cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Last Week! - Healthy scalp and hair tips

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Ready or not, 2023 is here, and the Beauty Insider Community is kicking the year off the best way we know how: with our annual Self-Care Check-In Challenge! Whether or not you’re a resolution-maker, there’s something kind of satisfying about the idea of a “fresh start” 🧼 and while we’re big supporters of maintaining boundaries and practicing self-care all year round, it doesn’t hurt to have a little extra motivation to set healthy (and/or relaxing) habits.

Think of this thread as the place to check in with your fellow Community members and share how you’re practicing different types of self-care – they can be inspired by our weekly inspo prompts, or based on your own unique self-care needs or beauty intentions. If one theme doesn’t speak to you – by all means, skip it! You can still stop by to cheer on your fellow Community members! 🤗

• Week 1 (1/4-1/10): Perfecting your nighttime skincare routine
  • Week 2 (1/11-1/17): Adding some movement to your day (and post-exercise relaxation!)
  • Week 3 (1/18-1/24): Spending extra time on body care (dry brushing, exfoliating treatments, bath time?)
  • Week 4 (1/25-1/31): Organizing your beauty collection (it can be therapeutic!) 
  • Week 5 (2/1-2/7): Relaxing with home scents and candles
  • Week 6 (2/8-2/14): Experimenting with a new-to-you wellness trend (supplements, rollers, CBD…) 
  • Week 7 (2/15-2/21): Getting a good night’s sleep
  • Week 8 (2/22-2/28): Trying a healthy scalp and haircare routine ◀

Hit the reply button below and let us know – how are you practicing self-care in 2023? Don’t forget to tag any products you’re using to achieve your goals, if applicable, by using the “#” sign!

Re: 2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Week 2 - Adding some movement to your day!

@Ispend2much6  I’m actually the same. I drink way to much and don’t realize till it’s too late. I had to work from home a couple days this week and the first day I drank 2 pots by myself so the second day I thought I would be more mindful and I only had 3 coffees. Today I only had 2. So I’m getting better!! 

Re: 2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Week 2 - Adding some movement to your day!

@ather  Two is the upper limit for me.  It's hard to judge those Nespresso shots compared to brewed coffee though.  Sounds like you have a solid plan!

@Ispend2much6  Thanks! So far so good!!

@Ispend2much6Hey you had to get up to make the coffee, I think that counts too! ️ 

@bakeamuffin  I'm glad I can count on you to have my back!

Week 2

I was just discharged from physio due to suffering from a sprained ankle in November. Because of that, my exercises have mostly been low impact movements, but I tried to incorporate them into my daily life. While waiting for photocopies, I do some stretches and use the photocopier to help me balance. Instead of calling a coworker or sending an email, I get up and walk over to see them. On days that I want to push myself, I hop on my exercise bike.

After working up a sweat, I like taking a warm shower or even a soak in a bath if I really need to recharge. A special thank you goes out to @Ispend2much6 for introducing me to Skinfix Foaming Oil Body Wash 12.5 oz/ 370 mL. I feel clean without any dryness or irritation.

@JoSometimes happy to hear that you're on the mend! that's so great that youve been able to motivate yourself to do some low impact exercise - it's so easy discourage ourselves when we're not feeling our best!

Thanks @cianni! My physiotherapist said I did the right thing by trying to keep it moving. For an injury like what I had, movement meant more blood flow, which also meant more healing. 

I have to try that Skinfix Foaming Oil Body Wash 12.5 oz/ 370 mL sounds lovely! 
I hope you’ll continue to see improvements with your ankle, it’s so unsettling when injuries happen,

I’m glad to hear you’ve been able to heal up @JoSometimes 😊 

Nothing like a nice hot soak in the bath to recharge, I think I wake up feeling my best when I take a long hot bath, lather up in oils and lotions, and pass out in a nest of blankets and pillows 😄 

Thanks @bakeamuffin! It was very inconvenient at the beginning but I’m back to normal now in terms of being able to walk around confidently and without pain. 

@JoSometimes  Congratulations, and I'm glad you love the body wash!

Thank you @Ispend2much6! And thanks again for the recommendation!

Week 2 - Adding some movement to your day!

I used to have such a great routine, but life has gotten so crazy over the holidays that i seemed to have fallen out of practice. i used to exclusively do hot yoga, but joined a gym in December, so i'm trying to mix it up!

i would love to get back to my old routine of working out min 5 days per week, but i'd like to be realistic! i am aiming for working out 3-4 times per week, with at least one of those being a hot yoga class. so far, i've been pretty good at hitting the gym 3-4 times per week, but have been struggling to fit the yoga in my week. the gym is 24 hours, so it's easier to go versus the yoga studio, who's schedule has been hard for me to incorporate because of work/wedding planning/holidays/life! and now i'm getting nervous to go back because i feel so out of practice!

as much as i am on a low/no buy for workout clothes (i'm proud of my collection but i really do have too many things), i picked up a few items around boxing day. i motivate myself to go by setting aside a cute outfit in the morning!

post-exercise, i sometimes relax by hitting the steam room or sauna, but i most enjoy doing a whole body care ritual! i love using a scrub and a thick body lotion to stimulate my skin and keep it soft and hydrated after a good workout! i'm keeping the Bath and Body Works Stress Relief Eucalyptus body polish in my gym bag, and the Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Oil Melt, and it's soooo nice after a hard workout. i look forward to it before i even go!

@cianni  I love hot yoga! I agree sometimes it’s hard to fit schedules into our day. I haven’t been able to go to a hot yoga studio in forever. I love the feeling after tho! Hopefully you can incorporate it into your schedule!

@ather it feels so amazing just to use all your muscles! i'm hoping to go back this week, even just for one class!

I motivate myself with nice new workout gear too @cianni ! I’ve had to slow down significantly now that I’ve filled the gaps in my wardrobe and can cycle through my week without running out of leggings! 

It sounds like you have a sensible plan for 2023, especially with the incorporation of one yoga class! That’s such a nice workout 😌

@bakeamuffin i definitely have to slow down too, i keep creating "gaps" in my wardrobe like, "oh, i dont have any pink patterned workout gear, i should probably get some!"

i used to do yoga for mental health (and i still do!), but i've also noticed that the extra flexibility has helped with other things, like i slip and fall less on ice in the winter! which is always a bonus haha 

@cianni Oh my gosh I know what you mean by CREATING gaps 😂🫣 the need wasn’t there before but now suddenly it is! Hahaha 

it is so cool that you are able to notice how it’s benefited your body in other ways, right down to balance and stability! Keep it up girl!! I need to remember to roll out my matt more, it really is such a powerful yet gentle form of exercise.

@bakeamuffin yes!! during covid i found a bunch of great YT channels/videos that have been great to do at home, so you can PM me if you're interested in any of those!

Week 2 (1/11-1/17): Adding some movement to your day (and post-exercise relaxation!)

I recently bought one of those back stretchers everyone is talking about and it feels so good! I don’t know if it’s actually doing anything but feels nice. Post exercise (or just walking outside in summer) I love a refreshing face mist like Tower 28 Beauty SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray 4 oz/ 120 mL ! 

@Kim888  I feel like I must be living under a rock because I don’t know what you are referring to about the back stretchers. I wonder if googling will help. Lol. I also love the SOS spray!! 

2 Replies
testing