Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Fall Cozy Challenge: Tag a holy-grail self-care product that you're thankful for!

TeamBIC_0-1630508831838.png

Autumn is approaching! We’re getting cozy in the Beauty Insider Community, and what better way to channel the spirit of the season than with a beauty challenge? For the next few months, we’re calling on you to respond to weekly beauty-related prompts inspired by fall. We’re doubling down on self-care and autumnal glam right in time for colder weather and spooky season, and we hope you’ll join us for the fun!

Check out our weekly prompts below:

• Week 1 (9/1 - 9/7): Tag your fave fall lip product (plus any selfies or swatches!) 💋
  • Week 2 (9/8 - 9/14): Share a fragrance that gives you cozy vibes 🍂
  • Week 3 (9/15 -9/21): Shout-out your go-to self-care masks 🧖🏼
  • Week 4 (9/22 - 9/28): List your bath & body routine for colder months 🛁
  • Week 5 (9/29 - 10/5): Post a photo of a fall-inspired eye look 👀
  • Week 6 (10/6 – 10/12): Tag your current hair care routine 💇🏾
  • Week 7 (10/13 – 10/19): Name a seasonal home scent you’ve been loving 🕯
  • Week 8 (10/20 – 10/26): Show us your amazing autumn-inspired nail designs 💅
  • Week 9 (10/27 – 11/2): Happy Halloween! Name a beauty product or trend you were scared to try but ended up loving 🎃
  • Week 10: (11/3 – 11/9): Tag your skincare routine of the season 💆
  • Week 11 (11/10 – 11/16): Name a hair tool you would use to get glam during the holidays 🔥
  • Week 12 (11/17 – 11/23): Tag a holy-grail self-care product that you’re thankful for 🦃

Hit the "Reply" button below and use the "#" symbol to tag a standout product in your self-care routine. The Beauty Insider Community can't wait to hear your recommendation!

Re: Fall Cozy Challenge: Tag your current hair care routine and join us for a new prompt every week!

Re: Fall Cozy Challenge: Tag your current hair care routine and join us for a new prompt every week!

@TeamBIC I don't wash my hair everyday.  Just twice a week.

When I wash my hair I use a hair oil then let it sit for 5 minutes before I apply Pureology Smooth Perfection Shampoo mixed with Oribe Shampoo for Moisture & Control 8.5 oz/ 250 mL 

After shampoo I apply a hair mask Oribe Signature Moisture Hair Mask 5.9 oz/ 175 mL wait for another 5 minutes

Then apply a mixture of Pureology Smooth Perfection Conditioner mixed with Oribe Intense Conditioner for Moisture & Control 6.8 oz/ 200 mL 

When I get out of the shower I towel dry my hair and put in Oribe Hair Cream for Style 5 oz/ 150 mL mixed with ALTERNA Haircare CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Replenishing Moisture CC Cream 5.1 oz / 150 mL and on the ends John Frieda Frizz Control Extra Strength mixed with Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Hair Oil and put It's a 10 leave in conditioner (on top) and Beach Bum leave in conditoner on the ends.

I will leave my clean hair down the next day.  The day after I either spray Oribe Mini Gold Lust Dry Shampoo 1.3 oz/ 62mL # or Oribe Mini Dry Texturizing Spray 2.2 oz/ 75mL  or nothing at all (depends how active I am) and then the day after put it up in braids, a pony tail or bun.

@TeamBIC I wash with Pureology Hydrate Shampoo for Dry, Color-Treated Hair and condition with Redken Heavy Cream Super Treatment (I try to leave that on as long as possible).

For styling, I use Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum, Phytodefrisant, It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Treatment, followed by my new addition of ALTERNA Haircare CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Smoothing Anti-Frizz Blowout Butter that I got a DS sample of and am really liking, then John Freida Frizz Ease Super Serum on my ends).

I use Paul Mitchell Hot off the Press flat iron spray and Matrix Oil Wonders Egyptian Hibiscus Oil.  For dry shampoo I use Klorane's loose powder.  Pre-pandemic I used Living Proof No Frizz Humidity Shield every morning.

I think that's about it for my hair products!

It's still kind of evolving, some standards are

PATTERN by Tracee Ellis Ross Hydration Shampoo 

Mizani 25 Miracle Milk + Miracle Oil Duo (just the leave in)

Briogeo Scalp Revival™ Soothing Solutions Value Set for Oily, Itchy + Dry Scalp 

My hair gal uses Oribe which I had never tried before. It’s wonderful! Oribe Shampoo for Brilliance & Shine 8.5 oz/ 250 mL Oribe Conditioner for Brilliance & Shine 6.8 oz/ 200 mL . And Oribe Maximista Hair Thickening Spray 6.8 oz/ 200 mL . My hair has never been so shiny! It is so rich that it lasts forever.  I also love Oribe Flashform Finishing Wax (not on Sephora right now I guess). I also am loving that little amazing points reward ofChristophe Robin Mini Volume Shampoo Paste with Rassoul Clay and Rose Extracts 2.5 oz/ 75 mL in between for terrific volume on my short hair. Good example of something I never would have tried without that sample and boy am I glad I did! 

I rotate shampoo/conditioner this week it's Briogeo Superfoods Mango + Cherry Balancing Shampoo + Conditioner Duo for Oil Control dae leave in conditioner, PATTERN by Tracee Ellis Ross Mini Strong Hold Hair Gel 3 oz/ 85 g Gisou Mini Honey Infused Hair Oil 0.7 oz/ 20 mL tgin hydrating mousse Christophe Robin Luscious Curl Cream with Flaxseed Oil 5 oz/ 150 mL 

I'm trying to find the perfect shampoo and conditioner, no luck yet. But I am working through Sephora collection Salt Scrub Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance™ Shampoo Mini 3.3 oz/ 100 mL Olaplex No. 5 Bond Maintenance™ Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL . Finished off with It's A 10 Leave in conditioner and the #Grace Eleyae Satin Knot Turban.

Right now I’m using Briogeo Superfoods Banana + Coconut Nourishing Shampoo + Conditioner Duo for Dry Hair  it’s so dry where I love so my hair can use all the nourishment I can get! Once I’m out of the shower I add a tiny bit of Olaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Crème 3.3 oz/ 100 mL  and finish off with a little OUAI Mini Wave Spray 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  and I usually let my hair air dry!

@ather I love using Olaplex No. 6 on wet hair too - a little goes a long way! 

I have a few combos that I like; moisture is the key, and I'll need even more of it once we start using our heater.

Briogeo Be Gentle Be Kind Co-Wash

#Briogeo Aloe and Oat Milk Fragrance Free Hypoallergenic Detangling Spray

#Kiehls Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Mask

I also like this trio alot:

Verb Hydrating Shampoo 

Verb Hydrating Conditioner 

Verb Leave-In Mist Mini 2.1 oz/ 62 mL 

Bumble and bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Conditioner has become my new go to conditioner! I love how hydrating it is! 

I also really love the Gisou Mini Honey Infused Hair Mask 2.5 oz/ 75 mL  

I honestly don't change my hair routine much, especially since I'm spending so much time working from home. But, I did have some pandemic stress hair loss, which has thankfully been growing back, but the products I'm particularly loving are: 

ALTERNA Haircare Caviar Anti-Aging® Multiplying Volume Duo 

Oribe Serene Scalp Thickening Hair Treatment Spray 4.2 oz/ 125 mL 

And the R&Co pommade stick, which my hairstylist recommended. It's the only product I've been able to find that keeps my new growth from sticking straight up!

Sorry to hear about the stress lots @txcatx , but glad to hear it's recuperating.  How often do you use the Oribe?

@danielledanielle Thanks--things are much better now! I use the Oribe maybe twice a week after washing my hair. My hairstylist recommended using it after each wash, but it's kind of an expensive product!

Oh, yay @txcatx !  Thanks for the info... that's why I asked, I'm always hesitant with Oribe for that reason, despite some of the good things I hear.  I'm still working on one product for regrowth and my hairdresser already told me to be patient, so if it doesn't work, I might give this a go.

Re: Fall Cozy Challenge: Post a fall-inspired eye look and join us for a new prompt every week!

Gray eye looks remind me of fall and winter. Here is one using  Hourglass Curator™ Eyeshadow Palettes    in Iced Steel. I used all five shades.

20210901_172911.jpg

 Quick eye look to try it out so no fancy eyebrows or concealer etc.

Re: Fall Cozy Challenge: Post a fall-inspired eye look and join us for a new prompt every week!

I love this @Ispend2much6! Beautiful! 

@PrettyPaint  Thank you.  I am forever grateful to Charlotte Tilbury for popularizing the pop of glittery shadow on the center of the eyelid. )

I love this on you @Ispend2much6 ! Cool greys for the win! 

testing