Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour – Share your must-haves for a chilly vacay! (Week 8)

Anna2BT_0-1656692224976.png

Summer is finally here, Beauty Insider Community! To celebrate one of the most fun times of the year (aka Hot BIC Summer 😉) we’re bringing in an exciting new summer challenge in the form of the first official virtual BIC World Tour! ✈ We know not everyone is able to travel at this time, so let’s go together virtually 💕

Each week we’ll have a new vacation-themed prompt where you’ll get to share your fantasy favorites as we travel to different climates and places across the world! 🌎

Check in time: Each Friday launches a new travel destination and prompt, so check back to this post weekly for more vacay fun:

• (Week 1: 7/1 - 7/7) Your ultimate summer vacay: Close your eyes and picture your dream vacay … now answer this question: if you could only bring 5 beauty products along with you on this trip, what would they be?

• (Week 2: 7/8 - 7/14) Hot BIC Summer: Battling against heat and humidity is no easy task! Talk about your most powerful tools, products, or tips that help you fight against the sun.

• (Week 3: 7/15 - 7/21) Seamless day to night: Sometimes it’s all about versatility. Share with us your favorite products, looks, or hacks to easily go from day to night.

• (Week 4: 7/22 - 7/28) Tropical & beachy: Sun, sand, water, and vibes~ what are you taking with you for a day out on the sand? Bonus points if you want to add a fun beach-inspired look. 😉

• (Week 5: 7/29 - 8/4) G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S night on the town: Show off your glam looks and the products you’ll use to transform yourself for a night out!

• (Week 6: 8/5 - 8/11) BIC outdoor essentials: Camping, hiking, and all-things outdoors! 🌲 What are your essentials you need with you to take on the terrain?

• (Week 7: 8/12 - 8/18) Home is where the scent is: Sometimes we can all use a little piece of what we call home. 🏡💕 What fragrance item (perfume, candle, diffuser, etc.) would you bring that always reminds you of home sweet home?

• (Week 8: 8/19 - 8/26) Cold weather hydration must-haves: Snow, icy winds, and cold temps – it’s not hot everywhere this time of year! Some of those most breathtaking sights take place in the cold! What are you bringing to keep your skin hydrated and feeling healthy?

Reply below to share your looks, products, thoughts, and tips on the vacay prompts for our BIC World Tour! ✈  Remember to tag any products you would be using (if applicable!) with the “#” sign. We look forward to all the fun we’ll have together for the weeks to come!

Re: Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour – Talk about your favorite products, tips, and essentials for the great outdoors! (Week 6)

@Saradestin  Important question! 🙂 Do you happen to know of a good insect repellent that's not too stinky? 

Re: Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour – Talk about your favorite products, tips, and essentials for the great outdoors! (Week 6)

@PrettyPaint @Saradestin 

Okay, have you tried the ones that clip to you? They have a little battery pack (you can't get them wet 😅 fyi... lessons learned) they smell a little but it's so much nicer than putting insect repellent on your self or your clothes)

Note** I spray my shoes thou,  I live in tick country and I think it's helpfull**

@CynthieLu  Oh my goodness, I have never heard of that! I am totally looking it up now, though. Mosquitos in particular never leave me alone. 

Thank you for sharing @CynthieLu ! I didn’t know that! So cool! 😃😃 I have to buy it!

No @PrettyPaint 😕, sadly all the ones that I have tried are very stinky and can repel both insects and humans 😅 

@Saradestin  haha thanks! That makes sense. The bugs love me. 

That happens to me as well @PrettyPaint . If I am present, no one needs repellent because all bugs will come to me exclusively so everyone is safe (but me) 😅

214D9FF0-989C-415C-BA13-0B369D04E055.jpeg

Do you like teetering on the edge? 
Try the Hottest Seesaw around (literally on fire) 
Bust out your inner child, Evel Knievel style!!!! 

(pic should have been at the end of the post…sorry)

I personally prefer not to wear makeup when I’am outside no matter the activity. I believe the best thing about being in the great outdoors is that nature doesn’t care if your makeup looks perfect, if you smell like roses, or if your dressed to impress. It’s time to leave your makeup bag behind and let nature give you a makeover (ie: it does an amazing job). I don’t require a giant purse, backpack, or suitcase filled with all the luxury items I use at home. For me, as long as I have protection from the elements and basic necessities I’m good to go. Whenever I’m going outside for a prolonged period I never wear perfume or any other sweet smelling scents as they seem to attract the mosquitoes and black flys(especially around dusk) but I do wear Degree deodorant ( or as I like to call it “redneck perfume”) in the Vanilla and Jasmine (amazing scent) which is strong enough that those around you can smell it, and it provides great protection (72hr). I definitely make sure to pack plenty of bug spray and bug spray wipes for face and other small areas. For me, Off Deep Woods is my go to for both (their wipes come in resealable packages as well as singles). I also pack sunscreen (lots) in different varieties and brands. For my kids I tend to use Blue Lizard because its made for sensitive skin and its available in stick form for easier face and ear application. I also use Banana Boat kids sport spray with power stay technology in spf 50 for the really sweaty times or if we are planning to be in the water for awhile. My go to for adults is Banana Boat with spf 50 its water and sweat resistant and it doesn’t seem to wear off as quick as other brands have. I do apply a daily face (Olay spf 15) and a lip (Cay Skin Isle Lip Balm spf 30) moisturizer every morning so the most exposed parts of my skin are protected at the start the day. Normally when we camp its in a remote area with no luxury accommodations at all.  Our stove is a grate over the fire with a table made from a log sitting flat side down, the washroom is a bucket of water a bar of soap and a washcloth, and a tide pen (laundry). The toilet is usually located at the back of the nearest tree, light is provided by the sun,moon and fire (if you can start one), and the entertainment varies by location and campers.

@bRiTtKnEe88, sunscreen and bug spray are definite must haves!

That’s such a cool picture @bRiTtKnEe88 ! And I agree with you, for the great outdoors makeup stays at home. I would only consider, if any, to bring mascara, but that’s it 😁

💚💚Lots of hydrating , staying clear of direct sun, and minimal fragrances that could attract bugs. 

Yes @Bloveme ! That’s it! Simple and effective!

Great advice @Bloveme😁

I just love hiking! Everything outdoors is such a blast; the smell of trees, jumping in the lakes, picking flowers… Since the most sun exposure you can get is outdoors, I like to use the Supergoop! Play! Mineral SPF Stick .67 oz / 18.9 g for easy sunscreen application! Hydrating my skin is just as important as hydrating my body with water, and I love the Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer . It’s super important to look and feel confident in the dangerous outdoors, and what better way to do that than with a hydrating, glossy lip balm like the LANEIGE Lip Glowy Balm Berry  ! So excited for this camping trip! XOXO, Sarah 

Awesome products @SarahLovesTay! Any camping trip with them will be successful 😊

@SarahLovesTay, these are great choices! Love the Laneige lip balms!

@Anna2BT hiking is so fun and I love exploring nature 😍 

My basic essentials are my

-Water Bottle, Hat, Sunglasses, Sunscreen ( like Supergoop! Play! Mineral SPF Stick .67 oz / 18.9 g for my face and a good spf 50 drugstore brand for my body)

-Light (moisture wicking) Clothing and light comfortable breathable shoes. A good elastic or hair clip to keep my hair off my neck ( I like the Kitsch 8 Pack Spiral Hair Ties) 

*I love sandals that double as lake shoes for different terrain and waking along shorelines* 

Snacks! Especially fruits, seeds and nuts.  High energy trail mixes with lots of protein to keep my energy levels up 😄 I get hungry I get cranky lol

Those are great products @CynthieLu ! You have thought about everything! I haven’t gone hiking for so long that I would forget half of what I need 😅. I really loved and miss my hiking trips to Yosemite and the Smoky Mountains. I need to repeat! 

@CynthieLu, I'd forgotten Supergoop! made an all mineral sunscreen stick. I like that it's water resistant for up to 80 minutes!

Essentials for camping hiking…. Let’s see….

A super hydrating and bright balm with spf, sunscreen, a good dry shampoo, waterproof mascara, makeup wipes, and glittery outfits and animal ears for friend making adventures!  And chemical cold packs.  And lots of water!!!  Cause survival.  
inflatable furniture, movie theatre, DJ equipment, and twinkies for making friends and a BIC twinkie carrying tote;) 

3CD020D6-C3FC-4E19-845A-ACF26E517154.jpeg

CB471DD1-A09C-4CE1-9A53-E48AE3D982D7.jpeg

333652FD-C4BE-4253-B376-7832463E4212.jpeg

Hourglass Phantom Volumizing Glossy Lip Balm Entice  LANEIGE Hydro UV Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ 1.6 oz/ 50 mL MILK MAKEUP Mini KUSH Waterproof Mascara Aces 
amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo MAKEUP BY MARIO Gentle Makeup Remover Wipes 25 wipes 

I love your pictures @heartsmyface, specially you with the gorgeous daisy garland 😍😍😍. You made me laugh with your camping/hiking essentials list 😂😂. You would make tons of friends for sure! Who wouldn’t like to be around so much fun???

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos106
  • Anna2BT_0-1656692224976.png
  • a-girl-who-takes-a-vacation-at-the-beach-on-a-bright-day-vector.jpeg
  • EF9BA073-E591-427C-ACEC-30E94A3BC3B8.jpeg
  • 8A0D1596-B0D7-4A02-B7FC-092CA084481F.jpeg
  • E00A4EE8-BBD8-4C71-955D-70517E04A95F.jpeg
  • B30C4BB5-504A-4B59-853B-43C6D39EE292.jpeg
  • EC927CDB-92EB-45D8-8605-68515B7B7B95.jpeg
  • 1A716B69-E025-414D-87A3-C2452652FB5C.jpeg
  • 09A7FA63-A44F-4E9A-8CD2-66CB8C84E68D.jpeg