cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Last Week! - Healthy scalp and hair tips

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Ready or not, 2023 is here, and the Beauty Insider Community is kicking the year off the best way we know how: with our annual Self-Care Check-In Challenge! Whether or not you’re a resolution-maker, there’s something kind of satisfying about the idea of a “fresh start” 🧼 and while we’re big supporters of maintaining boundaries and practicing self-care all year round, it doesn’t hurt to have a little extra motivation to set healthy (and/or relaxing) habits.

Think of this thread as the place to check in with your fellow Community members and share how you’re practicing different types of self-care – they can be inspired by our weekly inspo prompts, or based on your own unique self-care needs or beauty intentions. If one theme doesn’t speak to you – by all means, skip it! You can still stop by to cheer on your fellow Community members! 🤗

• Week 1 (1/4-1/10): Perfecting your nighttime skincare routine
  • Week 2 (1/11-1/17): Adding some movement to your day (and post-exercise relaxation!)
  • Week 3 (1/18-1/24): Spending extra time on body care (dry brushing, exfoliating treatments, bath time?)
  • Week 4 (1/25-1/31): Organizing your beauty collection (it can be therapeutic!) 
  • Week 5 (2/1-2/7): Relaxing with home scents and candles
  • Week 6 (2/8-2/14): Experimenting with a new-to-you wellness trend (supplements, rollers, CBD…) 
  • Week 7 (2/15-2/21): Getting a good night’s sleep
  • Week 8 (2/22-2/28): Trying a healthy scalp and haircare routine ◀

Hit the reply button below and let us know – how are you practicing self-care in 2023? Don’t forget to tag any products you’re using to achieve your goals, if applicable, by using the “#” sign!

Re: 2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Week 2 - Adding some movement to your day!

@ather it’s like this 

DE420EF3-479B-4991-A6FA-62A2929E3E8F.jpeg

apparently they were all the rage on tik tok, which I don’t have, but it eventually trickled onto YouTube lifestyle lists as well ! 

Re: 2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Week 2 - Adding some movement to your day!

@Kim888  I’m not on tic toc either. I’ve never seen this before but now I’m more interested in trying it!! 

• Week 2 (1/11-1/17): Adding some movement to your day (and post-exercise relaxation!)

Finally getting back to my regular routine with the kiddos back in school.  I am trying to exercise at least 5 times a week and going to Pilates once a week.  Since I work in front of a desk all day, I remind myself I need to get up and stretch and move around.

For post exercise, I like to take a shower and relax or sit down and drink some hot water and watch Youtube videos.

@SportyGirly125 do you add anything to the water or just some nice plain hot water? 

@bakeamuffin Just plain hot water or sometimes I will drink hot green tea.

@SportyGirly125 I like that, nothing warms you up like having something hot to sip on! 

Just joining this week! I went back to pilates and planning to go 3x a week.

My night skin routine are the ff:

Biossance Miracle Moisture Set Pore Minimizing Toner

Youth To The People Mini Mandelic Acid + Superfood Unity Exfoliant 1 oz / 30 mL 

Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Serum

Drunk Elephant TLC Glycolic Night Serum

Drunk Elephant Protini Resurface Serum

Drunk Elephant Ceramighty™ AF Eye Cream with Ceramides 0.5 oz / 15 mL 

Drunk Elephant Mini A-Gloei Retinol Oil 0.5 oz / 15 mL 

Tatcha Overnight Recovery Duo 

Algenist Sleeping Collagen Cream

Biossance Rose Oil

Fresh Sugar Lip Scrub

Fresh Lip Mask

@katienavroo Love that, Pilates is such a nice form of exercise!

Re: 2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Let’s set some beauty intentions!

Week 2 (1/11-1/17): Adding some movement to your day (and post-exercise relaxation!)

I love this self care challenge! incorporating intentional movement to my day has been integral for my mental and physical health. I run 5-6 days a week and incorporate fundamental strength training at home a couple times a week. I also make it a point to walk each day. 

Some of my favourite Sephora products to help me along the way include the Blume Hug Me Probiotic Deodorant 2.6 oz / 75 g which keeps my BO at bay during these sweaty workouts, as well as the Tower 28 Beauty SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray 4 oz/ 120 mL. My skin gets tomatoes-red when I workout and amazing spray helps to calm my skin right down, it’s the first step in my post-workout skincare routine after cleansing 😊

Post exercise relaxation usually involves sitting down with a coffee or water after washing up, and just having the time and clarity to unwind mentally. Sometimes I do a guided meditation but I also enjoy talking with friends, relaxing in a bubble filled tub, or just listening to music and playing on my phone ☺️ I don’t always have the time to unwind after a good workout but I’m always happy when I do! 

Today is an off day for me, I’ll be doing a 30 minute walk today so get movement in but more than anything I need some extra rest and my Blume Cloud 9 PMS Oil ☁️ 🤍 I get menstrual cramps that keep me up in tears at night and nothing is better than a walk on days like this. For any other girlies who get cramps, get yourself a heated blanket! It stays hot all night which relieves cramps a little bit where as my heating bags eventually lose heat and I have to get up to warm them back up. Stay well everyone, happy hump day 🐫 

@bakeamuffin  that’s such a great routine. I love adding walks to my day especially when the weather isn’t the best! What do you use the Blume Cloud 9 PMS Oil  for? I agree I use to love the Blume Hug Me Probiotic Deodorant 2.6 oz / 75 g  I think they must have changed it because I don’t remember it having probiotic in it. I also wish I was a runner. But that’s great you get to run so much!

@ather the Blume Cloud 9 PMS Oil is great for aromatherapy, it includes essential oils that are known to be calming and can even aid in the relief of pms and menstrual symptoms. I apply the oil directly to my abdomen where I get the most cramps as well as pulse points. 

It does look like they changed it! I still have the old packaging, I checked their site and it looks like they’ve been mixing up some things, fun! 

Honestly never thought I’d be a runner but after getting into I couldn’t go without it. It’s like therapy more than anything for me. No challenges or comparisons, just getting and jogging and letting my thoughts wonder.

Week 1 (1/4-1/10): Perfecting your nighttime skincare routine.  

i’m excited for my new skincare journey. 

my skin started going crazy and i use so many products that i’m not sure what is doing what. so i’ve decided to start over and slowly add onto my routine. i’m beginning with a very simple but hopefully effective nighttime skincare regimen.

step 1 : The Inkey list salicylic cleanser 

step 2 : Dermalogica micro exfoliant ( 3x a week) 

step 3 : Farmacy honey halo moisturizer

The INKEY List Salicylic Acid Cleanser 5 oz / 150 ml 

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Refillable Exfoliator 2.6 oz/ 74g 

Farmacy Honey Halo Ultra-Hydrating Ceramide Moisturizer 

@yaasminn I’ve used products from the same brands and I’ve been happy with them. I hope your skin care restart has been good so far!

Hi, all!  I don't know where I've been, but I just now found this thread.  Great way to start 2023, @TeamBIC !  

Week 1 (1/4-1/10): Perfecting your nighttime skincare routine.  

Farmacy Holiday Party Green Clean Trio :  On days I've worn makeup.

Good Molecules Rosewater Daily Cleansing Gel 

or (I rotate these two for no particular reason other than I received TIL shortly after starting the GM and didn't want to wait! 😄)

The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL :  Received free for attending a Sephora event.

Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel 8 oz/ 240 mL :  Warmer months; too drying in winter.

Caudalie Vinoperfect Brightening Glycolic Essence 5.0 oz/ 150 mL 

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 2 oz/ 60 mL 

Paula's Choice CLEAR Daily Skin Clearing Treatment with 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide 2.25 oz/ 67 mL 

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 

LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Pumpkin Spice :  The pumpkin is my favorite scent.

I love that cleansing balm too @Titian06 it is gentle and it works very well 😁 

You have a lovely routine, I switch out cleansers too 😄 some things are too strong to be used in the winter.

You’ve got a nice routine @Titian06! I see a few things that I currently use or have tried in the past.

Farmacy’s cleansing balm is so good, @Titian06. It is quite gentle. I am curious what percentage of the time you don’t wear makeup is…it is such a habit for me. 

@eshoe - My makeup wearing has drastically changed due to COVID! 😄  I went from wearing makeup six days a week to no days a week.  Now I'm steady at two days a week:  Mondays I go into the office and Saturdays I run errands.

That is a great schedule, @Titian06 - you probably go through a lot less product now, too 👍🏼

Hello All! My Name is Kandice Marie  and i have started my year right with my self care facials. i make sure to double cleanse and keep my skin flawless and hydrated through the winter months. #morphe #fentyskin #vitaminsea 

2 Replies
testing