cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

 

Welcome to the 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge! 
We love hearing about every masking experience, on or off-theme, and suggestions are always welcome.

Letter of the Week: E

Theme: Bubble it Up - National Bubble Wrap Day is January 30th, so let’s share those masks that bubble, foam and fizz!

This Year's Schedule:

Spoiler
2022p1.png2022p2.png2022p3.png2022p4.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

You can hold on, hearts! You can do it. The sale will be here before you know it, @heartsmyface!

@itsfi  There’s some good motivation for me to hold out.  I can get it on sale!!!  Thanks for that!!! 

I had been meaning to try Laneige lip masks for ages, and I finally got the LANEIGE Sweet Dream Trio  during the F&F sale. I've been using the pumpkin spice one, which does smell lightly like sweet spices, and I think it's my new favorite hydrating lip product! It's so soothing and effective, and it doesn't leave my lips feeling dryer later like so many lip balms seem to do. And I love the cute, little applicator that came with the set. I can't wait to try the peppermint one, too, but I felt like I should start with the pumpkin for fall. However, a little bit goes a long way, and I think the whole set is going to last me over a year...

B0495B80-AC69-4C65-ABC1-D5CCF3657C94.jpeg

 

@txcatx it does smell so good!!

@txcatx   This sounds great!!  I have this brand in Berry.  You’re right it’s a terrific product.  

@txcatx 

Oh pumpkin spice. I need this!

@txcatx  These are sooo good! Definitely need to try the Pumpkin Spice one soon!

@txcatx  Yum!! I love a good lip mask!

@txcatx, the Laneige lip masks really are very good. And yes, they last a long time. πŸ˜€ Even using it morning, noon, and night. I mainly picked up the scent of cloves webn o smelled it. Were/are you okey with this one not having a pumpkin scent? 

@itsfi I always assume anything pumpkin spice scented is just going to smell like cinnamon and cloves, so I wasn't too disappointed. I also think I was so impressed with the effectiveness of the product that the scent wasn't an issue for me!

That’s a good way to look at it @txcatx. I’m so happy you are enjoying the Laneige lip mask / balm. They are some of the best lip care items out there! β™₯️

@txcatx  I wanted to try the pumpkin one but talked myself down cause I have barely touched the peppermint one I bought last year!  
You know the little plastic Sephora sample pods you get in store? I wish there were a set of all the available flavours in the size of those sample pods.   They would still last forever.  

LANEIGE Midnight Minis Lip Sleeping Mask Set 

@heartsmyface 

😁

@CynthieLu  Ahhh oh no!  They targeted me!  πŸ˜‚. Into the cart!  Thanks! 

@heartsmyface, were you looking specifically for the pumpkin one? If so, it's not in the set with the 5 mini's (but the mango one is in that set). There's a mini of the pumpkin in this one - LANEIGE Sweet Dream Trio but the trio has a full size and a mini peppermint, a flavor you already have. 

Ooooooh I didn't even see that one @itsfi 

πŸ˜… lol

For this week’s mask I chose 

2 days Mask Calming &Soothing

My eczema is having a bit of a flare up.  It’s around my nose and my cheeks near my nose.  It’s also on the bridge of my nose.  It’s flaky and red.  

I have been trying to avoid steroid creams and ointment if I can.  So I am using so skin treatments.  I picked this one out of my collection for this reason 

The sheet was very sturdy.  It’s made with bamboo and it held up e.  No ripping while adjusting it. There was a lot of clear serum soaking in the pouch.

The mask fit pretty well.  It had pre-made slits around the eyes and chin.  

There was no fragrance.  

I left the mask on for 20 minutes 

There were no skin issues, no irritation. I patted the remaining serum into my skin and did the rest of my evening skin care.

Some of my eczema patches are looking better.  Oh and the mask was very cooling too!!   

This came in a two pack and I plan on using the 2nd one.  

0AF8B3A8-AF34-46B9-9E98-10CB37B8BDBE.jpeg

@Cissy63 that's fabulous it helped with your eczema 

@lmaster  Thank you.  I was pleased with this mask πŸ₯°

@Cissy63, I’m so sorry to hear your eczema had a flare up. This mask sounds like it helped address that and give you a little pamper sesh. Aloe is a great skin soother. I love bamboo sheets; it also feels soothing on the skin. 

@itsfi  Yes I am glad the mask gave me some relief ❀️

20,041 Replies
testing