Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Tell us your solo relaxation tips!

2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Welcome to 2022, Beauty Insider Community! At this point, the importance of “self-care” is talked about so often that it sometimes almost feels like a chore. Which totally defeats the purpose, right? Self-care is important, but it’s meant to be restorative and enjoyable. 🧖‍♀️ That’s why we’re reviving our Self-Care Check-in Challenge, this time with weekly inspiration for themed rituals and beauty resolutions to incorporate into your own self-care routines.

Check back weekly and let us know in the replies: How are you committing to the self-care theme of the week? Share your tips and tricks, or just get motivated by others (you can even check out @haleyvvvv's 2022 Beauty Resolutions/Goals  thread for more inspirational beauty resolutions to kick-start your new year)! And if a certain theme doesn’t speak to your personal self-care needs, skip it! But don’t forget to stop by to cheer on your fellow BIC-ers. 📣

• Week 1 (1/5 – 1/11) – Getting active (…and if contouring is your cardio, that’s cool too!) 🏅
  • Week 2 (1/12 – 1/18) – Taking care of your hair 💇‍
  • Week 3 (1/19 – 1/25) – Improving your sleep routine 😴
  • Week 4 (1/26 – 2/1) – Trying a new wellness trend (supplements, CBD, gua sha, oh my!) 🔮
  • Week 5 (2/2 – 2/8) – Staying organized and productive 📚
  • Week 6 (2/9 – 2/15) – Setting a skincare goal for 2022 😚
  • Week 7 (2/16 – 2/22) – Meditating and mindset 🧘🏼‍
  • Week 8 (2/23 – 3/1) – Relaxing solo (how do you like to unwind when you get a minute to yourself?) 💆🏻‍

Reply below to share how *you* self-care, and don’t forget to tag any products you’re using (if applicable!) using the “#” sign!

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Share how you're committing to a better sleep routine!

@eshoe Thanks for sharing your hair secrets! I have one of these products. Good to know that the 3 work well together. I think I may have q deluxe sample of the Kerastase.

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Share how you're committing to a better sleep routine!

Trial and error seems to be the way, @Mellmars1185. That and good recommendations from BIC😉

@eshoe  Sounds like a dream hair routine! I need to try the Kerastase!!!! 

@ather I used Alterna prior to the Kérastase, and find the later to be more smoothing. My hair seems to reject whatever I am using after a couple of years, and I have to switch things up again. Hopefully this little trifecta stays around awhile, my hair is happy with it!

@eshoe  My hair and hair type sounds exactly like yours. I rotate between 3 different brands at all times! 

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Share how you're committing to hair care this season!

My hair tends to be dry but it’s actually getting a lot better. I’ve been using a few different products and really want to try the Rio de Janeiro hair oil. I stepped into Sephora earlier today but unfortunately it was sold out. I have been using the K18 treatment which I don’t think works the best for me. I want to get a hair cut soon and possibly bangs!

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Share how you're committing to hair care this season!

Today I am going to call my salon for a cut! I need a bi of a change and want to maintain the health of my hair. Thinking of getting some long curtain bangs. Hope that frames my face shape well!

@Mellmars1185 That reminds me, I should probably schedule an appointment for when I'm in Chicago for a trim. 🙂

I have very fine and thin hair that is also bleached. I use Olaplex No.4P Blonde Enhancer™ Toning Purple Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL and Olaplex No. 5 Bond Maintenance™ Conditioner Mini 3.3 oz/ 100 mL. I also use Olaplex No. 8 Bond Intense Moisture Mask 3.3 oz/ 100 mL. I take a daily multivitamin and Biotin and Collagen. My hair is soft and manageable and is starting to look fuller and thicker.

Week 2: my scary hair loss journey…

im a 34 yo mom to a 4 yo and now a year has passed since my rapid hair loss started last January. I never tested positive for Covid until recently two weeks ago. (Omicron I’m assuming was awful but grateful it did not go into my lungs) i mention Covid as hair loss is being seen has a long term side effect after Covid. I stopped coloring my hair. I stopped using heat. I’ve spent hours on research and hundreds on different products. The most important thing that I’m trying my best to be consistent with his nutrition and VITAMINS. I started nutrafol vitamins which have an array of different supplements to target hair loss along with your daily multi. The biggest thing is the amount for me and wanting to make sure i eat with that many pills so i often skip. I can say when I’m consistent I see a huge change in my hair texture and shine. After almost finishing my my    I started feeling peach fuzz where i felt bald skin of my scalp. I have used minoxidil religiously for months so it seems the vegamour worked even better. I did not see a decrease in shedding but it does what it says when it says your hair will grow. Nioxin is great for scalp health and when i use it i do see a decrease in shedding. I asked my pcp countless times for lab tests that would be so helpful to rule out issues like hormones and nutritional deficiencies and I’m still fighting that. After a year and losing 50 percent of my hair I’m still waiting to see an endocrinologist and get those labs… pretty sad… i will end up having to order my own blood work and pay a ridiculous amount if it isn’t ordered this month. It’s crucial we make sure we our are best advocates!! I’m

@Glamsformation  I'm truly sorry for your troubles.  Out of everyone in my family, who had covid last summer, only one of us tested positive.  I too have had a year and a half of horrible hair loss and figured that was at least part of it.  I hope that it's temporary for you.  An endocrinologist is good, but if a rheumatologist is easier for you to access they usually test a lot of the same things (and more.)  Best wishes for you.

@Glamsformation that's insane that you can't get a blood test. My primary care provider orders one for me every physical, so two times a year. Mainly because my thyroid was bouncing around. Then I got some iron definiciency anemia and needed to switch to a multivitamin with iron. I hope you can get your tests!! 

@Glamsformation I am so sorry this happened to you, I can't even imagine the anguish you are feeling trying to get ahold of some answers. Sending you all the luck with your vitamin journey and some reliable answers from doctors. ❤️ And of course, a great re-growth journey.

@Glamsformation  I am so sorry to hear this happened to you. I really hope you are able to regrow. 

I’ve always been pretty low maintenance when it comes to my hair. It’s not overly textured, has normal body/density, and because I don’t do anything to it it’s stayed healthy and I don’t get a tone of breakage. In the past I’ve enjoyed having highlights and colorings done, and I’ve been known to grow it really really long then chop it off to a short bob more than once. But because I haven’t really needed to do much to take care of my hair… I don’t really know how to haha. I have no real need for masks, treatments, etc. Heck I only wash it 2-3 times a week. 

Any hair self care tips for boring hair girls like me? Haha. 

@alexasteph  Omg jealous!! I’m like you. I’m known to grow my hair long and cut it to a bob. Today I was thinking about cutting short again after growing out for a year.  As for tips I don’t know. You sound like you have a solid routine. I don’t know what you can do to change it up!! 

Ha 🤗 I've been recommended pure Coconut oil is good but that was not by a hairstylist so don't know which products to try either

SKINCARE SKINCARE SKINCARE!! I’ve been a skincare junkie since I was almost 20 & I turned 35 back in October 2021..I’m told that my skin (and myself) could pass for 24-26 years old! That’s 10 years younger JUST by taking good care of my skin!! PLUS, I also drink about 2+ gallons of water a day, which as you know, is veryyyy beneficial to your skin BUT ALSO your entire body! So drink that water & never slack on your skincare! Most definitely, TRY not to ever sleep in your makeup. I personally know how hard this can be, whether it’s after a long 8-5 work shift, taking care of a 9 year old as a single Mama, or also when I do have a weekend off & get a chance to go out with friends…it can be easy to say “ehhh, just 1 night won’t hurt”…BUT those “one nights” add up eventually & you sleep with all that gunk on your face (which also transfers to your pillow). Trust me when I say, the 5 mins just to even wash your wash & moisturize after, will make you feel so much better at bed & in the morning..you’ll never regret washing your makeup off, that’s the 100% truth 😉

@SarahBear86  I agree. I had it engraved into me at a young age to take care of my skin and I definitely think it makes a huge difference 

Well, ive been searching for a good shampoo that isnt too expensive (these Briogeo prices are ridiculous), and so some time ago i saw those new shampoos at a few stores (walmart and farmacy), the brand's name is Attitude.

This brand is more on the natural side, and its not what attracted me to it, its the bottle itself lol, the products look nice.

I finally bought it recently and tried it today and for the first time i like it, it made my hair soft and easy to manage so far.

I hope this will last, and i also need to remember to not use it too often because it has protein in it.

If things change quick ill update you on it.

Note: i might try the Volume and Sensitive one later too

@Emy10 I haven't heard of the brand but now I'm curious!

testing