Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2024 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Week 8 - Share your body care routine!

TeamBIC_0-1704907123574.png

Happy New Year, BIC! Weโ€™re kicking off 2024 with an important reminder: we all need to take good care of ourselves โ€“ this year and beyond. ๐Ÿ˜Š Some of us may make resolutions, and others may already have their regular routines down to a tee; regardless of where you are in your self-care journey, we could all use a few extra reminders and a bit of motivation to spend a little extra T.L.C. on ourselves!

Like similar posts from previous years, weโ€™ve come up with a list of weekly prompts to challenge you to exercise your self-care skills in different ways. ๐Ÿงก We encourage you to participate and respond to the prompts that speak to you โ€“ and donโ€™t be afraid to share any other self-care tips and tricks along the way!

• Week 1 (1/10 โ€“ 1/16): Creating the perfect morning routine to start your day off right ๐ŸŒž
  • Week 2 (1/17 โ€“ 1/23): Surrounding yourself with soothing scents โœจ
  • Week 3 (1/24 โ€“ 1/30): Testing out products to promote wellness (supplements, intimate care, rollersโ€ฆ) ๐ŸŒฟ
  • Week 4 (1/31 โ€“ 2/6): Indulging in your favorite face mask(s) ๐Ÿ‘ฉ
  • Week 5 (2/7 โ€“ 2/13): Spending extra time on your hair (and scalp!) care ๐Ÿงผ
  • Week 6 (2/14 โ€“ 2/20): Cleaning up your beauty collection ๐Ÿงน
  • Week 7 (2/21 โ€“ 2/27): Improving your quality of sleep ๐Ÿ’ค
  • Week 8 (2/28 โ€“ 3/5): Focusing on body care (lotions, dry brushing, serumsโ€ฆ) ๐Ÿ›

Hit the โ€œReplyโ€ button below and let us know how you are practicing self-care!  ๐Ÿคฉ Be sure to use the โ€œ#โ€ to tag any products relevant to your answers, if applicable.  

Re: 2024 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Share your hair and scalp care secrets! ๐Ÿ’™

Love that amika dry shampoo @Colettey87! That's awesome that you carry it with you in your purse!

Re: 2024 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Share your hair and scalp care secrets! ๐Ÿ’™

@Colettey87 Great products! I love the scent of Moroccanoil.

@Colettey87 

I appreciate you saying this it is very relatable it can be difficult to keep up. Amazing products I could see those being really essential and smelling great! 

EEEEEP! Today happens to be wash day for me so this is perfect! I'm tagging @ather, my 2024 fellow haircare journey buddy ๐Ÿฅฐ

Full disclosure, I have fine/thin hair that gets bleached very thoroughly two to three times a year so I need to keep my strands super healthy in between bleach sessions. So please excuse me if it seems excessive LOL

This morning I oiled my scalp and damped my hair and applied bond repair. The beauty of working from home means I don't have to do it overnight which means no wrap or residuals on my sheets!

Fable & Mane HoliRootsโ„ข Pre-wash Hair Treatment Oil 1.8 oz/ 55 mL 

Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 

Alt: The Ordinary Mini Multi Peptide Hair Density Serum 1 oz / 30 mL 

My favorite things to use during my hair wash in the shower (I will not list all hampoo and conditioners in my shower currently as ill look like a lunatic LOL)

OUAI Detox Shampoo 

OUAI Treatment Mask for Fine and Medium Hair 8 oz/ 236 mL 

Olaplex No.4P Blonde Enhancerโ„ข Toning Purple Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL 

I am trying a new shampoo and conditioner combo today.. fingers crossed๐Ÿคž:

BondiBoost Thickening Therapy Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner Duo 

AFTERCARE!!!! I dont use everything together as I alternate between washes and the vegamour serum is new.

K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL (yes. I have a gigantic size heh heh)

OUAI Detangling and Frizz Fighting Leave In Conditioner 4.7 oz/ 140 mL 

Olaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother 3.3 oz/ 100 mL 

Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil 

IGK Mixed Feelings Purple Leave-In Blonde Toning Drops 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Vegamour GRO Hair Serum & Biotin Gummies Set for Thinning Hair 

1000014046.jpg

โ€ƒ

1000014049.jpg

โ€ƒ

1000014050.jpg

โ€ƒ

1000014048.jpg

โ€ƒ

Look at all the pretties @jaaayp! Okay, tell me how you use the Fable & Mane prewash; I'm trying to figure out the best way to use it - wearing it overnight has not worked well for me. @Mellmars1185 recommended using a detox shampoo to wash it out and that has been working much better. I've been playing around with the right amount to use too.

How come overnight hasn't worked for you @itsfi ?! I usually put it on around 8/9am and wash off around 5pm (8/9 hours or so). I do use the OUAI Detox Shampoo with a hair scrubber to get it completely washed off my scalp before I follow up with purple shampoo... on the days I don't use purple shampoo, I still need to double shampoo so I'll use Detox then follow it up with my verb. I usually use just 1 full-ish dropper (my dropper is broken.. i ordered this online and the first 2 bottles leaked and by the 3rd one, sephora just gave me credit to go buy it at store and the dropper was still broken so i gave up lol) and only apply to scalp and ends. I find this to COMPLETELY clean the scalp, prevents dryness, silky ends when I use this and wash off. I find 0 flakiness or dandruff or nothing FORSURE but idk about hair growth as it claims.. but I only use this once a week or once every 2 weeks. 

That's the same detox shampoo that I've been using with the Fable & Mane @jaaayp! It has been working well I wonder if I was putting too much of the F&M hair oil overnight. Will try it again another day and dial back the dosage. The F&M is part of one of the products I'm aiming to work through for the Pan It! - 2024 Challenge. It's probably going to be something I use once every 2-3 weeks.

Ooh idk what that challenge is but I'm gonna go check it out rn @itsfi ! (Thank you for tagging the thread.. i never see new threads because tha app hates me ๐Ÿฅฒ) I hope the lower dosage works for you, if it's the residue.. maybe double shampoo will work better? ๐Ÿค”

@jaaayp, I have a feeling I'll need to decrease the amount I was using and do a double cleanse but with my hair and shampoo - first a detox/clarifying shampoo and then a non-detox one. 

In a nutshell, the Pan It! Challenge involves (among other variations) those participating selecting products they want to work through over the course of the year, with the aiming of hitting pan on the products selected or using up products. Other variations including identiying a goal for selected products - such as you are going to use a product X number of times per week or month, etc. Or, you want to see how much of a product you can use up by the end of the year, etc. Some people post updates monthly, quarterly or as they finish a product on their list of products to pan. 

OOOH. @itsfi thanks for sharing ๐Ÿฅฐ I'm doing this already so many I should join in with my rambles hehe.

Please let me know if your new dosage works for you! Tbh, sometimes it's just not worth the hassle and that's ok too! ๐Ÿ’•

@jaaayp Great hair care routine. I agree with you about the WFH and hair treatments. It is such a smart idea! The IGK toning drops are amazing.I always recommend that to friends. How do you use it? I used to mix it in with my hair serum/ heat protector before I blow dried my hair (when I had blond highlights). I hope the new products work out for you.

Yes!! That's exactly how I use it @Mellmars1185 and it works so well and it doesn't leave any stains anywhere! I usually mix it in my verb oil or sometimes olepex. I love that I can just add it to things I already use and it's gonna go a long way because you only need a couple drops!!

@jaaayp  oooo I really like your line up!! The K18 is so good! Where did you find the jumbo size? I canโ€™t wait to see how it all works! I think my hair is at the end of falling out. I washed my hair today and I used my comb and I didnโ€™t notice as much fall out. I feel like my hair is feeling thicker too. Maybe the veganour is working? 

My hairstylist was able to score me a huge bottle @ather ! She only charged me like $90 for it too! Whaaaa! That's crazy! How long have you been using vegamour? I just started Sunday. You're setting the bar high for me ๐Ÿ˜‚

@jaaayp  ooo lucky!! I think like a week more than you! I do wonder if my cycle that was making my hair fall out has ended. And thatโ€™s why I am noticing a difference. I canโ€™t say itโ€™s from the serum 100% but I wonโ€™t stop using it now!! Worth a try to keep using it. Iโ€™m interested in your thoughts on it. 

I'm definitely interested in your journey as well. It's crazy that if it is the oils and serums, it's helping you so quickly, after a week!!! So jealous @ather ๐Ÿฅฒ

@jaaayp  Maybe itโ€™s a placebo!! Or itโ€™s been 4 months since I had Covid. So fouls be that too. But Iโ€™m focusing on the serum working!!! Iโ€™ll keep you posted! I used the Vegamour gro shampoo and conditioner yesterday and it was great!!! ๐Ÿ˜Š and smells amazing! Which makes or brakes my opinion!! 

!!!! @ather I totally get what you mean about the smell because I started using the BondiBoost Thickening Therapy Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner Duo and idk if I'm seeing thickness but omg it smells so good LOL

@jaaayp  Ooooo I will keep this on my radar!! I need all the thickness! I feel like I also need more hair ๐Ÿคฃ

If you ever post a picture of yourself (idk if you have on what are you wearing today challenges) and if I see a full head of hair, I'll be very upset @ather ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™ˆ

Last year I really focused on my hair heath and tried a lot of new products. I have always been afraid to use oil in my hair because it is fine and thin. JVN Complete Pre-Wash Scalp & Hair Strengthening Treatment Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL completely changed how I feel about oils because it didnโ€™t weigh my hair down. I also started using Kรฉrastase Elixir Ultime Hydrating Hair Oil Serum 3.4 oz/ 100 mL or Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil on just the ends every night. K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL has made a big difference in my overall hair health. I use it every 2 weeks. Sleeping on a silk pillowcase and using a satin bonnet has helped so much with frizziness. I try to do a hair mask at least once a week. Redken All soft and amika Mini Soulfood Nourishing Mask 3.3 oz/ 100 mL are my favorites. I finally found my favorite conditioner Redken All soft,  but I am still searching for my favorite shampoo.

16 Replies
testing