LOL thank yooou ๐Ÿฅฐ heavy blanket made a big difference for me.. I guess there's a reason why folks buy weighted blankets! ๐Ÿค”

Your so lucky, that's sooo calm for a kitty at night. @jaaayp  Mine gets real crazy after everyone is asleep. It's her go time. And she likes company, so she's always trying to do her kitty shinanegans and wake up someone.๐Ÿ™€

LOL I heard that's the norm though @CynthieLu ! My cats are pretty much awake throughout the day.. I go to the bathroom, they're waiting outside, I go to the office, they're tackling each other in the office, I'm eating lunch, they eat lunch. I think they're tired at night from keeping me company during the day. Esp since one of my cats is 6 and soon to me senior. Maybe when your little girl turns senior?!?

Week 7: Improving your quality of sleep - I will share some things that work for me:

• Waking up and falling asleep around the same time as much as I can
  • Drinking a chamomile tea before bed
  • Working out during the day causes me to be physically tired at the end of the day
  • Listening to a calming/wind down meditation before bed
  • I like to keep a notepad and pen on my bedside table for the nights my mind is racing with things I need to get done. It helps me to write them down so I can let go of the thought

I am looking forward to everyones tips. I hope everyone has a great sleep! ๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ˜ดโค๏ธ

Sleep twins! @Mellmars1185 I love your notepad next to bed. I journal but it never occurred to me that I can scribble in the middle of the night ๐Ÿ™Š

10 Replies
testing