Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Tell us your solo relaxation tips!

2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Welcome to 2022, Beauty Insider Community! At this point, the importance of “self-care” is talked about so often that it sometimes almost feels like a chore. Which totally defeats the purpose, right? Self-care is important, but it’s meant to be restorative and enjoyable. 🧖‍♀️ That’s why we’re reviving our Self-Care Check-in Challenge, this time with weekly inspiration for themed rituals and beauty resolutions to incorporate into your own self-care routines.

Check back weekly and let us know in the replies: How are you committing to the self-care theme of the week? Share your tips and tricks, or just get motivated by others (you can even check out @haleyvvvv's 2022 Beauty Resolutions/Goals  thread for more inspirational beauty resolutions to kick-start your new year)! And if a certain theme doesn’t speak to your personal self-care needs, skip it! But don’t forget to stop by to cheer on your fellow BIC-ers. 📣

• Week 1 (1/5 – 1/11) – Getting active (…and if contouring is your cardio, that’s cool too!) 🏅
  • Week 2 (1/12 – 1/18) – Taking care of your hair 💇‍
  • Week 3 (1/19 – 1/25) – Improving your sleep routine 😴
  • Week 4 (1/26 – 2/1) – Trying a new wellness trend (supplements, CBD, gua sha, oh my!) 🔮
  • Week 5 (2/2 – 2/8) – Staying organized and productive 📚
  • Week 6 (2/9 – 2/15) – Setting a skincare goal for 2022 😚
  • Week 7 (2/16 – 2/22) – Meditating and mindset 🧘🏼‍
  • Week 8 (2/23 – 3/1) – Relaxing solo (how do you like to unwind when you get a minute to yourself?) 💆🏻‍

Reply below to share how *you* self-care, and don’t forget to tag any products you’re using (if applicable!) using the “#” sign!

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Try a new wellness trend and tell us all about it!

I love my roller too @Kim888 and I need to remember to use it more than I do. I keep mine in the fridge and I love how cold it is when I use it ❄️

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Try a new wellness trend and tell us all about it!

@Kim888  I need to check out those acupressure rings, I get headaches from time to time and hate taking medicine.

@AMK721 I have found for a mild headache they definitely do the job. For migraines, I usually still have to take something, but they bring it down to manageable 

@Kim888  thanks! Good to know. 😊

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Share how you're committing to a better sleep routine!

After my skin care routine, I like to wear my SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Eye Mask Pomegranate while I watch a little tv before bed. Then I use my SEPHORA COLLECTION Mini Blue Aventurine De-Puffing Facial Roller that I keep in my fridge, on my eyelids, under my brows, and my under eyes  to push the rest of the pomegranate product into my skin. It also gives me that soothing cooling effect on my eyes before bed, which to me is extremely relaxing. 😊🥰

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Share how you're committing to a better sleep routine!

@JulieAbud7 agree - rollers are so cooling and relaxing!

This "self care" challenge as a mom of a newborn will really be a challenge lol. Catching up on the previous weeks!

Week 1: Getting Active

My toddler keeps me running around in general, but I'm making it a point to get us outdoors as much as possible. It's been hit or miss with the cold weather, but when we do get out we all enjoy it!

Week 2: Taking Care of Your Hair

I've been loving the SEPHORA COLLECTION Apple Cider Vinegar Cleansing Scalp Scrub 6.76 oz/ 200 mL that I received in gratis, and have been incorporating it into my routine once a week. It helps keep build up at bay! 

Week 3: Improving Your Sleep Routine

I wish there was something I could do to improve this, but baby has to eat when they're hungry so...skipping this for now lol. 

Week 4: Trying a New Wellness Trend

I have been loving cryofacials! The aromatherapy component to it is really nice too. 

@Mcakes as a fellow mother who also remembers those early days of sleep deprivation, I applaud you for picking and choosing what works for you right now. Good job, mama! You know what you can manage and what you can't and I am here for it ❤️

Thank you @CarolBT 💖 It's been a process learning how to prioritize and say no to things!

@Mcakes  I'm curious about the hair scrub, does it lather like a shampoo?

@AMK721 When you work the product through your hair under running water it does lather!

@Mcakes  thank you! Good to know.

I noticed that the first application does not lather @AMK721 @but the second application does lather. I feel like I am using two different hair products when I use SEPHORA COLLECTION Apple Cider Vinegar Cleansing Scalp Scrub 6.76 oz/ 200 mL .

@Mcakescryofacials do seem so cool! have you done a professional one, or are you using one like the Charlotte Tilbury at home one?

@Kim888 I do professional cryo facials! I haven't tried the Charlotte Tilbury one, but I am intrigued by it. 

@TeamBIC I need to start using my Mount Lai Gua Sha Facial Lifting Tool and Mount Lai Mini De-Puffing Jade Facial Roller Mini again.  I did find that it helped with depuffing and penentrating my skincare products  better.  I think I will alternate using my NuFace and Gua Sha tool.

@TeamBIC Week 3: Improving my sleep routine

This one is a tough one for me because I've become a full-on night owl over the years, but I aim for 7-8hrs of sleep on per day on average. My favourite way to wind down is to finish my skincare routine with Shiseido WASO: Hydrating Gel Beauty Sleeping Mask 2.8 oz/ 80 mL. It's got a welcoming citrus scent that puts me into relaxation mode. I actually got the idea of prepping for bed with a sleeping mask from LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask with Squalane 2.3 oz/ 70 mL because when I first bought it years ago, it came complete with a little booklet depicting facial massages you could do while applying the sleeping mask and I've incorporated them into my nightly rituals ever since!

This is one area of my life that I really need help. I would love to be able to get a full nights sleep. I try to keep a routine (medicine, brush teeth, wash face, etc.) but I never seem to feel tired enough to go to bed. I turn off my electronics as well. I know a big part of it is because of menopause and I just made an appointment to see my doctor. Don't underestimate a good nights sleep.

For me , currently I am trying to get to bed early and put my phone aside that I can get sleep. I also have my skin care night routine before going to bed. 
Estée Lauder Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Multi-Recovery Complex Serum 

#estèe lauder micro essence Skin Activating Treatment Lotion

La Mer Crème de La Mer Duet 

La Mer The Eye Concentrate Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask Original 

LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C 

Week 3 (1/19 – 1/25) – Improving your sleep routine 😴

In order to get a better sleep routine I want to make better choices throughout the day. Admittedly, I'm a coffee lover-I just love the taste. Can't imagine a morning without downing 1-2 cups and then drinking more throughout the day and even another cup or two at night 👀. It's a terrible habit and it's to the point where I barely have any caffeine effects from coffee that doesn't have espresso in it. I want to commit to not drinking any coffee past 8pm. I'm usually a night owl and this is coupled with terrible insomnia, so I really don't need any extra kick (even if the caffeine only has little effects). There's times realistically where at 7pm I'm going to need a bit of a pick me up to get through some errands/chores and I don't want to crash, which brings me to my next point...

I really want to stop napping throughout the later afternoon/day. I have this terrible habit of napping for 1-3 hours whenever I'm very tired. Sometimes I go down for a nap at 7pm and wake up refreshed at 10-11pm and then end up staying up until 3-4am only to get an hour or two of sleep before a full day of work... and the cycle continues. It's truly awful... so I want to commit to forcing myself to not take sporadic naps during the day and go to bed at an earlier time. If I'm tired at 7pm, grab a coffee, do some chores (keep moving) and get ready for a bubble bath/sleep routine so I can be in bed by 10-11pm, midnight at the absolute latest.

The last thing I want to commit to is taking more baths, they really help me relax before bed. This especially is true when I use oils and epsom salts within my bath. Not only this, it helps my back muscles relax as well which is super helpful to avoid tossing and turning throughout the night. I want to afford myself a nice 45-60 minutes during the night to do my skin care routine, take a relaxing bubble bath and get in some comfy pajamas. Ideally I'd leave myself an hour to get to put on a show to enjoy before bed. 🙂 (TV always puts me to sleep, oddly enough.)

I have delayed melatonin onset so I try to take melatonin an hour and a half before I plan to sleep.  It gives me enough time to do some yoga and stretches and prep my skin for bed.  
I use lavender pillow spray (ren and wander flower  make my favorites to date) 

If I still can’t sleep I’ll turn on some asmr videos and they’ll help me drift off.  

1 Reply
testing