Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

I have all 3, @itsfi but this is the first time I used SF. Bigstashproblems. Did you not like jet lag?Your choices of dessert instead of eating the products sound really good! 

โ€œBigstashproblemsโ€??? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Yeah. It feels like the norm @sonnydee! ๐Ÿคช I will be interested to see how things work out when my stash gets down to a more manageable place. And by โ€œmanageableโ€, I mean what you and I might consider manageable, not what the general population would think. ๐Ÿ˜ What can I say? My face likes options. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I didnโ€™t dislike Jet Lag. I know itโ€™s loved by a lot of people. To me, it was fine, just didnโ€™t wow me. I feel like I get more hydration from their R+R mask than Jet Lag. 

Mmmm, dessert. ๐Ÿ˜‹ Those are 3 things that separately would make my tummy happy, but all together?!! Itโ€™s a party for my tummy!

For S week: Sephora Collection Silver Mask

IMG_20200813_090510.jpg

I have some mixed feelings about this one. To start, I did not care for the scent. I couldn't quite place what it was, but it was perfume-y and overwhelming. The mask itself did have a great fit, but I had some adherence issues on my chin. After removal, my skin had a lot of tack for a good 20 minutes. All that said, the results were great. I was left with plump, hydrated, luminous skin (most likely thanks to the pearl extract). In the end, because of all the negative aspects, most especially the scent, I probably wouldn't repurchase if it was still available, but I'm glad I tried it out. 

Sounds like your mixed feelings were understandable @quspork .  Scent is one of those things that can really make or break a mask.

@quspork  It's been awhile since I tried this one, but according to my notes, I liked it more than the Golden one. Unfortunately it seems fragrance is high up in the ingredients in a lot of these masks. ๐Ÿคข

@quspork Glad the result were great!  Too bad the scent was overwhelming for you.  

@Shosh85, I can't remember the scent on this one, but perfume-y has me recoiling a bit. The results on this one sound amazing! ๐Ÿ˜ I wonder if the adherence issues on this one has something to do with its shelf life; I can't remember when these were released. I am sure I have either this one or the gold one, or maybe both of them, in my stash... I'll check this weekend and if I do, I'll be interested to see how it holds up. @quspork 

@itsfi @quspork Im pretty sure you can look up the batch code/lot number on checkcosmetic(dot)com. 

I did have that thought about the age of the mask, @itsfi since these have been discontinued now. I'll be interested to see your thoughts whenever you reach for the SC foil in your collection. 

@quspork, Iโ€™m far enough into the remainder of my stash that I can move those masks up the queue - itโ€™s a sign (yet another one) that I  have too many sheet masks if thereโ€™s a queue... ๐Ÿ˜‚ Will let you know how it turns out. 

Oh bummer @quspork. At least through all the pain, you got good results.

So true, @ShortErica. It's nice that there was at least some redeeming factor for it!

@quspork  As I recall, I've felt similarly about the foil ones. I think it was the rose gold one I tried and I had a lot of fit issues.

@quspork I have the same feelings about these particular masks

Sorry about the scent, @quspork. Makes me want to compile a list of best unscented masks! I could do without added fragrance, too.

It's a shame that a bad scent can completely change how you feel about a mask, @eshoe. Although by the same token, there are some masks that I seek out because of the scent. I do think it'd be interesting to include an unscented mask week next year to see what some people's favorites are. 

Ok @quspork, definitely adding it to the schedule! I think I should even wiggle it in this year, for fun @ShortErica @Shosh85 @missjeanie ๐Ÿ˜‰

I really love this idea... I find I have a love hate relationship with fragrance.  I know I should want fragrance free... but if it'll be a fragrance I enjoy... I want it lol.  @eshoe  Hopefully seeing a bunch of fragrance free masks will help with finding awesome ones I can add to my list!

Yeah there are many nights I just donโ€™t want a scent, @missjeanie. Some nights I am looking for it, but it would be helpful to have a list of unscented skin treats!

Do we have an no fragrance/unscented theme week for 2021 @eshoe? That would be a nice way to see what masks don't have fragrance.

@ShortErica great idea!

21,367 Replies
testing