cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Last Week! - Healthy scalp and hair tips

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Ready or not, 2023 is here, and the Beauty Insider Community is kicking the year off the best way we know how: with our annual Self-Care Check-In Challenge! Whether or not you’re a resolution-maker, there’s something kind of satisfying about the idea of a “fresh start” 🧼 and while we’re big supporters of maintaining boundaries and practicing self-care all year round, it doesn’t hurt to have a little extra motivation to set healthy (and/or relaxing) habits.

Think of this thread as the place to check in with your fellow Community members and share how you’re practicing different types of self-care – they can be inspired by our weekly inspo prompts, or based on your own unique self-care needs or beauty intentions. If one theme doesn’t speak to you – by all means, skip it! You can still stop by to cheer on your fellow Community members! 🤗

• Week 1 (1/4-1/10): Perfecting your nighttime skincare routine
  • Week 2 (1/11-1/17): Adding some movement to your day (and post-exercise relaxation!)
  • Week 3 (1/18-1/24): Spending extra time on body care (dry brushing, exfoliating treatments, bath time?)
  • Week 4 (1/25-1/31): Organizing your beauty collection (it can be therapeutic!) 
  • Week 5 (2/1-2/7): Relaxing with home scents and candles
  • Week 6 (2/8-2/14): Experimenting with a new-to-you wellness trend (supplements, rollers, CBD…) 
  • Week 7 (2/15-2/21): Getting a good night’s sleep
  • Week 8 (2/22-2/28): Trying a healthy scalp and haircare routine ◀

Hit the reply button below and let us know – how are you practicing self-care in 2023? Don’t forget to tag any products you’re using to achieve your goals, if applicable, by using the “#” sign!

Re: 2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Let’s set some beauty intentions!

@KandiClark Hi Kandice‌🙂‌ I am a big fan of a double cleanse, and defintley keeping skin hydrated in the winter! ‌❄️‌ These are the dry times we're in right now 🥶 lol

What products are you loving right now?💕

I can't wait to start the challenge! Let's glow up ladies ❤️

Yes @MajkaB 😁 let's set some skincare goals 💞🥰

For me it's all about consistency. My intentions for my night routine is to stick with it, even when life gets crazy.

What's your kind of night skin care routine? @MajkaB 

I took a pic last night but today was a crazy day. My longest standing item in this routine (and a years-long permanent staple morning and evening) is the Perricone Cold Plasma + serum. The newest item is probably the Marc Jacobs Youthquake and/or The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum  , (which until I JUST tagged it, never realized it was an oil control serum)!! 

Oh Well, I haven’t suffered any Ill effects so far, even though my skin does tend to be drier. 

Anyway, the Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm as a full size has also been a newish addition though I had a few minis previously and always loved it. The Fresh Soy cleanser is a Holy Grail for its gentle cleaning and ability to rinse clean and remove tough eye makeup if I don’t have the energy for a double cleanse. I LOVE a cleanser with a pump! 

I had been wanting to try the MISSHA Essence forever and it turned up at TJ Maxx. I have tried different essences, including SKII, and I like to have them in my routine, but don’t notice too much difference with the expensive  Royal Regenerating Serum is a bi-phase serum which I just really love the consistency and hydration this gives. 

I have been sort of alternating between the Korres Black Pine Serum and the Ordinary, or sometimes combine them. Sometimes I add Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Retinoid Night Oil or another retinol or sleeping mask, depending how my skin feels.

The MJ Youthquake is a really rich cream that feels hydrating and luxurious. And, I’ve been liking the Algenist Triple Algae Eye Renewal Balm Eye Cream deluxe mini. 

I am Trying to finish items before adding anything new to my routine, but I have tons of things in my stash that I want to try. I use to want and love trying new samples and deluxes, but realized how much trouble that was causing for my skin, so I can only switch out certain tried and true items, and only one new item at a time. Whew, that was long! 

B47E8E84-7CD3-43FA-BDCD-774AE6FB6AEB.jpeg

I’ve pretty much stopped using samples for the  same reason @sister13.

It took me so long to get to this realization, lol. I’m glad my skin is  not so sensitive that at least I usually can work something new in, I just have to do it one at a time. On the (very big) upside, my skin is generally pretty well behaved if I respect it, so I don’t need to look for a “get rich quick” solution. I honestly think a big part of my skin woes earlier was due to constantly switching up my products trying to find a magic bullet. @faeriegirl 

Great information, @sister13! I was running into the same problem with trying to use up my samples. It's easy to accidentally over exfoliate with too many samples at once.

It’s so tempting to want to try and enjoy new products but the resulting mayhem is not worth it, so, slow and steady it must be! @curlychiquita 

That Farmacy balm is wonderful and so gentle, @sister13! Thank you for sharing your routine, that Korres serum is so nice, too. 

Yes, so nice! Thanks @eshoe !

@sister13 Nice products and feedback. I too have so many things I need to try.

Thank you! I’ve gotten better at resisting some sales and things on skincare though sometimes I bend!  I have been giving more away, too, asking visitors to my house what kind of skin they have, lol. @Mellmars1185 

I learned the same lesson that my skin doesn’t love when I play with samples or switch up my routine too much at a time, I try to save my product experiments for hair care, makeup and fragrance instead now. It can be hard

with all the fun and exciting skincare samples and launches. 
You’ve curated a great routine here @sister13! I’m so with you on cleanser pumps, they make it so easy! 

Yes, agreed! It seems okay if I try one new product at a time, but more than that, ugh! @bakeamuffin 

Lovely routine @sister13 😀

Thank you! @CynthieLu 

For me perfecting my skincare routine has been a little bit as less is more! Some of my favourite products include 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Ultra Glow Serum: Glow + Strengthen Vitamin C Serum Rhode BRC Rhode Glaze Summer Fridays Light Aura Vitamin C + Peptide Eye Cream .5 oz/ 15 mL Peace Out Retinol Eye Stick 0.14 oz / 4 g The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL 

My face has never been clearer since I started using less product!!

Nice routine @ather ! I’ve had the peace out eye stick on my list for so long, I need to try it!

@faeriegirl  I’ve been using it for awhile now and still love it!! Hope you like it if you get to try it! 

Nice lineup! I’ll once that SC started making affordable skincare! I haven’t tried any Summer Fridays except deluxe of the Jet Lag, not any Peace Out. @ather 

@sister13  I really like the Summer Fridays lineup. I think I have used all their products so far and there’s none that I haven’t loved. I have used a bunch of different peace out products too!! All great!! 

testing