Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2024 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Week 7 - Share your secrets to better sleep! 😴

TeamBIC_0-1704907123574.png

Happy New Year, BIC! We’re kicking off 2024 with an important reminder: we all need to take good care of ourselves – this year and beyond. 😊 Some of us may make resolutions, and others may already have their regular routines down to a tee; regardless of where you are in your self-care journey, we could all use a few extra reminders and a bit of motivation to spend a little extra T.L.C. on ourselves!

Like similar posts from previous years, we’ve come up with a list of weekly prompts to challenge you to exercise your self-care skills in different ways. 🧡 We encourage you to participate and respond to the prompts that speak to you – and don’t be afraid to share any other self-care tips and tricks along the way!

• Week 1 (1/10 – 1/16): Creating the perfect morning routine to start your day off right 🌞
  • Week 2 (1/17 – 1/23): Surrounding yourself with soothing scents
  • Week 3 (1/24 – 1/30): Testing out products to promote wellness (supplements, intimate care, rollers…) 🌿
  • Week 4 (1/31 – 2/6): Indulging in your favorite face mask(s) 👩
  • Week 5 (2/7 – 2/13): Spending extra time on your hair (and scalp!) care 🧼
  • Week 6 (2/14 – 2/20): Cleaning up your beauty collection 🧹
  • Week 7 (2/21 – 2/27): Improving your quality of sleep 💤
  • Week 8 (2/28 – 3/5): Focusing on body care (lotions, dry brushing, serums…) 🛁

Hit the “Reply” button below and let us know how you are practicing self-care!  🤩 Be sure to use the “#” to tag any products relevant to your answers, if applicable.  

Re: 2024 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Week 7 - Share your secrets to better sleep! 😴

Every night I take melatonin gummies with immune support and a magnesium supplement. I have to have no noise or light to sleep so the Slip Lovely Lashes Contour Sleep Mask has helped so much. 

Re: 2024 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Week 7 - Share your secrets to better sleep! 😴

Which ones do you take @faeriegirl ?!

@jaaayp  I take Natrol melatonin plus immune support and Spring Valley high absorption magnesium 200mg.

🌙 Improving my quality of sleep 🌠

I have picked a few little tricks/tips here and there that help me get a good night's sleep. They are things like:

-Getting exercise during the day, even if it's just taking a walk, helps me sleep better at night.

-I write down tasks for the next day on a notepad by my bed so I don't have worries keeping me up. 😉

- I drink a tea by Natural Calm, it has magnesium, gabba and melatonin, I drink it on nights I think I need a little extra help.

-Turn off electronics a few hours before bed time and disconnect from any screens. 🖥

-Try to remember a few positive things that happened during the day, even on the rough ones, to go to sleep in a healthier mindset. 💙

Sweet dreams! 💤💤

FEW HOURS @CynthieLu ?! What are we doing during the few hours... 🤔🤔🤔

Lol I find things 😉 @jaaayp but usually it's just getting me and the kiddo ready for bed, faces washed and teeth brushed, preparing for the next day and a little quiet time. 🌠

@CynthieLu I love your last tip.  I am going to try it.  

I'm stoked you like it. @CorgiMommy 🩷 Ending the day on a positive note just feels like would be a good thing. 🙂

Oops. Missed week 6 to clean out my beauty collection.. now was that by accident or... on purpose 🤭

Week 7: my quality of sleep

I am naturally a night owl, if I have the following day off, I don't sleep till 3,4,5, sometimes 6AM 😅

That being said, 2024 is a new year and new me, I've been going to bed before 12 and waking up at 7am everyday (this is very early for me)

Some things I incorporated this year:

• Journaling at night to lower my anxiety
  • Sleep spray
  • Doing my skincare early, right around 9PM
  • Heavier blankets
  • Proper sleeping clothes, even though I WFH, I don't wear PJs during the day
  • On days, I really can't sleep, sleep mask
  • White noise/meditation/ASMR

I was trying out melatonin again for the 3rd time in my life and this time around, it worked, I fell asleep quickly but I was having some REALLY vivid dreams so that's been returned 😂

Doesn't hurt that I have these babies with me in bed, they're like mini heatpads and helps me fall asleep quicker 🤭

1000014565.jpg

1000010447.jpg

@jaaayp cute kitties

Thank you @CorgiMommy 🥰 my tiny heatpads 😂

Lol kitties!! 😻 ( Mine equally help me sleep with kitty cuddles, but then wake me up multiple times during the night from kitty shenanigans 😅😅)

I love your trips/tricks for getting a good night's sleep. Journaling is a really good habit imo 🖊@jaaayp and a heavy blanket sounds comforting. 🥰

You know @CynthieLu my cats sleep throughout the night and wake up when I do. They're weird, huh? LOL thank yooou 🥰 heavy blanket made a big difference for me.. I guess there's a reason why folks buy weighted blankets! 🤔

Your so lucky, that's sooo calm for a kitty at night. @jaaayp  Mine gets real crazy after everyone is asleep. It's her go time. And she likes company, so she's always trying to do her kitty shinanegans and wake up someone.🙀

LOL I heard that's the norm though @CynthieLu ! My cats are pretty much awake throughout the day.. I go to the bathroom, they're waiting outside, I go to the office, they're tackling each other in the office, I'm eating lunch, they eat lunch. I think they're tired at night from keeping me company during the day. Esp since one of my cats is 6 and soon to me senior. Maybe when your little girl turns senior?!?

Week 7: Improving your quality of sleep - I will share some things that work for me:

• Waking up and falling asleep around the same time as much as I can
  • Drinking a chamomile tea before bed
  • Working out during the day causes me to be physically tired at the end of the day
  • Listening to a calming/wind down meditation before bed
  • I like to keep a notepad and pen on my bedside table for the nights my mind is racing with things I need to get done. It helps me to write them down so I can let go of the thought

I am looking forward to everyones tips. I hope everyone has a great sleep! 💤😴❤️

Sleep twins! @Mellmars1185 I love your notepad next to bed. I journal but it never occurred to me that I can scribble in the middle of the night 🙊

@jaaayp Thank you! I also forgot to mention reading in bed also helps me fall asleep.

Ooh ya @Mellmars1185 I tried that but I get sucked in so fast and next thing I know.. it's 4am 😂

I hear you. Reading has a different effect on me before bed. For myself, my eyes get heavy and I either have to go back a few pages the next time because I was too sleepy to retain any info or i lose my page when I fall asleep  😆

456 Replies
testing