Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Tell us your solo relaxation tips!

2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Welcome to 2022, Beauty Insider Community! At this point, the importance of “self-care” is talked about so often that it sometimes almost feels like a chore. Which totally defeats the purpose, right? Self-care is important, but it’s meant to be restorative and enjoyable. 🧖‍♀️ That’s why we’re reviving our Self-Care Check-in Challenge, this time with weekly inspiration for themed rituals and beauty resolutions to incorporate into your own self-care routines.

Check back weekly and let us know in the replies: How are you committing to the self-care theme of the week? Share your tips and tricks, or just get motivated by others (you can even check out @haleyvvvv's 2022 Beauty Resolutions/Goals  thread for more inspirational beauty resolutions to kick-start your new year)! And if a certain theme doesn’t speak to your personal self-care needs, skip it! But don’t forget to stop by to cheer on your fellow BIC-ers. 📣

• Week 1 (1/5 – 1/11) – Getting active (…and if contouring is your cardio, that’s cool too!) 🏅
  • Week 2 (1/12 – 1/18) – Taking care of your hair 💇‍
  • Week 3 (1/19 – 1/25) – Improving your sleep routine 😴
  • Week 4 (1/26 – 2/1) – Trying a new wellness trend (supplements, CBD, gua sha, oh my!) 🔮
  • Week 5 (2/2 – 2/8) – Staying organized and productive 📚
  • Week 6 (2/9 – 2/15) – Setting a skincare goal for 2022 😚
  • Week 7 (2/16 – 2/22) – Meditating and mindset 🧘🏼‍
  • Week 8 (2/23 – 3/1) – Relaxing solo (how do you like to unwind when you get a minute to yourself?) 💆🏻‍

Reply below to share how *you* self-care, and don’t forget to tag any products you’re using (if applicable!) using the “#” sign!

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Share your tips for organization and productivity!

@Kim888  Great job!  I remember having the front of our house one January (mold and termite damage,) and I was so happy when the job was finished!

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Share your tips for organization and productivity!

Congrats on the closest revamp @Kim888 

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Try a new wellness trend and tell us all about it!

I um… finally remembered to wash my face last night. Put some laneige overnight mask on and woke up with about six new spots. Then chugged a pint of nuun in water after waking up. Feel pretty good rn ngl.

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Try a new wellness trend and tell us all about it!

5E797D37-B6D3-41CF-93E6-ABDB21379E06.jpeg

I drink water like it’s going out of style at times. I’m not wealthy- in fact, I find a lot of helpful diy masks from ordinary, everyday kitchen herbs and spices etc….

I am 40 years on this planet and have more zits than wrinkles! 😂🤷‍♀️

I avoided tanning beds in the nineties whereas my peers look like leathery suitcases… lmfao. I guess it’s the Irish in me. 🤷‍♀️

I don’t obsess over today’s high beauty standards; live and let live, yo.

Im 41 and have equal parts zits and wrinkles. Ah, middle age... how serene.

I dont think I've had plain water in 6 or 5 years but I did avoid the sun and tans my entire life.  Living in a fog bank helped but as we all know we can burn through the fog... 

Thank you for your candid post. Im new to Groups and it was refreshing.  

Taking CBD gummies daily has made a huge difference for me. I have IBS and it helps so much with abdominal pain.

@faeriegirl   I need to try those again.  They do help with so much pain and inflammation (actually helped with swelling due to inflammation.) 

@faeriegirl What kind of CBD gummies do you take?

@greeneyedgirl107  I get them online from JustCBDStore . Com . The peach rings are my favorite.

@faeriegirl Good to know.  I frequently have abdominal discomfort/pain from my gastroparesis.  Would be worth looking into.

@faeriegirl - I've not heard of these.  This is interesting to know as I have IBS too.

@TeamBIC this year kicked off with some major workplace headaches which become quite literal so I've been using my SEPHORA COLLECTION Metal Facial Cooling Globes to help out with the tension I can get in my temples and also my neck (they do a great job on the back of my neck. I know it's not advertised to use it like that but it does help). On a side note when I feel like I'm getting to the point of feeling like I'm going to hit the roof (I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about) I turn on YouTube videos of Gordan Ramsey yelling at people. I know it's weird but seeing him yell at people that deserve it brings me peace lol.

I am consciously putting effort to remember taking supplements at bedtime and having a nice relaxing at home spa session on weekends. 

A new-ish trend I am trying is, Skincare with CBD.  I did not get any benefits with Perricone MD CBD products but I bought Lord Jones High CBD Formula Body Lotion for my chest area and underboobs. They have been really itchy and my chest area is inflamed with redness. My regular Aveeno oil moisturizer was not doing it. With Lord Jones, I have noticed sugnificantly less itching.

I do not like these body changes I am undergoing as I never had to worry about moisturizing after a shower. 😔 Im glad its working but I dont know if I would re-purchase. 

I only drink wine once a week (and only a max of two glasses, if that).  BUT, I think if I give it up then my sleep cycle will be better on the weekend.  SO, I'm trying to be mindful of that.  Only one glass of wine tonight, so it's a start!

Not exactly a "new trend" but I'm a Christian and over the years I haven't always been as good about taking time for daily devotions as I should have been but for the last couple of months I've been setting aside at least 5-10 minutes every morning even if it's just reading a little bit from my Bible or an inspirational devotional book.  Later I try to look back and remember what I read about; it's making me focus more on my priorities and it's very calming/soul-soothing so it's really benefiting my spiritual and emotional health.

I don’t want to scare anyone but please consult your physician before starting any supplements because it may cause more harm to unknown condition that you may have. 

For me this year I am really starting to prioritize myself and my own boundaries. I started using a 6 minute journal this year as well. Which i think is really a newer trend. I find it helps me be a little more grateful and think of the positive in all situations. This year is a little different for me because since my husband is in the military and we could be looking at being posted this summer and that adds a whole new level of stress during the pandemic. This journal has really helped me be able to ground myself. I also started using a legend planner. Which helps me set goals and track habits and keep everything in my life organized. Literally the best planner i have ever used.

254C5FB2-9C9B-4CE9-98BD-31709C546EFE.jpeg

@ather that's a really good habit!

@CookieGirl1  Thanks. It seems to be helping me stay positive!!

@ather I love how you have a tropical picture on your laptop! Especially since I recall you have moose in your yard sometimes! 

testing