Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Ooh, yes! And oldie but a goodie, @sister13. It's truly a shame that OH discontinued this one-- it's so good! 

Yes, agreed! I honestly thought it was still around!! @quspork 

@sister13   Ouhhhh Iโ€™m so jealous you still have some of these!!! They were the best!!!!  I used the last of mine up earlier this year and was sad to use it.  I love your cute headband!!  

This one was/is amazing! I think I have a few more packs and might even be able to

stretch each pack into 2 uses! And you know I canโ€™t resist anything Hello Kitty! @heartsmyface 

Forgotten Wonders I -M ๐ŸŽฉ ๐Ÿช„ ๐Ÿ”ฎ 

My forgotten wonder mask is from the back of my beauty cabinet. The special place at the back where my abundance of masks reside. I brought 5 of these sweet heavenly babies in a value pack (*so much easier on the wallet) and break them out when my skin needs to be rescued.

It's a fun feeling thou isn't it? When you go sifting through the beauty pile and find an old hidden gem?

This is one of my fav ๐Ÿ’Ž's

Spoiler
 MTXX_20220909093703_mh1662730681003.jpgDr. Jart + 

Soothing Hydra Solution

I started getting these as a cheaper option to the jelly allatonin mask by the same company,  I got 5 for 17$ instead of one for the same price tag.
It's all star ingredients are Aquaxyl , Aloe, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract , Pinus Densiflora, Thuja Orientalis and Chamaecyparis Obtusa.
The fit was to small for my eyes and it took 3 cuts to shape it better,  between my brows, above my lip and the chin.  After I added the cuts it fit snugly and didn't slide or move. The mask stayed moist for the entire 20 minute wear time. 
Each mask has a backing sheet, which is something I have not come across in my sheet mask adventures. Not sure of its purpose ๐Ÿ˜…
No tingling or odd feelings it was just nice and cooling.
Afterwards I patted the rest of the serum in and found it absorbed all the way into my skin.  No sticky or heavy resisue and it didn't need the over night treatment to really sink in and absorb.  I could use this and go out no problems. It did even out my redness and plump up my skin.  I like this one allot. 
I usually mask 1 time or maybe 2 times a week, I would use this if I felt my skin was red, about to flare up or in need of barrier repair or a boost.

Comparing it to the Allatonin Jelly mask by Dr.Jart, that one for me is better for night time,  it's * amazing * but the serum is heavier. I think it's better for results and feels nicer with its special rubbery mask.
I  will say the sheet mask with aquaxyl is a nice option that is less pricey and is the good quality ingredients I love from Dr.Jart.

Happy Masking! ๐Ÿ’—๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿฆ„

โ€ƒ

@CynthieLu I've been wanting to try Dr. Jart masks forever now, I might have to splurge in the new few months to actually make the purchase! This one sounds like a really nice choice. Sounds like you got a lovely deal on these which I always can get on board with, great job! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

They have so many different kinds @QueenMarceline something for everyone ๐Ÿ˜„ and it was Winners where I found them at the best price but I'm sure there's deals all over out there. 

@CynthieLu, Dr Jart is a great brand! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Yay for finding it in a pack of 5. Some brands include a backing sheet with their masks to help hold the shape of the sheet. It can come in handy with sheets that are very delicate or thin, to keep them from being stretched out or torn in the process of taking them out of the packet or unfolding them. 

You solved that mystery for me @itsfi , I've tried different flavors of that sheet mask by the same brand, and they didn't have them so I was getting curious , thank you!

Wow one mask for $17 yikes!! But they are fun to at least try, I'm glad you found a good alternative for cheaper! @CynthieLu 

Thinking on it, I think i was wrong and the single use jelly mask was 14 but still alot for one go @lmaster 

Hey there maskers! ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿผ Some of you may know already, but our fellow masker and photographer extraordinaire @Samtian hosts a fun photography challenge on BIC, with different monthly themes.

Photography has been something Iโ€™ve been wanting to get into for the longest time and her challenges have provided opportunities to delve into that interest more. Itโ€™s awesome seeing the creative and beautiful compositions folks put together. Iโ€™ve been learning a lot. 

The theme for September is โ€ฆ 

wait for it โ€ฆ

โ€ฆ sheet masks! โ™ฅ๏ธ

If youโ€™re interested, I highly recommend checking out the thread. Join in with a pic or two of your own, if and as you are inclined! Iโ€™ll leave a link to the thread below. The monthly theme and rules/guidelines for the challenge in the original post.

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/A-Year-of-Beauty-Photography-Challenge/m-p/6131047/h...

Thank you Samtian! ๐Ÿ˜Š 

@itsfi This looks like so much fun! I can't wait to see all the awesome sheet mask photography. Thank you for sharing and to @Samtian for the fun monthly theme. ๐Ÿ™‚

@itsfi @Samtian I'm hoping to be able to get in this challenge this month!!

There's some beautiful photos in there @itsfi 

That's a fun theme ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ“ธ right now

Might have to test my photography skills lol 

@CynthieLu, super fun theme this month! Had to share; it looked like something the folks here might be interested in. 

J for Japanese sheet mask. I liked the results from this mask; while I don't know if I'd say it made me feel like royalty, the name of the mask itself suggests it is fitting for a royal. ๐Ÿ‘‘
 Q - royalty - JBeauty.jpg

tl;dr: Quality First Queen's Premium White Mask is a thicker leaning Japanese cotton sheet heavily saturated in an unscented liquid serum that left my skin feeling well hydrated and moisturized without tack or stickiness after half an hour. Suitable for all skin types year-round. Despite the material being thicker than most sheet masks, this is one I would repurchase for the results. 

Spoiler
There's a certain heft to the thicker leaning 100% Japanese cotton fiber material of this Quality First Queen's Premium White Mask, but it does not feel heavy against the skin. It is saturated in a clear, unscented liquid with medium viscosity - thereโ€™s enough to soak the sheet entirely but without causing any runoff. Adherence is okay for a thicker sheet; just a little bunching along the perimeter. The openings for the mouth and eyes are on the narrow side, but a couple of snips here and there is all that's needed for a tailored fit. My skin being very dehydrated, it slurped up the essence.

Half an hour later, after removing the mask, my skin felt nourishingly moisturized - this is a liquid essence but the results felt like that from an essence with a more lotion, emulsion-like consistency. My skin loved this mask. For a split second I considered skipping my moisturizer but ultimately decided against that. I tried the version of this in the red packet and it was fine, maybe a โ€œmehโ€ if Iโ€™m being brutally honest. This version, on the other hand, is a solid โ€œyesโ€ - it gives my skin the hydration and moisture it needs without feeling tacky, sticky, or heavy. A good one for all skin types.

@itsfi  this is a good brand. They have many good bulk sheet masks.

@itsfi Wow what a cool mask and lovely tiara, this is such a beautiful photo ๐Ÿ™‚ It sounds like this mask worked out really well, where do you buy this? I feel like the packaging is so eye-catching that I'm fairly certain I've never seen it before anywhere. Also, maybe I'm a bit royal obsessed but the packaging reminded me of Diana's famous blue sapphire jewelry. It's super coincidental that you used this mask a few days before the death of Queen Elizabeth, while I scrolled past I initially thought someone theme-d it due to that pretty large historical event but in all reality you posted it way before and that would be a super weird theme to include in this thread in general (lol, what was I thinking?๐Ÿคฃ

@QueenMarceline, thank you! Photography has been something I've been interested in, a side hobby at the moment; so it's nice to hear. The mask, crown and lighting did the heavy lifting. I had planned to use this mask earlier in the year but got sidetracked for one reason or another; all coincidental with the timing of my using the mask and posting about it and real life circumstances.

Sorry for the delayed response about the product availability - I was trying to find a source for the mask. I picked this one up at a small, local boutique that carries a variety of Japanese and Korean beauty products, mainly skincare and hair care. These usually come in a pack of 5 but the store every once in a while will put these out for individual sale. The location I went to didn't have any when I was last in the shopping plaza, but they get new shipments of products every month. I did find these masks on the Stylevana site. If you've never ordered from that site, there are a few things to be aware of: (1) check availability of the listed product - they're good about listing the inventory they have available, but it's helpful to check the info under that inventory status - for estimate on when the product is likely to ship (e.g., within 24 hours, 7-14 working days, within 30 working days, etc.); (2) your order will ship when ALL items are ready and available so if you have items with different availability, the longest processing time is the earliest it will ship; and 3) the listed processing times, particularly the longer ones, are rough estimates and have been known to take longer than listed so if there's something you need immediately, this may not be the best source.

@itsfi 

The mask sounds like it'd be too much for my oily skin but your picture is great!

1 Reply
testing