Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Summer Sunshine -
Ice cream ๐Ÿฆ , sunglasses ๐Ÿ˜Ž , SPF ๐Ÿงด, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

IMG_20240717_093305322.jpg

This one is screaming summer to me 

It smells so fruity and it was great, the fit was excellent, the scent was excellent, tons of clear serum, no lasting tackiness!

Winner winner

@lmaster  Oh, yay for a winner! The packaging is fun! It's definitely giving me summer vibes...... and also a craving for kiwi ๐Ÿ˜‹ ๐Ÿฅ

This one was an awesome mask all around @Shosh85 kiwi ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿคค

Bought this one because it had the word "chocolate" in the title. ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿซ

IMG_6453.jpeg

Spoiler

Volition Chocolate Macadamia Hydrating Mask

This is a brown-colored, thick and creamy wash-off mask.

It smells wonderful- like chocolate cake mix or brownie batter. Seriously smells so delicious! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿซ

It felt and looked like I was smearing chocolate pudding on my face.๐Ÿ™‚ (Of course my husband said it looked like feces and now calls it my "poop mask.") ๐Ÿ˜‚
I had it on for about a half hour and it did not dry down or harden. It stayed soft and flexible so my face felt comfortable the whole time.
It was pretty easy to wash off, but a wash cloth made it easier. My face felt super soft and smooth and my skin tone looked more even/brighter. My face was a tad dry, which is normal for me, but it was definitely a lot less dry compared to most wash-off/clay masks - I didn't feel like I had to rush for the moisturizer.

I really loved this mask, and will definitely continue to use it! The scent alone makes it worth it to me!

IMG_6454.jpeg 

Oh bless your heart!! @Shosh85 I love that you've found this.... In my cart it goes ๐Ÿคฃ

@lmaster  Haha! I didn't find it..... It found me ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Shosh85, I waaaant this! ๐Ÿ˜ I really shouldnโ€™t pick up another clay mask but the scent is making it really hard to pass on it! ๐Ÿซ 

@itsfi  Haha! It's hard to say no to chocolate! ๐Ÿซ ๐Ÿคค

IMG_20240622_203253582.jpg

This was a lovely mask, my only critique is the lasting tackiness.

I think I found this in a pack at Marshalls

@lmaster  I don't mind some tack, but sometimes it's just too much! Definitely sounds like a great one to try as a makeup primer!

Agree!! @Shosh85 

Ahhh, Marshalls. A helpful but also dangerous place when it comes to sheet masks @lmaster. The ingredients on this one sound great but that lasting tackiness is a bummer.

@itsfi it's funny because when I apply moisturizer like I usually do, it doesn't bother me, this time I waited in hopes I wouldn't need to, but the tackiness thought otherwise ๐Ÿ˜†

@lmaster  I like the sound of those ingredients - too bad about the tackiness though. Hope you enjoyed it otherwise!

It was good @caitbird I just wasn't planning on it being so sticky however it could be a great primer mask before makeup 

@lmaster  that's a great idea to make the mask work for you, I love that!

This looks lovely! I hope you enjoyed, minus the tackiness part! Itโ€™s always a nice treat โค๏ธ @lmaster 

Thank you sweets! @peculiarzmakeup 

June 2024 Masks

6.2024 Masks 3.jpg

Anua Heartleaf Cream Mask Night Solution

Spoiler
TL;DR: Thin-leaning microfiber sheet covered in a not too thin, not too thick, unscented, cream serum that feels luxuriously soothing and moisturizing against the skin. Left mask on my currently dry and dehydrated skin for about an half hour and was left with soft, smooth, supple, soothed & nourished skin. Highly recommend for those with dry, very dry, or normal skin with adjustment to wear time, as needed. Those with combination or oily skin will likely fare  better with this mask in the cooler winter months. 

I had high hopes for the Anua Heartleaf Cream Mask Night Solution and it met my expectations. The thin-leaning microfiber sheet holds a not too thin, not too thick, unscented, cream serum that feels luxuriously soothing and moisturizing against the skin. Fit will be a personal matter but this is wide and long (extra long) enough to cater to many different face shapes and sizes. The openings for the eyes and mouth are sufficiently wide and the amount of material covering the nose bridge (between the inner eyes) and the philtrum (above upper lip) areas are generally good. Thirty minutes on my uncharacteristically dry skin this time of year was exactly what I needed - soft, smooth, supple, soothed and nourished skin

This one is a beauty, one I would highly recommend, especially for those with dry, very dry or normal skin (with adjustments to wear time, as needed). Those with oily skin may find this to perform best for them in the winter months. This mask is comparable to Dr. Jart+ Ceramidinโ„ข Cream-Infused Mask 0.63 oz / 18 ml  and the Lancome Renergie Lift Hydrating Sheet Mask, both of which are ones I also really enjoy.

Dior Capture Dreamskin 1-Minute Mask 2.5 oz / 75 mL 

Spoiler
The name says it all - one-minute dream skin - in as little as one minute, my skin is left feeing lightly hydrated, soft and smooth, not tight or dry, and looking fresh and brightened. This contains glycolic acid but is gentle and effective. A little goes a long way. Great for prepping skin before applying makeup. 

A Medley of Masks

Spoiler
fresh Umbrian Clay Pore Purifying Face Mask is a quick and easy (5 minutes) mask for decongesting pores and smoothing skin. Great for a weekly all over mask or for spot treating pesky pimples.

Bath &Body Works Champagne Toast Lip Mask is a pink tinted cream with finely milled granules for gentle exfoliation.

The thicker consistency of and nourishing ingredients in the Jack Black NightModeโ„ข Lip Treatment 0.25 oz / 7 mL work together to soften and nourish lips overnight.

Another great overnight product is the LANEIGE Bouncy + Firm Radiance Boosting Sleeping Mask 2 oz / 60 ml  - my favorite from this sleeping mask collection remains the cica version but this cherry blossom one does a lovely job of softening, soothing and moisturizing skin while you sleep. It has a floral scent that I found pleasant but if you're sensitive to fragrance, this one might not be for you.

K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Mini Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 0.5 oz/ 15 mL (gratis) delivers wonderful results in less than 5 minutes - my hair consistently looks and feels bouncy, silky smooth and shiny after every use. This one is a keeper.

Superegg Calm Movements Eye & Cheek Mask

Spoiler
My under eye and cheek area are prone to dryness and this Superegg Calm Movements Eye & Cheek Mask does a nice job of soothing, depuffing and lightly hydrating those areas, with just one use, too (although results are temporary). The hydrogel adheres well to the skin and feels cooling on contact. Great for travel.

@itsfi  So many good ones here! The Anua mask sounds especially wonderful! Glad to hear the results were so great! 

How did I not know B&BW had a lippie in Champagne Toast! ๐Ÿ˜ณ That is my favorite B&BW scent! Will definitely need to pick that one up! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

21,446 Replies
testing