cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Last Week! - Healthy scalp and hair tips

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Ready or not, 2023 is here, and the Beauty Insider Community is kicking the year off the best way we know how: with our annual Self-Care Check-In Challenge! Whether or not you’re a resolution-maker, there’s something kind of satisfying about the idea of a “fresh start” 🧼 and while we’re big supporters of maintaining boundaries and practicing self-care all year round, it doesn’t hurt to have a little extra motivation to set healthy (and/or relaxing) habits.

Think of this thread as the place to check in with your fellow Community members and share how you’re practicing different types of self-care – they can be inspired by our weekly inspo prompts, or based on your own unique self-care needs or beauty intentions. If one theme doesn’t speak to you – by all means, skip it! You can still stop by to cheer on your fellow Community members! 🤗

• Week 1 (1/4-1/10): Perfecting your nighttime skincare routine
  • Week 2 (1/11-1/17): Adding some movement to your day (and post-exercise relaxation!)
  • Week 3 (1/18-1/24): Spending extra time on body care (dry brushing, exfoliating treatments, bath time?)
  • Week 4 (1/25-1/31): Organizing your beauty collection (it can be therapeutic!) 
  • Week 5 (2/1-2/7): Relaxing with home scents and candles
  • Week 6 (2/8-2/14): Experimenting with a new-to-you wellness trend (supplements, rollers, CBD…) 
  • Week 7 (2/15-2/21): Getting a good night’s sleep
  • Week 8 (2/22-2/28): Trying a healthy scalp and haircare routine ◀

Hit the reply button below and let us know – how are you practicing self-care in 2023? Don’t forget to tag any products you’re using to achieve your goals, if applicable, by using the “#” sign!

Re: 2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Week 3 - Share your body care tips!

And it is kind of relaxing, too, @CynthieLu! It is a win-win all around. Those Lush bombs are still quite a treat though 😉

I have never made my own bath bombs @eshoe . I use them so often, I’m definitely going to look into it!

@faeriegirl this recipe has been pretty fool-proof for me. I do not use food coloring, as I don’t want to risk staining anything.

Spoiler
9EB6B9B8-DB83-4C55-8AD5-721C22A340C8.jpeg

Costco sells XL bags of Dr. Teal’s, I think 7 lbs and they come two to a box. I also get the baking soda there. I have used up a few facial oils for the oil, too. The citric acid and molds I found on Amazon. I like that I know exactly what is going into them, nothing extra that might irritate my skin. I hope you have fun if you try it!

Thank you so much @eshoe!

You are welcome, @faeriegirl! I double the batch, and it makes between 7-9 regular size spheres, depending on how tightly they are packed. @PrettyPaint 

That is so cool @eshoe. I think I may try this. Bath bombs are so expensive, so it's great to know you can make your own. 

They are, @PrettyPaint, which is fine if you are the occasional bath-seeker. But as a nightly routine, it can get a little pricey! I did calculate it and it is a considerable savings, well worth it if you enjoy the crafty aspect. 

@eshoe One more question...

Did you get the circular/sphere metal type of molds from amazon?

Yes, @PrettyPaint - I bought these but it looks like they are no longer available. There are plenty though that look just the same.

E33A5020-3D4B-439D-AED7-50711C32D27F.jpeg

I find that I only use one set, because I remove it (very carefully) immediately after molding, and set on parchment paper on a little tray. So you really don’t need a bunch! Sometimes the mix starts to stick after molding a few, so I just wipe it out with a clean cloth and start over. I would love to know if you decide to try it! 

Thanks so much! @eshoe  The parchment paper is a really good idea.

I learned the hard way, @PrettyPaint 🙂

I am just starting the challenge and I just wanna start off with I'm so glad I'm joining my self acceptance has been low and I haven't wore makeup since covid started I really need to stay Taking care of myself But most of all my body 🙃 I'm so excited for this week's challenge!! What are your favorite body products I should buy 

I feel in love with The INKEY List Winter Skin 101, it's a cheaper way to try it out, I tend to have dry skin in winter, my face always was dry which made my makeup look awful. I think getting up starting my day with mediation & then my daily routine with makeup, hair, outfit for work has helped me get out of the post covid funk I was still in, getting to go to work instead of home truly helped me, I got out of my routine & stopped doing any kind of self care, I was home alot & just didn't care. Find what you like , bath with candles to relax is one of my favorites, then I do something for me like read, binge watch, instead of something I have to do. I realized the house work can wait, feeling good mentally, physically, and spiritually gets me in the right frame of mind. Just bc I've gotten older doesn't mean I don't need me time! Find your passion & feel good doing it!! Happy new year !! This year is about me for a change, I'm working towards goals & I Kno I'm gonna reach them. Best wishes!! 

I have soooo many loves @SaraAla 😉‌ there's alot of fun stuff out there, what do you like?

I like Cetaphil scrub for face (for body too!) Or the Sephora body washes. They're mild and feel nice after being outdoors in the colder weather! 💞

Week 3

I love a good bath with some bath salts and shower oil. I have a sponge that I found on Amazon which is great for exfoliating. It kind of feels like a Mr. Clean magic eraser but for skin. I usually take a bath when I feel extremely stressed out and need some extra me time, maybe once or twice a month. 

Week 3 (1/18-1/24): Spending extra time on body care (dry brushing, exfoliating treatments, bath time?)

I am a huge bath fan! I try to get in at least 3-4 good soaks a week. It definitely helps me sleep  better. I’ve tried dry brushing and I like it, I just always forget to do it before a bath🤦🏼‍♀️. I usually do a body scrub once a week. My favorite is First Aid Beauty KP Bump Eraser Body Scrub with 10% AHA 10 oz / 283.5 g . My favorite body moisturizers are Nécessaire Mini The Body Lotion - Firming Moisturizer With 5 Peptides and 2.5% Niacinamide and Nécessaire The Body Serum - With Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide + Ceramide 5.1 oz/ 150 mL . They keep my skin hydrated year round. I used to prefer scented body care but now I’m more of a scent free gal. 

Baths are so relaxing @faeriegirl I totally agree, great for a good night's rest and to help unwind after a tough day 😴 😇

Team bath @faeriegirl! It really does help with sleeping better, I have found that to be true, too. 

I also forget to do a good dry brush before my shower @faeriegirl . I have several different exfoliating tools and they are sitting  in the bathroom laughing at me! 😄

Share your body care tips ‌‌️

Okay, I have a few of these. (Mostly relating to hydration because my skin lives on the dryer side ‌😅‌)

🌸‌ Don't bathe or shower in water that is too hot, it dries out your skin

🍓‌ Pat your skin dry, it pushes moisture back into your skin instead of aggressive toweling

🦄‌ Use moisturizer after the bath to help seal in all the good moisture (adding a few drops of your favorite oil to your moisturizer can add extra awesomeness to this step)

🌈‌ a old silk shirt *I found ones at thrift stores * make excellent hair towels.

Not really body care, I know, but I think it's a good hair care hack and I was talking about after bathing/showering so I thought it was a helpful point ‌😋

Following up: I did it you guys, I started doing little 30-45 minute work out sessions after work. Mostly yoga * my favorite overall body toning exercise * and I pulled out my wee little 5lbs weights. I successfully did 4 small sessions *woo hoo* and I'm still going strong on my skin care goals. The journal is really helping keep me on track, it's so handy! 📖 

8 Replies
testing