Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour – Share your must-haves for a chilly vacay! (Week 8)

Anna2BT_0-1656692224976.png

Summer is finally here, Beauty Insider Community! To celebrate one of the most fun times of the year (aka Hot BIC Summer 😉) we’re bringing in an exciting new summer challenge in the form of the first official virtual BIC World Tour! ✈ We know not everyone is able to travel at this time, so let’s go together virtually 💕

Each week we’ll have a new vacation-themed prompt where you’ll get to share your fantasy favorites as we travel to different climates and places across the world! 🌎

Check in time: Each Friday launches a new travel destination and prompt, so check back to this post weekly for more vacay fun:

• (Week 1: 7/1 - 7/7) Your ultimate summer vacay: Close your eyes and picture your dream vacay … now answer this question: if you could only bring 5 beauty products along with you on this trip, what would they be?

• (Week 2: 7/8 - 7/14) Hot BIC Summer: Battling against heat and humidity is no easy task! Talk about your most powerful tools, products, or tips that help you fight against the sun.

• (Week 3: 7/15 - 7/21) Seamless day to night: Sometimes it’s all about versatility. Share with us your favorite products, looks, or hacks to easily go from day to night.

• (Week 4: 7/22 - 7/28) Tropical & beachy: Sun, sand, water, and vibes~ what are you taking with you for a day out on the sand? Bonus points if you want to add a fun beach-inspired look. 😉

• (Week 5: 7/29 - 8/4) G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S night on the town: Show off your glam looks and the products you’ll use to transform yourself for a night out!

• (Week 6: 8/5 - 8/11) BIC outdoor essentials: Camping, hiking, and all-things outdoors! 🌲 What are your essentials you need with you to take on the terrain?

• (Week 7: 8/12 - 8/18) Home is where the scent is: Sometimes we can all use a little piece of what we call home. 🏡💕 What fragrance item (perfume, candle, diffuser, etc.) would you bring that always reminds you of home sweet home?

• (Week 8: 8/19 - 8/26) Cold weather hydration must-haves: Snow, icy winds, and cold temps – it’s not hot everywhere this time of year! Some of those most breathtaking sights take place in the cold! What are you bringing to keep your skin hydrated and feeling healthy?

Reply below to share your looks, products, thoughts, and tips on the vacay prompts for our BIC World Tour! ✈  Remember to tag any products you would be using (if applicable!) with the “#” sign. We look forward to all the fun we’ll have together for the weeks to come!

Re: Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour!

@Skunk12puzzola I'm in! I just Googled that place and I'm pretty sure that's heaven. 

@Samtian google lake Garda 💗

@Skunk12puzzola Wow that is beautiful. 

@Samtian my city is a small one but it's full of history, art and museums. We are surrounded by lakes 😊

@Skunk12puzzola It sounds like heaven honestly. 

@Samtian it's a very old vibe type of town, with way too many tourists. I would prefer to live in a bigger city, with more shops and fun activities (like the ones in the US....New York for example). We are never happy with what we have haha

@Skunk12puzzola That is true! I couldn't live in a city like that. 

@Skunk12puzzola That would be fun! 

My dream summer trip would definitely be to either Greece or Italy - such beautiful coasts there! 

i would definitely bring low key products for a natural look Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush Cheeky Kaja Cat Nap Under Eye Brightener Peach-Tone Brightener Gucci Sheer Lipstick Benefit Cosmetics Mini 24-HR Brow Setter Clear Brow Gel with Lamination Effect 0.11 fl oz/ 3.5 mL 

Great products @Kim888! 👍

@Anna2BT (Week 1: 7/1 - 7/7) Your ultimate summer vacay: ok, this is not only a summer vacay for me, but an all year round one: keyword COLD. I hate summer, I hate hot weather, I'm all about cold and getting cozy under a blanket with a hot cup of tea (the only thing hot that I want around me is tea!!). So, for me, my top places would be: Norway, Fær Øer islands, Mont Saint Michel (I know, you can't go there as a tourist, but this is a dream, right?)....Ireland and UK in general. I like the idea of a small town vibe, where that place is so small, that everyone knows each other. I just need cold, otherwise my skunk's fur will get damaged with the heat 😂 Or maybe, if I want to do a culture/art trip, I would love to visit New York or a major world capital so I can learn something!! If I feel adventurous (I'm not), maybe Egypt....it's very hot in there, but I'm obsessed with the history of that place since elementary school.

Things that I will bring with me:

1 - soap. It's not a beauty item, but it's necessary being a smelly 🦨😂. I use marseille soap all year round, anywhere. Even on my hair sometimes!!

2 - I'm a very low maintenance person, so I just need to wash myself and bring a nice cream with me. I like these ones from l'occitane, especially the almond one L'Occitane Nourishing and Protective Shea Butter Hand Cream 

3 - I don't wear makeup, but I need some sort of lip product/balm on my lips. For a pop of color, these ones are my go to Dior Dior Addict Lip Glow 12 Rosewood LANEIGE Lip Glowy Balm Berry 

4 - as for lip balms, I have many that I like Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Kiss Cupuaçu Lip Butter 0.21 oz/ 6.2g Too Faced Hangover Pillow Balm Ultra-Hydrating Lip Balm Original also carmex is a nice one!!

5 - aquaphor ointment where needed (sometimes I have dry patches on my cheeks) or around my mouth. I also use it on my hands sometimes.

@Skunk12puzzola  Mont-Saint-Michel in Normandy? You can visit that island and the abbey as a tourist, unless they've banned tourism due to the ongoing pandemic. You can even stay in a hotel on the island, though it may be more convenient to stay on the mainland instead. I've been elsewhere in France but not Normandy; that, Egypt, and Norway are also on my travel list. 

I'd say Chicago's an ideal place for cold weather (in winter; don't come here during summer if you hate heat) and culture/art/food, but it's definitely not a small town. On the other hand, Chicago's full of distinct neighborhoods, and each one is kinda like a small town within the big city. Some tourists stick to Michigan Ave and Navy Pier, so they miss out on 95% of Chicago. Heck, I've lived here over 20 years and still haven't visited every city neighborhood. 😄 

@WinglessOne thank you for the tips!! I am assuming that Mont Saint Michel has tourist restrictions (even before the pandemic) but I'm not sure.....I think they don't accept many people there 🤷‍♀️

Wow! Those are beautiful dream destinations @Skunk12puzzola! I love cold weather as well (if I had to choose to live in an always hot place or an always cold one, I would go clearly with the cold; the heat brings my blood pressure to almost fainting and I feel so weak and you can beat cold easier than heat, just by adding more layers of clothes)

@Saradestin 100% agreed on this ❄

@Skunk12puzzola You should come see me in the winter. I'll take you to the Tetons and Yellowstone. You'd love it.

@Samtian Yellowstone has been on my wish list since I was a child. I will visit one day for sure. But let’s wait until they recover from the devastating flood 😓 Heartbreaking 

@Saradestin Come on over next year! Just not during tourist season lol. 

Don’t tell me twice @Samtian ! You will find me at your doorstep! 😂

@Saradestin Good! I love showing people around!

@Samtian I just googled these places, wow!! I definitely love mountains 🏔💕....you live in Idaho, right? It must be so nice there, so cold 😍 or maybe, you are over it haha? because I know that when people always have cold/rainy/snowy weather....they will start to crave sun and hot places....

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos106
  • Anna2BT_0-1656692224976.png
  • a-girl-who-takes-a-vacation-at-the-beach-on-a-bright-day-vector.jpeg
  • EF9BA073-E591-427C-ACEC-30E94A3BC3B8.jpeg
  • 8A0D1596-B0D7-4A02-B7FC-092CA084481F.jpeg
  • E00A4EE8-BBD8-4C71-955D-70517E04A95F.jpeg
  • B30C4BB5-504A-4B59-853B-43C6D39EE292.jpeg
  • EC927CDB-92EB-45D8-8605-68515B7B7B95.jpeg
  • 1A716B69-E025-414D-87A3-C2452652FB5C.jpeg
  • 09A7FA63-A44F-4E9A-8CD2-66CB8C84E68D.jpeg