Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Fall Cozy Challenge: Tag a holy-grail self-care product that you're thankful for!

TeamBIC_0-1630508831838.png

Autumn is approaching! We’re getting cozy in the Beauty Insider Community, and what better way to channel the spirit of the season than with a beauty challenge? For the next few months, we’re calling on you to respond to weekly beauty-related prompts inspired by fall. We’re doubling down on self-care and autumnal glam right in time for colder weather and spooky season, and we hope you’ll join us for the fun!

Check out our weekly prompts below:

• Week 1 (9/1 - 9/7): Tag your fave fall lip product (plus any selfies or swatches!) 💋
  • Week 2 (9/8 - 9/14): Share a fragrance that gives you cozy vibes 🍂
  • Week 3 (9/15 -9/21): Shout-out your go-to self-care masks 🧖🏼
  • Week 4 (9/22 - 9/28): List your bath & body routine for colder months 🛁
  • Week 5 (9/29 - 10/5): Post a photo of a fall-inspired eye look 👀
  • Week 6 (10/6 – 10/12): Tag your current hair care routine 💇🏾
  • Week 7 (10/13 – 10/19): Name a seasonal home scent you’ve been loving 🕯
  • Week 8 (10/20 – 10/26): Show us your amazing autumn-inspired nail designs 💅
  • Week 9 (10/27 – 11/2): Happy Halloween! Name a beauty product or trend you were scared to try but ended up loving 🎃
  • Week 10: (11/3 – 11/9): Tag your skincare routine of the season 💆
  • Week 11 (11/10 – 11/16): Name a hair tool you would use to get glam during the holidays 🔥
  • Week 12 (11/17 – 11/23): Tag a holy-grail self-care product that you’re thankful for 🦃

Hit the "Reply" button below and use the "#" symbol to tag a standout product in your self-care routine. The Beauty Insider Community can't wait to hear your recommendation!

Re: Fall Cozy Challenge: Name a beauty product/trend you were initially scared to try, but ended up loving!

@itsfi I still stay away from it unless I have plenty of time 🤣

Re: Fall Cozy Challenge: Name a beauty product/trend you were initially scared to try, but ended up loving!

Oh my, yes! Like 2 hrs more time 🤣

It still scares me @lmaster! My eyelids have become more and more hooded as the years tick by, so I'm still struggling to figure out what kind of changes I need to make. For now I'm sticking with my basics: mascara and brow gels/tints.

@CarolBT  I'm having the same problem.  I've never been very adept at liner, but I discovered two ways of using it that don't make me look like my eyes are squinting like I'm angry:  applying liquid or gel liner before eye shadow (this also helps cover up mistakes!) and pulling my eyelids up and dotting it right between lashes.

I haven't figured out the answer to my eyelids drooping more (except the obvious cosmetic surgery.)  I couldn't figure out why my favorite mascaras didn't make my lashes look long anymore, and then I figured out it's because my lids are pushing them downwards so they have more work to do to be visible!

Yes @Ispend2much6! That is happening to me too. 

Totally with you @CarolBT. I had no issues when I was younger. Wings were only for retro-lovers so most people weren't really wearing them then; now everyone's wearing wings and I literally have to do each eye in a different shape to a) fight the droop and b) match them up!

I don’t necessarily LOVE it, but I am now more open-minded to oil makeup cleansers, like Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser . I always thought this would leave my face feeling greasy but it washes off nicely in the shower and pairs well with Tatcha The Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder . It doesn’t remove my mascara well, or at all, but it melts away my eyebrow products, sunscreen, and Dr. Jart+ Mini Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment 0.5 oz/ 15 mL, which was the main reason why I wanted to try the cleanser. Would I repurchase? I’m not quite sure, to be honest.

@Charlynnx  Those two Tatcha products are great together.

Yesss @Charlynnx I hear you on this! I wasn't too sure either about oil-based (or balm) cleansers, but once I faced the fact that my skin was super dry and that it in fact, loved the oil based cleansers, I'm more open minded about them too. Also, I used to have oily skin, so it's been interesting to realize that is just not the case anymore for me. 

Believe it or not, any kind of eyeshadow scared the hell out if me @TeamBIC !

I never thought I would get the hang of it and now I own more than 10 eyeshadow palettes. I will not count how many I have cuz Im too scared to know the # 🤣.

@Buootiful  You're an expert now!

Thanks so much @Ispend2much6 😘 . Not even close, I still struggle getting each eye the same shape in the crease 🤣.

@Buootiful  I've given up on that ideal since one of my eyes has a lot of astigmatism and it pokes out too much. 🙂

@Buootiful, I would not have guessed this, especially given the pretty eye looks you put together! 😍

Aww, you are too kind, my lovely @itsfi 😘😘😘. Back then, I didn't even know there's a certain way to put it on based on your eye space. Or, a monolid, as one SIJCP SA told me, lol.

I can't say I love every brand I've tried-- at first I was leery of the whole makeup-removing oil cleanser trend, thinking it would make my skin and hairline greasy. Tried a couple that didn't do it for me, like Boscia's; then I got a sample of #AMOREPACIFIC Treatment Cleansing Oil Makeup Remover 6.8 oz/ 200 mL and I suddenly understood the hype. 

@heavyhedon   Does Amore Pacific's have a scent?  Thanks!  I have Biossance Squalane + Antioxidant Makeup Removing Cleansing Oil 6.76 oz / 200 mL  and it does a pretty good job of not leaving an oily mess, but I'm always looking for better. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 -- it does, a soft, fluffy floral scent. I don't find that irritating or that the scent clings to my face, and this oil rinses away so well; but some reviewers really dislike the scent, so if that's an issue, I'd try to sample before committing to a bottle. Not to lie, I'd rather have all my makeup removers be unscented (except for fresh Soy Makeup Removing Face Wash 6.7 oz/ 200 mL, I love that smell), but this never bothered me.

Ahhhh, AmorePacific @heavyhedon😍 What a lovely cleansing oil. 💖

@TeamBIC Believe it or not, I was initially scared to try ALTERNA Haircare CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Smoothing Anti-Frizz Blowout Butter .  I was frightened that it would be too heavy on my hair and make it greasy.  I was wrong!  It's given me softer more supple hair.  And to think I normally wouldn't have tried it but for the DS I got a while back.  And a BICer's rec, of course!

@greeneyedgirl107  I have a tube of that doing nothing in my cabinet; I'll have to pull it out and try it.

5 Replies
testing