cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

 

Welcome to the 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge! 
We love hearing about every masking experience, on or off-theme, and suggestions are always welcome.

Letter of the Week: D

Theme: It is National Opposite Day on January 25th, so join in the fun and explore some skincare opposites. Need some inspiration? Sweet/Spicy, "A"/"Z," detox/hydrating masks worn simultaneously on differing parts of the face, masks with ingredients from places in both western/eastern hemisphere, etc. 

This Year's Schedule:

Spoiler
2022p1.png2022p2.png2022p3.png2022p4.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Not yet but I have a couple from unicorn mail @eshoe. I'm considering them for E week but they also have 2022 expirations so they might have to wait. Though I feel like I'm winning in the expiration game battle πŸ˜‰

That ET green tea is such a nice soothing, hydrating mask, @eshoe!

They are all good, @quspork - I am pretty sure one of the first ones I tried was from you (the Collagen I think?). Love them!

@eshoe calming sounds great! I've never tried any of these

BeautyFIX has the Nuori this month @lmaster. I wouldn’t spend that much on a mask normally but used up Dermstore points😊

@eshoe I've tried 7 masks from this line so far, but haven't gotten around to Green Tea yet! I'm happy to hear it turned out nice for you!

Love the sound of the wash-off mask - I think everyone needs a low-key, lazy mask on-hand! πŸ˜ƒ

Ha I am amazed and impressed that you know you’ve tried exactly seven, @Shosh85! My tracking methods aren’t nearly as precise πŸ˜‚ 

Also, I noticed Facetory has the Chamomile Tea mask from Holika Holika. I had my cart ready to check out (full of new to me masks) and one click to log in made everything disappear😭 But in case you still want to try it, it’s an option. 

@eshoe  Well don't be too amazed, haha! I just save all my notes/reviews and my phone stores them alphabetically, so they're super easy to find and count πŸ˜‰

And thanks for the heads up on the Chamomile mask! - I'll be sure to log in first πŸ˜‚

You’re welcome @Shosh85! I’m going to go back in and pick it up, I’ve really enjoyed those masks!

@eshoe  Both these masks sound great!!

Masks that take little effort to love are good, @ather πŸ˜Š

Some more BIC-inspired goodness:

The Purlisse Watermelon Energizing Sheet Mask

IMG_20200923_123746.jpg

This was a swap from the Masks on the Move box and I believe @lmaster has mentioned liking this one (my memory can be terrible tho, so apologies if I'm thinking of the wrong masker!!). This was such a lovely "end to summer" mask. It was a more opaque mask with clear serum that fit well and adherence wasn't an issue. And it had a very light, fresh watermelon scent. It left my skin looking well-hydrated and I didn't notice too much in the way of tack after removal. I would happily use this one again!

And then, the Merbliss Wedding Dress Aloe Honey Mask

IMG_20200923_123736.jpg

I had added a pack of these to an order from roseroseshop after reading @itsfi 's review a while back and I'm so glad I did! (And then later found another pack at Marshall's that had to be grabbed up...) This mask features two of my favorite skincare ingredients- honey and aloe, such a great combo. It's a microfiber sheet that just cocoons my skin without moving around or becoming unstuck. There's a delicious light honey scent that isn't overwhelming, but adds a nice little something to the masking experience. And after removal? I'm left with hydrated, soothed, less red skin that is soft and bouncy. In summary? YES. Thank you to @eshoe for first introducing me to Merbliss as a brand a while back with, I think it was, the Nurse Healing Mask, and also thank you to @itsfi for recommending this version! I will happily be using what's in the current stash and plan to repurchase when necessary. 

I do love that purlisse mask @quspork I was very close to using it yesterday πŸ˜†πŸ‘

@quspork I love watermelon products. They're so soothing and hydrating. Plus they smell so good.

Watermelon can be a really nice addition, @rosegoldlovely! I've also loved the SC after-sun watermelon masks. 

@quspork  Hooray, 2 for 2! I like that watermelon mask a lot, too. And I just received a box of that Merbliss mask, so I'll probably use one this weekend. It'll be my honey product for the week. 

I hope the Merbliss works out nicely for you, @WinglessOne!

@quspork  So glad both are working great!

Both were really nice masks, @ather-- it's great to have a few winners in the rotation!

Ahhh I was unaware the Wedding Dress is available in different versions, @quspork! Now I will have to search this one outπŸ‘πŸΌ

Yes, there a couple different ones, and the honey/aloe is such a nice one, @eshoe!

20,001 Replies
testing