Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora

50 or Older

Hi all you Beautiful ladies I am 53 and I would like to hear what you like or use for fine lines and wrinkles age spots My face is not sensitive I had acne growing up and would use anything from toothpaste to alcohol to over the counter things none worked I also had a prescription for something I can't remember than they came out with Alpha Hydrox and I would goop that on my face every night when I first started using it I would year up because it would sting so bad but wow did it work loved the stuff used it for years and would buy six month supply lol but than the beauty market started putting into everything and for whatever reason Alpha Hydroxy did something and it wasn't as strong and I didn't get the quick results I think to many people had sensitive skin so they changed the formula and no mater what brand after that brand did I ever find anything strong now I do however love the Lancer, DE, also Saturday Skin, and Sunday Riley Good Genes they take longer to see results anyhow I also love to know what foundation you wear sorry for the punctuations thank you

Re: 50 or Older

I am 51 year old, causation and I have always had young looking skin. Then I hit 48 and time began to show. I started to get a slight drooping of my skin, my frown lines began to deepen, my pores look larger, and the list goes on…

Recently I came across a new skin care product after seeing it in People Magazine.  It’s by Beauty Pie, a Japanese based company. The name is JapanFusion (maybe Japan Fusion) Genius Lift Elixir. 

The bottle is about twice the size of a bottle of White Out.  The bottle has a dropper that is very small, as it doesn’t take much product to do the job, only a few drops. I started using it about a month ago.

Within 2-4 days I noticed my deep frown lines plumping up, my face began to have bounce and looked plumper, and my pores have minimized. It continues to look better with every use. 

I began using it on stretches marks, just to see if it would improve the minor marks I have around my breast. Not only do the marks look diminished, it’s has made the skin around my breast taunt. It gives that firm rounded look of breast implants. 

Best of luck!

Re: 50 or Older

I use prescription retinol.  I told my doctor I wanted to try it and she reported I had adult acne (which I didn't), but my insurance covers it completely because of that diagnosis.  I have to get it every month so the diagnosis stays. I probably have over 30 tubes of it. 

As for nonprescription stuff, I like drunk elephant, Skinceuticals,  dermalogica,  Kiehl's,  Neostrata, The Ordinary ...just to name a few. I always use a mineral sunscreen. I use a clarisonic too. 

I am a skin care junky. I like to try new products and sub to skincare subscriptions. 

I am a few months out from being 50 and my age gets guessed at about 34 consistently.  

when I was 36 I took acutane and didn't have to worry abo...

when I was 36 I took acutane and didn't have to worry about breakouts any longer but just dealing with the wrinkles now I have tried the Ordinary I do not like it in any way I love Retnin A that is awesome stuff but my insurance won't cover I've tried other things as I'm like you a skin junkie I love to try new products thanks for your input
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing