Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Routine

Hi! 
I went into Sephora the other day for products but the person wasn’t very helpful helping me. This is what I got. 

AM

caffeine 5% 

PM

hyaluronic acid b5 2%

retinol 1%
mandelic acid 

lactic acid 

for the pm routine, how should I rotate those? A all at once?  
can I use any cleanser? I got the scalene but I don’t like it. 
should I use a moisturizer in the pm after all the serum things? I know in the morning to use a SPF moisturizer 

is it ok to change up your skincare routine. For example one week use one set of products the next use another? 

my skin is oily and dry 

Re: Routine

@lmart101 

In the morning you can rinse with water, apply the caffeine eye cream, then moisturizer with SPF.

In the p.m., start with a gentle cleanser and moisturizer. Once you're ready for treatment, choose one to start. The hyaluronic acid is for hydrating do it would be gentlest. The others are actives. In fact, the mandelic acid and lactic acid are both AHAs so you don't need both. What's your experience with chemical exfoliants? If it's new to you then start with the mandelic acid two or three nights a week after cleansing, follow with the hyaluronic acid and moisturizer. On two separate nights a week, you can use the retinol instead of the mandelic. 

But you wouldn't start all of these right away. With skincare, it's best to move slowly, adding in a new product and then waiting a couple of weeks before adding the next new product. This helps you check for negative reactions and have a better idea of what actually works for you.

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing