Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Fall Cozy Challenge: Tag a holy-grail self-care product that you're thankful for!

TeamBIC_0-1630508831838.png

Autumn is approaching! We’re getting cozy in the Beauty Insider Community, and what better way to channel the spirit of the season than with a beauty challenge? For the next few months, we’re calling on you to respond to weekly beauty-related prompts inspired by fall. We’re doubling down on self-care and autumnal glam right in time for colder weather and spooky season, and we hope you’ll join us for the fun!

Check out our weekly prompts below:

• Week 1 (9/1 - 9/7): Tag your fave fall lip product (plus any selfies or swatches!) 💋
  • Week 2 (9/8 - 9/14): Share a fragrance that gives you cozy vibes 🍂
  • Week 3 (9/15 -9/21): Shout-out your go-to self-care masks 🧖🏼
  • Week 4 (9/22 - 9/28): List your bath & body routine for colder months 🛁
  • Week 5 (9/29 - 10/5): Post a photo of a fall-inspired eye look 👀
  • Week 6 (10/6 – 10/12): Tag your current hair care routine 💇🏾
  • Week 7 (10/13 – 10/19): Name a seasonal home scent you’ve been loving 🕯
  • Week 8 (10/20 – 10/26): Show us your amazing autumn-inspired nail designs 💅
  • Week 9 (10/27 – 11/2): Happy Halloween! Name a beauty product or trend you were scared to try but ended up loving 🎃
  • Week 10: (11/3 – 11/9): Tag your skincare routine of the season 💆
  • Week 11 (11/10 – 11/16): Name a hair tool you would use to get glam during the holidays 🔥
  • Week 12 (11/17 – 11/23): Tag a holy-grail self-care product that you’re thankful for 🦃

Hit the "Reply" button below and use the "#" symbol to tag a standout product in your self-care routine. The Beauty Insider Community can't wait to hear your recommendation!

Re: Fall Cozy Challenge: Name a seasonal home scent you love and join us for a new prompt every week!

So last year during the fiasco that was the Bath and Body works candle sale I scrambled to pick up my candles and ordered their new Sweet Cranberry Pie. OMG does it make my house smell like a bakery in Heaven!!!! It's tart but you can smell the buttery crust come through it's just so very lovely. I really hope that they bring this candle back this year. Also Sweater Weather from them is a go to if you're looking for a nice clean crisp scent.

Re: Fall Cozy Challenge: Name a seasonal home scent you love and join us for a new prompt every week!

@niki172  Yum! I haven't smelled that one, but it sounds amazing!

@PrettyPaint if they have that one again this year (and I really hope they do) I can't recommend it enough it is soooo amazing and yummy!!!

Years ago I got this oil burner for the home from the Bombay club-yeah, reallly old store. I dont remember the name of it but it was in purple and lime green packaging. I lurved that smell!

Anyway, Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Autumn Vibes reminded me of it and smells divine. I wish they made a candle of Autumn vibes or any of the REPLICA scents!❤️

Anything Pumpkin 🥰 puts me in such a good mood

@LilyG1120 Do you have any recs for a pumpkin candle that doesn't include all the spice notes?  I really don't care for the cinnamon or nutmeg notes - I want something pure pumpkin!

I love fall candles! They always put me in the spirit for Halloween !!! 

my favorite candles are definitely Bath and Body Works Sweater sweater and Pumpkin apple! But I do like the NEST New York Pumpkin Chai Candle for when I’m feeling a bit more fancy haha 

Bath & Body Works Honeycrisp Apple! It's so fresh and so fall!

@TeamBIC  Bath and body works pistachio ice cream, FORVR Mood Mini Candle Gift Set- Send Moods set and anything coffee and pumpkin scented

@lmaster Bath and body works pistachio ice cream?  They need to make it in a body cream or spray.

They would be genius to do so @SportyGirly125 I bought the candle online not knowing how it would smell,,, this is possibly one of the best scents ever!!

Pistachio frozen yogurt is my absolute favorite @lmaster.…I can’t imagine how delicious this candle must smell!!

It's the most delicious scent ever from bbw!! I thought strawberry pound cake was my favorite ... Nope!!! @eshoe 

@TeamBIC Mine is Trader Joe's Cinnamon broom stick and Cinnamon whisks

@SportyGirly125 @Those are great! My Trader Joe’s didn’t seem to get the mini ones this year which was disappointing because I like them in the bathroom! 

@Kim888 Aww that sucks they didn't have the mini ones.  Maybe they will get them in soon.

I picked up VOLUSPA Spiced Pumpkin Latte Glass Candle at my grocery store, of all places, a couple of weeks ago. I love it so much that I definitely want to get another one during the upcoming Rouge sale!

I alternate between inexpensive candles and nicer candles because that can quickly become an expensive habit, and I also love the seasonal candles from Trader Joe's.

I recently broke out my VOLUSPA Spiced Pumpkin Latte Glass Candle from last year and can confirm the autumnal vibes are immaculate.  I switch back and forth between this one and my all-time fave, VOLUSPA Gilt Pomander & Hinoki Glass Jar Candle 18 oz/ 510 g 1-wick Candle!

Re: Fall Cozy Challenge: Tag your current hair care routine and join us for a new prompt every week!

Fall Hair Care: I've spent some time working on hair care over the last couple of years, trying new things to find out what works and what doesn't. Here's what I have in the rotation for this fall:

Fall Hair Care: In ShowerFall Hair Care: In Shower

I try not to wash my hair everyday; it's more like every other day or if I can manage it, every 2 days though that can be a stretch. 

Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance™ Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL 

Olaplex No. 5 Bond Maintenance™ Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL 

ALTERNA Haircare Holiday Moisture Duo 

Once per week or "as needed" I will reach for Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD) Triple Detox Shampoo or dpHUE Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse to help clear my hair of any product build up. Or dpHUE Gloss+ Semi-permanent Hair Color and Deep Conditioner Dark Brown to boost er...color, and add a little glow to my tresses. 

Fall Hair Care: Post shower treatsFall Hair Care: Post shower treats

Spoiler

Aquis Waffle Luxe Long Hair Towel - I like to let my hair air dry and the Aquis hair towel helps my hair dry more quickly. 

I aim to rotate an oil or an hair mask into my routine about once per week and a couple that I have on hand for this season include Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Strengthening Treatment Hair Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL, amika Oil Treatment, amika Triple Rx Mask (a recommendation from @Shosh85 years ago - thank you Shosh!), and the #Better Not Younger Hair Redemption Restorative Butter Masque (a thicker formula so I use a light hand with it). I have fine, thin strands of hair, just a lot of it, so I concentrate the hair oils or mask on the length of my hair, avoiding the crown so as to not weight it down even more and using whatever I have left on the palms of my hands to gently coat the ends, all with a light hand.

On certain days, I use a little of the Oribe Mini Dry Texturizing Spray 2.2 oz/ 75 mL at the crown to zhuzh it up for some much needed volume. 

Fall Hair Care: ExtrasFall Hair Care: Extras

Spoiler

If my hair is not completely dry, I may pull it back and put it up with the Kitsch Microfiber Towel Scrunchies Micro Dot. I'm more inclined during the cooler seasons to blow dry my hair and it's the Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer White Dyson Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Iron/Fuchsia for me. This version was limited edition a few years back. I was initially hesitant to pick up such a spendy tool that I don't use on a daily basis, but it has come in handy and I have no regrets. 

When it comes time to call it a night, I've started using silk pillow cases like Slip Silk Pillowcase - Standard/Queen and putting my hair in a braid before heading to bed; this has helped with keeping hair out of my face which I find helps minimize opportunities or conditions that can increase the likelihood of my breaking out (it doesn't mean I don't breakout (if only!)) 

Re: Fall Cozy Challenge: Tag your current hair care routine and join us for a new prompt every week!

@itsfi  That Triple RX mask is still my most favorite....... so of course that means they'd discontinue it! Glad you enjoy it too! 

1 Reply
testing