cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The August Favorites Thread

favorite products from August by GeorginaBT.jpg

2019 is flying by. August is almost over, and you know what that means … it’s time to share our monthly favorites! We want to hear what products you reached for most this month. Whether it be hair, fragrance, skin, or makeup products, drop the names of your favorites. From new treasures to trusted holy grails, the Beauty Insider Community wants to know your recommendations.

Here are my August favorites:

What products were your August favorites? Remember to show and tell! Heart

Re: The August Favorites Thread

Fabulous favorites @angel7594! 😍😍 I want one of everything here! ❤️ Chanel Boy is a fave lippie for me as well.

Thank you @itsfi ! ❤️

Ooooh such Fancy Favorites @angel7594 🤩 love them!

Thank you @eshoe ! ❤️

Wish I got that beautiful bronzer 

The packaging for that Too Faced bronzer is a work of art. So pretty. <333

@GeorginaBT I love that Clinique mask/scrub for days when I feel like I've worn heavier makeup or I've had an "outdoor sweaty day" and I really need to do a deep skin detox!  I recently tried the PHILOSOPHY - Purity Made Simple Pore Extractor Mask.and I find that it's somewhat simillar.

@CookieGirl1 EXACTLY, if my skin needs a good detox I will throw this mask/scrub on. My face feels so fresh afterwards, I'm obsesssssssed. Also, amazing, thank you for the recommendation - I'll try the Philosophy one out next!

@GeorginaBT 

Here are some of the products I've been frequently using and enjoying this month. I've been really just doing the minimum in terms of makeup, so I'm hoping to try some new things in September. 

Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance™ Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL

Olaplex No. 5 Bond Maintenance™ Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL

Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL

SEPHORA COLLECTION Hot Line Brush Tip Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner 01 Black

Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil Soft Brunette

MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Accomplice Concealer & Touch-Up Stick

Looove your favorites here @PrettyPaint! 🥰Wonderful selection! 💗💕

Awww thanks @itsfi. I have been using all these a lot this month, and they have been treating me quite well for a low-maintenance look.

Low-maintenance looks are great @PrettyPaint! I've been meaning to look into a finding a good shade match for the Marc Jacobs. I need to cycle through a couple other foundations first though; maybe next sale. 😉 

Always such wonderful favorites @SportyGirly125! 💗 I’m intrigued by the hair mask and hair oil... 🤔 

@itsfi The hair mask and oil help hydrate my hair so much.  Definitely worth a try or sample.

@SportyGirly125 The Pat McGrath lip gloss!!! Everyone at work raves about it. 

I have not had the chance to see the Jackie Aina palette in person yet, but from the swatches I've seen it looks amazing (as expected). Thanks for the recs! Heart

@GeorginaBT You have to try the PMG glosses.  They are the best lip glosses I have used.

A couple new favorites, I’m going through that need to change my entire beauty regimen phase that happens every few years. 

New:

Lancôme Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 10 mL

GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask

Moroccanoil Smoothing Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL

Moroccanoil Smoothing Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 8 oz/ 237 mL

Old favorites:

TOM FORD Boys & Girls Lip Color Lipstick Richard

Yay, I have been waiting for this thread! I picked up a little something the last day or two of July and have been loving the heck out of it!

My hair is extremely fine, oily at the roots, dry at the ends, and somewhere between wavy and curly. I rarely color it (just a temp dye every year or two) and rarely use heat (I might do that once a year as well). The last few months, frizz and dryness have been getting seriously crazy, no matter what shampoo and conditioner I use. I also have hard water, like off the charts hard, but it's the same water I grew up with (18 years) and have had for the last 5 years, so I ignored that as a factor in my hair care routine until very recently. 

I finally heeded advice to get a water filter out of desperation. A whole house unit isn't in the plans at all, and I like my current shower head, so the budget option shower filter (only $21!) seemed like my best bet for now. And I am LOVING it. I've always considered my hair to be relatively soft and silky, but holy cow, now it's even softer. The frizz still shows up a little on day 3, but nowhere near the extent it did before, and it's much easier to tame it. My hair is also getting oily less quickly, and I've been able to cut back on my dry shampoo usage pretty significantly. My curl seems a little more pronounced as well. 

It didn't seem to help with tangling or hair fall, but my thinning is mostly genetic anyways, so I didn't expect much there.

There is one drawback...without all the hard water deposits on my shower floor, it's now a little more slippery than it was. Not that it was rough before or that I really even noticed it was there, but I guess there was just enough texture to help keep me stable lol. I may have to find a mat or some grippy stickers to put down next. 

Wait, ok, second drawback: this will lower your showerhead about 1.5". Mine was perfectly placed just barely above my head before, but now I have to bend my knees ever so slightly (or lean a bit) to get my head or face directly under it. Small price to pay, IMHO! 

IMG_20190727_204552327.jpg

Why yes, that's an avocado green shower. I *know* you're jealous :pWhy yes, that's an avocado green shower. I *know* you're jealous 😛

@RGbrown I’ve had and recommended that shower head to my clients for years! Though mine doesn’t quite look like yours. 

Did you clarify with a hard water removing shampoo first? You will notice a HUGEEE difference when you do. I use a pro in salon treatment to get rid of hard water deposits on clients, i’m Pretty sure it’s available on Amazon for regular folks to buy. I can DM you what it is if you are interested? 

Ps my shower is slate grey almost black, it’s basically like showering in the dark, i’d Take avocado lol 

@GG84 

I did use a clarifying shampoo with my first wash after installing it, and yes, the difference was tremendous! 

Charcoal sounds really nice in theory, but yeesh, I hear you...I couldn't imagine mine being any darker, especially with my lack of lighting near it. I have to have a light colored shower curtain just to let a little light through as it is 😋 

15 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • favorite products from August by GeorginaBT.jpg
  • IMG_20190727_204552327.jpg
  • Why yes, that's an avocado green shower. I *know* you're jealous :p
  • 808C4A6D-4104-494F-8237-C5A8AA6AF374.jpeg
  • IMG_20190827_190739.jpg
  • August favorites
  • IMG_E0032.JPG
  • Top: RMS Beauty Temptation; Middle: Buxom Dolly; Bottom: RMS Beauty Temptation + Buxom Dolly
  • Top: ColourPop Lippie Scrub; Middle: Fourth Ray Beauty Watermelon Face Milk; Bottom: Fourth Ray Beauty Watermelon Seed Oil
  • 8A280C1F-8E6E-4D93-AFD0-5AB10A344758.gif
  • IMG_9410.jpg
  • 5DBFDD48-A61D-4744-947C-566CF56B64CF.jpeg
  • 3C8B5266-0BE5-472E-9D17-C55418E3AF44.jpeg
  • C46C3ADB-FC47-4BBE-929F-AD0D8E94ADC9.jpeg
testing