Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Rookie

Hey y’all. I’m looking for recommendations on slowing down the aging process. I’m not the girliest of girls but I would like to find a skin routine that will slow the aging process and also isn’t going to break the wallet. TIA 😊

Re: Rookie

WOW! This is a great question! First of all, aging just comes with life! Some of us age more “graceful” than others & some really age badly!  Honestly, unless you are willing to go through cosmetic surgery, nothing really slows aging! There are products that help but none help completely! One thing that will really help is staying out of the sun! I know, every one tells you this, but it’s true!  I too did not listen to this warning! I had tan lines all year round from age 5!  I’m now 68!  I was a constant swimmer during the summer months & am I ever paying for it!  My skin is so very dry & I itch a lot because of it. You have no idea of all the products I’ve tried that just did not work for my dry skin! I did find one brand that really helps! Sadly it’s not sold at Sephora!  I use Perlier products that are made with Royal Jelly, honey products! They are not very pricey & they last for long periods of time.  The ones I love the most…the ones that really make my skin soft & no itching are as follows:  Royal Elixir Cream of Youth w/fresh Royal Jelly, Body Honey Miel Anti Aging Body Balm, Royal Elixir Youth Creator w/Royal Pro-Peptide ( for my neck) Royal Elixir Extraordinary Face Mask, Imperial Honey w/Imperial Drops of Honey( this is great all over) These products make my skin so very soft & no itching at all! It does ease the aging but as most products is only temporary! I use this every day as my routine! Also when I use the Body Honey Anti-Aging Body Balm, I put a few drops of Shea & Argan oils mixed in with it.  These are all from Perlier & I’ve been using their products for 35 years!  I use most of their scented body creams w/ Shea butter & I put nothing else on my body!  Most of the products I use on my face are OleHenriksen like Glow Cycle Retin-ALT Power Serum, Goodnight Glow Retin-ALT Sleeping cream & Sheer Transformation Prefecting Moisturizer…these are for my face which I use every other day.  I buy these products strictly from Sephora & I always stock up on these products so I never run out!  Perlier is only on HSN & they have great bargains on their products, you just have to look up their schedule as to when they are on!  The Perlier products are all made in Italy! Believe me, the honey in these products is very very soothing & softening to my extra dry skin!  They are worth every penny!  My sun dried skin is very withered looking & has been since I was in my 20’s & these products even make my skin look very smooth!   I hope you give them a try, just start w/one product at a time to see if you like them. I would start with the Honey Meil Body Balm or the Imperial Honey w/honey pearls( this one is not really for the face but you can try it  on a small area of your neck! Believe me, I love all these products & never use anything else on my skin!  If you try them, I hope they work for you!

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing