Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Tell us your solo relaxation tips!

2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Welcome to 2022, Beauty Insider Community! At this point, the importance of “self-care” is talked about so often that it sometimes almost feels like a chore. Which totally defeats the purpose, right? Self-care is important, but it’s meant to be restorative and enjoyable. 🧖‍♀️ That’s why we’re reviving our Self-Care Check-in Challenge, this time with weekly inspiration for themed rituals and beauty resolutions to incorporate into your own self-care routines.

Check back weekly and let us know in the replies: How are you committing to the self-care theme of the week? Share your tips and tricks, or just get motivated by others (you can even check out @haleyvvvv's 2022 Beauty Resolutions/Goals  thread for more inspirational beauty resolutions to kick-start your new year)! And if a certain theme doesn’t speak to your personal self-care needs, skip it! But don’t forget to stop by to cheer on your fellow BIC-ers. 📣

• Week 1 (1/5 – 1/11) – Getting active (…and if contouring is your cardio, that’s cool too!) 🏅
  • Week 2 (1/12 – 1/18) – Taking care of your hair 💇‍
  • Week 3 (1/19 – 1/25) – Improving your sleep routine 😴
  • Week 4 (1/26 – 2/1) – Trying a new wellness trend (supplements, CBD, gua sha, oh my!) 🔮
  • Week 5 (2/2 – 2/8) – Staying organized and productive 📚
  • Week 6 (2/9 – 2/15) – Setting a skincare goal for 2022 😚
  • Week 7 (2/16 – 2/22) – Meditating and mindset 🧘🏼‍
  • Week 8 (2/23 – 3/1) – Relaxing solo (how do you like to unwind when you get a minute to yourself?) 💆🏻‍

Reply below to share how *you* self-care, and don’t forget to tag any products you’re using (if applicable!) using the “#” sign!

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Try a new wellness trend and tell us all about it!

I loooove my eucalyptus essential oil from Vitruvi, @Missnur   Vitruvi Organic Eucalyptus Essential Oil 

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Try a new wellness trend and tell us all about it!

I will have to try that one! 💚💚 I've been finding the EO smells relaxing. 

@Missnur I enjoy using EOs for a variety of things in a variety of ways. Diffusing and direct inhalation is my favorite, and I love using them for cleaning too. They can definitely be controversial though, they aren’t for everyone. Lavender, lemon, and peppermint is my work horse trio, I use those for almost everything haha. 

I just started to take Olly Stress Less. I get a lot of anxiety about everything and trying to use this to see if it helps. 

@Mellmars1185 I take the Olly stress tablets (the extra strength ones, not the gummies), and they work very well for my every day anxieties and worries. Sometimes I wake up and can just tell I might need them, pop a couple as I’m leaving for work, and by the time I get there I’m straight chillin. 

@alexasteph I actually bought them from your recommendation in the Thankful, Grateful, and Gracious 2022  thread. I couldn't find the extra strength ones on Amazon so I tried these. I will keep my eye out for those ones.

@Mellmars1185 Oh yes I remember we discussed that now. I first found them at Target, so that’s where I get them. 

Well hi everyone,  I'm definitely a newbie on here and trying to see how to do everything on here, definitely will be looking at suggestions on everything because right now I'm completely lost on here lol

Welcome to Community @sweetbutterfly1! You might really like this post Your Community Cheat Sheet 

Week 4: Trying a new Wellness Trend - I've always taken a multivitamin but I have recently added Super B Complex to help with my energy level and I definitely can tell a difference. I also have started using collagen peptides in my smoothies which has helped with my skin, hair and nails.

@AMK721 That is a great way to get extra nutrients in! I make a smoothie in the morning with a frozen bana, almond milk and spinach.i add vanilla protien powder, maca root and collegen. The collegan had made a noticeable difference since i recently started adding it!

@AMK721  I need to start using the collagen I have; thanks for the reminder!

I do take care of my health - healthy diet, sports, meditation, breathing techniques, etc. I also was prescribed to take a lot of vitamins, I hope it helps to boost immunity. I usually buy all the meds and vitamins from Canada Drugs Direct so highly recommend this online pharmacy.

OMG I’m new here and I realize that I was following this challenge 😍because I need to push my self to take care of me. Thanks Supergoop! Daily Dose Hydra-Ceramide Boost + SPF 40 Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL LANEIGE Meet Cute Set ─ Netflix To All The Boys I've Loved Before x LANEIGE OLEHENRIKSEN Mini 3 Little Wonders™ 

Supergoop has amazing sunscreen @Bermu 

Not a new trend, but looking to test out HUM Nutrition Skin Squad™ Pre + Probiotic Supplement for Acne-Prone Skin soon.  There's a theory, the gut-skin-brain axis, that connects our digestive health to our skin and mental health.  The more diverse your gut microbiome is, the better.

@danielledanielle   I hope it works for you!  I've had good results with the HUM company.

I started doing gua sha every night since Dec. 27 along with products from The Ordinary. My skin has never looked this good and my fine lines have started to diminish. 💙

Which gua sha do you recommend? I’ve been looking to purchase one 🙂

Like so many others, I too need to get back on to my gua sha routine! I started using one weekly a couple of months ago, then fell off of it for a few different reasons but I really was impressed with the results. 

Does this count as a self care/wellness trend? I love ASMR videos hahahaha. My fave are realistic eye exams it’s so weird hahaha. 

I have been getting back to using my SEPHORA COLLECTION Rose Quartz Facial Roller ! My face has been a bit puffy lately and I really feel like I can tell a bit of a difference when I use it regularly! I also bought an Ice Roller one which I think will be great for headaches and warmer weather! 

Also, during a recent FFF add on sale, I bought the Hegu Acupressure Rings. I'm always a bit skeptical of things like that, but whether it's a placebo or not, I actually do think the rings help alleviate tension headaches! 

1 Reply
testing