Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: December 2021 Edition!

MonthlyFavesDecember2021.jpg

‘Tis the season… to pay tribute to our December beauty favorites! Earlier this month, while shopping for gifts for others (thanks in part to all the great recs from our Community Ambassador Gift Guide for the 2021 Holiday Season), the inevitable happened: some extra items for me managed to sneak into my basket. I mean, I have to know if I like it before I can confidently gift something to someone else, right? We’ll call it research! In any case, I’ve acquired some new-to-me beauty staples that collectively carried me through my many December moods – whether I stayed home and couched it with some self-care, or actually went out in my glitzy holiday glam, complete with a highlight you can see from space. 🌌

Here are the products I’ve turned to the most this month:

Tell us your favorites! Which skincare, hair, makeup, fragrance, and/or wellness products have you been loving this month? Reply below and use the “#” sign to tag your faves!

Re: Monthly Favorites: December 2021 Edition!

A bit late to the thread but I think I might have found a great dupe for Cire Trudon's Abd el Kader candle 🙂 The CT is a mint tea scent that's not at all like a toothpaste mint, but rather green like the fresh cut herb which is livened with spice then majorly softened down with vanilla. It's a straight vanilla though, no gourmand levels of sweet. There's a Canadian candle company called Lohn with a similarly green scent that features mint but punches up that green, fresh herb factor with basil and rosemary. Smells very invigorating. I enjoy them both.

LOHNESENCandleStyled_1200x1200

Otherwise, I'm using Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml on the drier areas of my face and on my neck and am using it as a moisturizer. It feels so rich and soothing. Canadian winters are so dry! I bought the #Youth To The People The Dreamer: Hydrate + Glow Essentials set and thanks to the 20% sale, the whole kit, which has the full size mask, is cheaper than buying the mask alone. Hope the oil and eye cream are good! 🙂

@pocketvenus  Those scents sound wonderful!  It reminds me of when I bring herbs from the garden into the kitchen.  It's surprising how nice fresh basil alone can smell (sans garlic, tomato, etc.:))

@pocketvenus Nice sale score!! I had a similar experience getting the Shani Darden Skin Care Age-Defying Retinol Set which is cheaper than buying the full-size retinol on its own!

@AlexBT Nice!!!👌

@AlexBT ,

I love your photo of your December Favorites !   I second your enthusiasm for three of your choices, The Dior Backstage Glow Face Palette,  The Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Concealer Brush,  and The Tatcha Camellia Gold Spun Lip Balm. 

I haven't tried your other two choices yet.

@tsavorite The Hourglass brush is so nice, right? I hear Rare Beauty brushes are also 💯 but haven't tried any yet.

@AlexBT ,

Yes to the Hourglass brushes!  I want to give Rare Beauty Brushes a try, too.  

Second @lmaster on your lovely pic @AlexBT !🥰  My Dec faves were kind of about easy quick comfort. My skin seems to drink up anything these days and I’ve been really using extra stuff on my lips and face. I think my fav lip care is LANEIGE Lip Treatment Balm 0.35 oz/ 10g . It stays on and also gives the best little glow on it’s own even for someone who wears red 24/7. 

I discovered Wander Beauty Upgraded Lashes™ Thickening Mascara and in 3 weeks I’ve def seen growth in my lashes plus it’s a terrific mascara on it’s own. Even ordered another tube already so I don’t run out too quickly which I seldom do! Lol It rivals my ByTerry favorite and maybe be better especially for the price. Usually I have to layer my Ilia Fullest Volumizing mascara over anything but this one can stand on it’s own even up to 3 plus coats. Like a bunch as I wear glasses. Lol 🤓 It’s very black, not wet, does not clump or flake and really layers so well just waiting a bit in between coats. Brushes like this are not my favorite usually but this one is better. Flexible and smaller and I can still use the end underneath to really push up my lashes. This is a wonderful mascara! I love Wander original too but this one tops it. 

One line I really love is Trinny and anything I’ve bought sight unseen has been so easy and adaptable to use. The shadows stay on even tho a cream plus I use under powders. But a lot of times I just use on their own. One and done. The lip and cheek are versatile for both with a pretty translucent glow. Not too creamy , not dry a bit. And the BFF cream is a good all in one for SPF and tinted moisturizer. Looks healthy. (If not this I’m using La Mer The Hydrating Illuminator 1.4 oz/ 41 mL , so good!) . I tried the BFF eye cream serum this month which tho it’s a lighter formula still works so well to camouflage my dark circles with no creasing. I was so surprised and impressed. I use both of these almost daily now. 

#Chloe Naturelle Eau de Parfum (hmm will not tag) was such a lovely gift to try from @TeamBIC , I have been wearing it daily I think! It’s not usually a scent I would normally gravitate to and yet I love it’s fresh green floral. I can’t stop smelling it plus the bottle is just so clean and has simple elegant lines. Who says others can’t pick out fragrance for a person?! 🥰 Thank you again so very much guys! 😘 Happy New Year to all! 🥂

89F613A0-9C09-4AE8-8941-93269EA8A7BE.jpeg

@Sunnysmom Ooh you make me wanna try the Wander treatment mascara! A lot of lash treatments/growth serums irritate my eyes, but this one sounds worth a shot!

I can relate @AlexBT, me too! This one not a bit! Nor By Terry. 💞

Hmm, curious about the Wander beauty mascara. I haven’t found any good ones to rival my HG Benefit Cosmetics BADgal BANG! Volumizing Mascara , I will consider this one in the future! @Sunnysmom 

I would say it’s definitely a bit dryer @sister13 so it layers well. Let me know if you do! So far my HG have been newest Ilia Fullest Volumizing, ByTerry growth and Chanel. Haven’t tried Benefit in a while. I’ll have to! 🥰

Wander does make a beautiful mascara, @Sunnysmom🤩 I haven’t tried that one, yet.

They do @eshoe ! I still love the original one a lot. 

I'm definitely intrigued by the Wander mascara, @Sunnysmom; thanks for the review!

Pretty favorites @Sunnysmom😍 I like the Wander Beauty Mile High mascara and didn't realize they had this one; putting it on my (ever growing) list.

I was so pleasantly surprised @itsfi @CookieGirl1 ! 

@Sunnysmom ,

I love these reviews!  I'll have to try the Wander Beauty Upgraded Lashes Treatment Mascara!   I really agree with you about the Chloe Naturelle Eau De Parfum.

It is very surprising that anyone could do so well at picking out perfumes for another, as with the December Parfum Gratis from Sephora and Team BIC.

Thanks @tsavorite , yes try the mascara! It’s a bit tricky to get off but if you wait a little bit after using remover it comes off easier. I kind of panicked at first because it stayed on so well! Lol I know opinions are divided on it but I truly love the Chloe, it’s so nice! 💞

Your photo is gorgeous as well!! @Sunnysmom 

206 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos27
  • MonthlyFavesDecember2021.jpg
  • 171BD80F-7E6A-4982-A0C1-975BEE53BA10.jpeg
  • 32BAE54A-F3F9-482D-B032-A75963EB00B7.jpeg
  • 00586352-BD59-488A-895E-00DE2FEE9E6E.jpeg
  • 923F22AB-C98A-498E-878B-4C9B8149C501.jpeg
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 9.17.27 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 9.19.18 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 9.23.17 AM.png