cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Last Week! - Healthy scalp and hair tips

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Ready or not, 2023 is here, and the Beauty Insider Community is kicking the year off the best way we know how: with our annual Self-Care Check-In Challenge! Whether or not you’re a resolution-maker, there’s something kind of satisfying about the idea of a “fresh start” 🧼 and while we’re big supporters of maintaining boundaries and practicing self-care all year round, it doesn’t hurt to have a little extra motivation to set healthy (and/or relaxing) habits.

Think of this thread as the place to check in with your fellow Community members and share how you’re practicing different types of self-care – they can be inspired by our weekly inspo prompts, or based on your own unique self-care needs or beauty intentions. If one theme doesn’t speak to you – by all means, skip it! You can still stop by to cheer on your fellow Community members! 🤗

• Week 1 (1/4-1/10): Perfecting your nighttime skincare routine
  • Week 2 (1/11-1/17): Adding some movement to your day (and post-exercise relaxation!)
  • Week 3 (1/18-1/24): Spending extra time on body care (dry brushing, exfoliating treatments, bath time?)
  • Week 4 (1/25-1/31): Organizing your beauty collection (it can be therapeutic!) 
  • Week 5 (2/1-2/7): Relaxing with home scents and candles
  • Week 6 (2/8-2/14): Experimenting with a new-to-you wellness trend (supplements, rollers, CBD…) 
  • Week 7 (2/15-2/21): Getting a good night’s sleep
  • Week 8 (2/22-2/28): Trying a healthy scalp and haircare routine ◀

Hit the reply button below and let us know – how are you practicing self-care in 2023? Don’t forget to tag any products you’re using to achieve your goals, if applicable, by using the “#” sign!

Re: 2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Let’s set some beauty intentions!

@ather Great products. I have the retinol stick but have not been consistent with it. I am curious to know your thoughts on it.

@Mellmars1185  I love it. It must be my third or forth one. For the eyes! I have the face retinol stick but haven’t tried it yet. I do love the stick formula for the eyes because it’s so easy to just swipe on. And I notice my wrinkles are less noticeable now than before. But when it’s gone I have the inkey list retinol to test out. I used the Glow Recipe Avocado Fine Line Eye Cream with Retinol 0.5 oz/ 15 mL  before the peace out one. And I like the peace out way better!! 

@ather Awesome to know. Thanks! I will try to be consistent with it as I was forgetting to use it

I really relate to you here @ather simple works best for my skin as well! It totally rejects too much skincare or too many changes! 
can you tell me more about the Rhode glaze, please? 👀

@bakeamuffin  The Rhode glaze is soooo good. I have noticed such a difference since I started using it. I like to add it on top of the BRC which is a thicker cream and I feel like the Glaze really locks on the moisture! 

Simple is great @ather a good routine at night, and waking up to nice looking skin in the morning is sooo rewarding 😄

@CynthieLu  I agree! I’ve actually been using a lot of sleeping masks and my skin seems to be loving it!! 

wishing a good 2023 to all!! Here is my perfected night time routine

1. I start with the Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser this is the best cleanser out there !!

2. Later I use a AHA/BHA toner from cosrx

3. And for serums I use The INKEY List Niacinamide Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL and The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Exfoliating Blemish Solution 1 oz / 30 mL 

4. And i finish off with the cosrx snail mucin essence and moisturizer 

Nice routine! It’s wonderful when you find the magic recipe! @N1C0L3pr 

Nice routine @N1C0L3pr! That cleanser is definitely the best!

I love a solid basic routine like this @N1C0L3pr, you can’t go wrong! Especially love that Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser!

@N1C0L3pr  Oh yes I love the Cosrx snail mucin!

@N1C0L3pr I love that cleanser!  I just repurchased a backup because mine in my shower is almost gone.

@N1C0L3pr I have heard great feedback about that cleanser. How long does that bottle last for you?

@Mellmars1185  I’m not great at tracking usage but I think the 8oz usually lasts around 4-6 months for me.

@faeriegirl Thank you ! I have added to my cart. Everyone seems to really like this one so far.

@Mellmars1185 I don't know about @N1C0L3pr but a bottle lasts me a LONG time because it really doesn't take much to get a mild lather and get the job done.

@CookieGirl1 Thanks for the info. If it lasts long then it is definitely worth a try. I have always tried the deluxe samples but i feel like i need to use it longer to see how my skin reacts.

@Mellmars1185 I know that @faeriegirl loves it too.  I've been through a few bottles of it and I feel like it does a really good job of truly cleansing my face; I can even use it by itself to remove makeup (although as a general rule I'd rather use my cleansing balm) and it will completely take it off without too much effort.  I wouldn't consider it to be necessarily hydrating (though I don't find it stripping, either) but that isn't really an important factor for me since I'm always using a moisturizer afterward regardless.

I’ve been curious about the Estée Lauder Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Multi-Recovery Complex Serum, can you share what you like about it? Your routine sounds so great @Nozz!

testing