cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: May 2023 Edition!

GeorginaBT_0-1684943025623.png

Sun’s out, BIC! 🌞 Although the San Francisco Bay Area inevitably experiences random bits of cold and fog throughout the year, I think it’s safe to say that it’s starting to warm up over here on the west coast. I’ve personally been looking forward to the hotter weather – do some of my favorite beauty products of the month give away that I’m manifesting an early summer?! 🙏

Here are the products I’ve been reaching for most in May:

What about you, BIC? Let me know what makeup, skincare, hair, and fragrance products you’ve loved most this month by hitting the “Reply” button. Don’t forget to use the “#” symbol to tag those faves, too!

Re: Monthly Favorites: May 2023 Edition!

Beautiful pic @CookieGirl1 ! I agree with your love for the SkinCeuticals eye cream. It’s terrific and I love the slight highlighting effect it gives. Please come to Sephora SkinCeuticals  ! Lol 

@Sunnysmom It was definitely a product that surprised me!

@CookieGirl1 I'm glad you found some loves this month, especially after a long drought.💖 It's a pretty great feeling when our products are exciting and we look forward to using them. 😀 

I am a big fan of Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil 2 oz/ 60 mL , can I ask what put Kerastase in the lead?

@CynthieLu I don't know it my hair just "got used" to the Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil 2 oz/ 60 mL or what happened but over the last couple of months it just didn't seem to have the same effect that it once did for me.  Since so many people have raved about the one from Kerastase I wanted to at least try it.  It helped that I was able to actually go into a Sephora store and they gave me a couple of little samples to try and the first time I used it I noticed that my hair felt a LOT smoother and softer compared to how it had been feeling with the Verb.  The formula is a little heavier than the one from Verb which initially worried me since I have relatively fine, blonde hair but my hair literally just soaks this up; I can actually use a relatively generous amount and it never makes my hair look heavy or greasy.  I haven't compared the ingredients to get a comparison of what kinds of oils are in each but I should definitely do that...

@CookieGirl1 @CynthieLu oh my goodness, there must be a technical term for this phenomenon! Maybe it's a seasonal thing/changes in the air/humidity? Why does the most perfect shampoo/conditioner suddenly switch on us one day 😭

@eshoe I don't know but it's frustrating!  At least I've found a replacement product so I can't be too salty about it, I guess.

No, I guess there is a silver lining to this, @CookieGirl1. It can be such a struggle, though!

Thank you for describing your experience and thoughts about the oils.  @CookieGirl1 🙏 That's really helpful. 

I know that feeling, what is it when it hair gets used to something or dosen't seem to work anymore? 🤔

Kerastase has been on my radar for awhile but I haven't tried anything by them. 

I hope they get more products in the rewards bazaar or in gwp's. I would be petty interested to try a few things by them based on bic reccomendations. 🙂💗 

Kérastase Nutritive 8H Magic Night Serum Hydrating Treatment for Dry Hair 3.04 oz / 90 ml  to name one 😉

@CynthieLu lol, I actually got a sample of that one too!  It seems like a well-loved product from the brand but oddly enough I didn't really think that it did anything for my hair.  Hopefully you'll get a chance to try it one of these days and with any luck it'll work out better for you!

Isn’t that the best @CookieGirl1 ?! I love that feeling of being excited to share some favorites after a lull of the same old. These all look great, the dae might have to come home with me!

@Mcakes you're right, it was nice to feel like I had so many winners this month!  And I'm really liking the Dae although I think that we have relatively different hair types so I don't know how well it would work for you.  Your hair definitely looks thicker and longer than mine and I don't know if that would make a difference or not.  However, I'd totally recommend trying it regardless!  *It also has the most AMAZING citrus scent.

@GeorginaBT  Great favs!! I need to check out that First Aid Beauty Anti-Chafe Stick with Shea Butter + Colloidal Oatmeal 1.7 oz / 48 g  always good to have on hand!! 

Monthly Favorites 🌸 (...or what I need in my purse atm 😉)

MTXX_MH20230526_080325976.jpg

CLINIQUE Almost Lipstick Black Honey 

Shiseido Clear Sunscreen Stick SPF 50 0.7 oz/ 20 g 

Supergoop! Lipscreen Sheer SPF 30 Unseen Invisible Sun Protection 0.33 oz / 10 mL 

The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Herbacin Hand Cream 💛

Maskeraide Tinted lip Mask

KAYALI YUM PISTACHIO GELATO | 33 Eau de Parfum Intense Travel Spray 0.33 oz / 10 mL eau de parfum sp... 

Okay, my hands love having a moisturizer and a drop of rose oil when I'm washing on the go.  The Handwashes I run into on my day to day are so painfully drying. Using these after keeps my hands so smooth and soft. 

My SPF stick ( lol twinsies @GeorginaBT ) is so handy to reapply on the go, and it doesn't mess up my makeup. 🙂💗

I keep a few lip balms on hand and one with spf for day time, this supergoop shiny lippie is excellent 👌 and very easy to use. 

I feel silly using the same fragrance favorite as last month but I'm still very into this delicious scent.  💚😉

Love your mini favs and all @CynthieLu ! Supergoop lips and all things Supergoop and Black Honey are staples! 💞

Must have in your purse faves are the ultimate definition of favorites @CynthieLu ! I’ve forgotten how good some of these are, I need to work them back into rotation. Great picks!!

Lol right? I thought.. humm what am I using everyday and loving? And they were all living togeather in my purse 😉 @Mcakes 

@CynthieLu a happy little family lol. Kind of like a glam bag, I miss ipsy bags. I might have to resub. I liked having a bag of happy in my purse every month. 

@CynthieLu  Great favs. I love you have the travel perfume in your purse. That’s so smart. 

I love using a little spritz after work @ather , it makes the kitchen smell go away, Iol 😉

@CynthieLu I just discovered how yummy KAYALI YUM PISTACHIO GELATO | 33 Eau De Parfum Intense is as a fragrance 

Isn't it so nice, @CorgiMommy? I'm really enjoying it too 😀

I just tested Sol de Janeiro Bikini Season Perfume Mist 3.04 oz / 90 mL today, have you smelt any or thier new summer scents? That one is my fav of the 3. It's pretty great 😉

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos25
  • GeorginaBT_0-1684943025623.png
  • 77927C0E-71D6-4C77-8FB7-77D43E88EB5A.jpeg
  • IMG_7114.jpeg
  • May 2023 Favorites
  • IMG_0593.jpeg
  • IMG_5038.jpeg
  • IMG_4924.jpeg
  • IMG_5043.jpeg
  • IMG_20230524_095351467.jpg