cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Last Week! - Healthy scalp and hair tips

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Ready or not, 2023 is here, and the Beauty Insider Community is kicking the year off the best way we know how: with our annual Self-Care Check-In Challenge! Whether or not you’re a resolution-maker, there’s something kind of satisfying about the idea of a “fresh start” 🧼 and while we’re big supporters of maintaining boundaries and practicing self-care all year round, it doesn’t hurt to have a little extra motivation to set healthy (and/or relaxing) habits.

Think of this thread as the place to check in with your fellow Community members and share how you’re practicing different types of self-care – they can be inspired by our weekly inspo prompts, or based on your own unique self-care needs or beauty intentions. If one theme doesn’t speak to you – by all means, skip it! You can still stop by to cheer on your fellow Community members! 🤗

• Week 1 (1/4-1/10): Perfecting your nighttime skincare routine
  • Week 2 (1/11-1/17): Adding some movement to your day (and post-exercise relaxation!)
  • Week 3 (1/18-1/24): Spending extra time on body care (dry brushing, exfoliating treatments, bath time?)
  • Week 4 (1/25-1/31): Organizing your beauty collection (it can be therapeutic!) 
  • Week 5 (2/1-2/7): Relaxing with home scents and candles
  • Week 6 (2/8-2/14): Experimenting with a new-to-you wellness trend (supplements, rollers, CBD…) 
  • Week 7 (2/15-2/21): Getting a good night’s sleep
  • Week 8 (2/22-2/28): Trying a healthy scalp and haircare routine ◀

Hit the reply button below and let us know – how are you practicing self-care in 2023? Don’t forget to tag any products you’re using to achieve your goals, if applicable, by using the “#” sign!

Re: 2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Week 3 - Share your body care tips!

@CookieGirl1 You can’t go wrong with the Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Visibly Firming Refillable Body Cream 2.5 oz/ 75 mL yo help pick the routine back up! 

Soft skin is a great goal @CookieGirl1 😀 you can do it!

Self care is important!! I love coming home from work taking a hot bath & Just reflect on my day.After I do my nightly skin regimen The INKEY List Winter Skin 101 was my absolute favorite, I have dry skin in winter, loved it & also gave The Ordinary The Big Set a try but I liked the winter set the best. The best lesson I got in life is, you can't pour from an empty cup! I'm working towards taking care of ME more this year, when you feel good, you will continue to take care of you. I'm looking for suggestions on hair products color treated blonde & I need focus on thicking my hair. Take time to do what makes you happy, read, journal, binge watch tv, but most importantly do things that promote a healthy, happy, you!! I also like to meditate right before bed & when I wake in the morning. SEPHORA COLLECTION Firming Eye Cream with Peptides 0.67 oz/ 20 mL has been a miracle for my fine lines, I use daily before my morning makeup before work. The older I get the more I'm more self conscious over the appearance of lines under my eyes, I'm working on fixing it for me, to make me feel better. If anyone has suggestions on shampoo they have to use please let me know!! To anyone that reads this ... Your important, your opinion matters & love yourself even on bad days! 

@LeaKy00 these are great products - it's always an extra bonus when they're affordable too!

i have hair that's definitely on the thinner side, and i've been noticing a ton of positive improvement lately! for context, i had a condition around 8 years ago that caused a lot of my hair to fall out, and it's been very thin and slow to grow in ever since.

some things i've noticed as being really helpful - a detox shampoo once a week (i'll tag some recommendations, but there are lots of great ones across all price points!), rosemary oil (this can be very harsh on the scalp directly, so i actually put some in my regular shampoo and let it sit on the scalp), i sleep with my hair in a braid to prevent pulling or breakage in my sleep (i also use silk pillow cases and scrunchies), and mt HG product lately has been the BondiBoost Intensive Daily Scalp Spray for Thinning Hair ​with Rosemary 4.23 oz/ 125 mL ! i love the bondiboost line! this is a spray that i apply to the scalp at my part and around my temples at night. it doesnt make your hair greasy or require washing the next day (which was my main complaint about hair oils and other regrowth products). diet is also very important to hair health! when i started eating better and adding vitamins to my routine, my hair also changed quite a bit!

@LeaKy00 and i totally forgot to tag the detox shampoos.... K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Mini PEPTIDE PREP™ Clarifying Detox Shampoo 1.8 oz / 53 mL is an absolute holy grail, but i know it's pricey! the OUAI Detox Shampoo is also amazing. because you dont use a ton of product and only once a week at the most, even small bottles last a long time!

The Inkey List has a great line up @LeaKy00 🤩 So true, it's very important to take the time for self care and do things that make you feel good and keep your cup from running empty, well said 💕

What are you looking for from a shampoo? I love #shu uemura Color Lustre Sulfate-Free Shampoo for Color-Treated Hair 10 oz/ 300 mL for color treated hair is it's really nice. It's not deep cleaning but it gives my hair some nice shine and easy on my hair colour

@LeaKy00 I'm SO with you on wanting to improve my hair!  I try so many new things but very few end up truly being home runs for me.

Week Three - Body Care Tips 

Admittedly, i'm not the best at maintaining a body care routine, although i am good at keeping a skincare one. i've tried to make a concerted effort this year to focus on body care in a realistic way. as much as i would love to say i'll dry brush and do all these other things this year, i will be focusing on building a simple body care foundational routine, and i can build on it later when i'm in the habit!

my skin does tend to get dry and i do waxing/sugaring, so exfoliating is really important. i'm pretty good at exfoliating in the shower, but will aim for twice a week. i love the bath and body works scrub lines, and the First Aid Beauty KP Bump Eraser Body Scrub with 10% AHA 10 oz / 283.5 g in the winter when my skin is especially dry. i'll use the FAB on my knees and elbows all year round.

i am now starting to get better about moisturizing my body right after the shower. my motivation right now is that i added some body cremes and lotions to my pan project for this year. that thread is so amazing to help me work through products, and i highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't been on that thread yet!

finally - i am committing myself to actually using my health benefits for massages and relaxation body care. i dont always take advantage, but i always feel so amazing when i go!

@cianni That sounds like a great plan! Keep up the great self care 😊

@Mellmars1185 thank you! it's nice to get into a little routine with self-care 🙂 it's like a little treat for yourself but everyday!

Week 3: Spending extra time on body care - I have been dry exfoliating after and before taking a shower. It is very awakening and I feel rejuvenated after. I have also been trying to keep moisturized during the colder months. 

Week 2: Adding some movement to your day

I am a little late posting. I have been doing fitness challenges for the past few months. I usually do 2 days in a row of a work out, take a rest day and then repeat. On the 5th exercise we stretch. I have also been going for massages.

@Mellmars1185  I love that routine!! That’s amazing!

@ather Thank you. Some days are hard. When I push through I feel amazing after. I also tell myself that I get to work out today instead of I have to.

@Mellmars1185  I love that idea. I have a mini motivator. My toddler was begging me to work out Sunday at 7am. It’s so cute and hard to say no to!!

@ather Aww that is so cute! They have so much energy when they are little. I need a motivator! My teenager likes to sleep in and my fiancée doesn't really workout....maybe a dog would help me get moving?!?

@Mellmars1185  Maybe. My dogs going to be 16 soon so he doesn’t really exercise but when he was younger we use to run or walk 5k every day! 

@ather ❤️

week 3 : spending extra time on body care 

recently i started caring more about my legs. they’re fine for the most part but i tend to have a bit of texture, razor bumps here and there, and a little bit of discoloration. sooo i’ve decided to try the Skinfix Resurface+ AHA Renewing Body Cream ! i’m hoping to smooth out these legs and be ready for the summer 🏖

feel free to leave me more tips for the smoothest legs ! 

• Week 2 (1/11-1/17): Adding some movement to your day (and post-exercise relaxation!)

I struggled with answering this one, because I am not currently doing anything remotely close to a routine. I have all of the gear for at-home strengthening, yet…this year for one reason or another, I have not made an effort to set fitness goals for myself.

Then I remembered that I walk my dogs once, sometimes twice a day. It is not far, but I suppose it gets me moving and gives me a little sunshine for my skin. This was a good reminder though, that I need to be more intentional about my movement. For my heart, more than anything else! 

• Week 3 (1/18-1/24): Spending extra time on body care (dry brushing, exfoliating treatments, bath time?)◀

This is a pretty easy one, because I (like a few others here) love baths. I used to use a mix of Dr. Teal’s and baking soda, but now I just make bath bombs (Byrdie has a great DIY recipe) with jojoba or sweet almond oil, too. It is tricky, because if it is too humid, the moisture in the air causes the citric acid to very slowly start to destroy them, so they all meld together. Now I stick them in the freezer after making them on a humid day, and leave them there until it dries out a bit.

I have not tried dry brushing but will have to look into that. Always something new to explore!

Making your own bath bombs is so awesome @eshoe you know exactly what goes in them and can make them just the way you like 🙂 

testing