Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@sister13 Ooh the dirt mask sounds amazing minus the Vit C!

@sister13  What did you think about it?  Itโ€™s sounds different.  Oh a warm spicy scent sounds wonderful.  

How do you like the ML mask? The description sounds interesting @sister13 

I really like it! I forgot about combining it with Mayโ€™s The Honey Mud, which honestly has the best scent (to me) of any skincare product Iโ€™ve ever used! The Clean Dirt starts out as a dry, grainy powder and you mix it with water. It foams up into a mousse texture. It tingles a little and has some chemical exfoliation, (I think) but also physical exfoliation when you rinse off and massage in. This one is a bit lighter than The Problem Solver, which you generally want to apply when youโ€™re planning to shower, because that oneโ€™s a bit more challenging to remove and easier and less messy Iโ€™m the shower. ML recommends to apply to face and then when you rinse off, to massage neck and chest too. Overall, all of her products have incredible, unique and relaxing/uplifting scents! @lmaster @Cissy63 

Thank you for the info!! @sister13 

@sister13, it frustrating when you lose your post! Grrr! ๐Ÿ˜– Oh, May Lindstrom! Beautiful skincare. I have a sample of the Dirt mask  somewhereโ€ฆ the warm spicy scent sounds interesting. 

The scents of her products are so incredible to me! This one is the spiciest scent thatโ€™s not sweet. Let me Know when you try it! I love how it bubbles up when you add the water to it, into a light foam! @itsfi 

I got to go to an event she hosted here in Denver and she was so wonderful, so her products hold a special for me!

I had planned on getting in some posts to catch up on a few masks from the last few weeks, but I used this beauty last night and I had to share right away - for the maskers here with dry or very dry skin, or who are experiencing damaged skin or a compromised skin barrier, this is one you'll want to check out. Yes, it's pricey at $15 a pop, but it is good! 

C - Ceramidin (collage).jpg

Spoiler
Dr. Jart+ Ceramidinโ„ข Cream-Infused Mask 1 Mask / 1 Mask is a 2-piece Airy-texTM fabric sheet mask infused on one side with a rich, but not overly thick or heavy cream. It wears comfortably, hugging the contours of the face, soothing skin, and providing instant and intense moisture & nourishment. This is an absolute must have in the winter months for all but the oiliest of skin types, and a dream mask for those with dry, very dry or damaged skin. 

Repurchase-worthy? Absolutely. In fact, I already picked up a few more to hold me over until the spring sale.

We're only 26 days into the year, but I feel fairly confident putting it out there that this beauty will end up being on my list of best discoveries of the year and an all time favorite - I may end up with a few masks on those lists but I imagine this one will be very near the top of the list.

Oooh @itsfi just from your photos, this mask appears to be incredibly soft. I bet it is quite cozy! One to add to the wish list ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

@itsfi  Oh this is wonderful!  There are still too many winter weeks left, so this sounds like a good idea!  You need to give lessons on how to do your graphics.  It looks amazing ๐Ÿคฉ 

@Cissy63, winterโ€™s going to be here for some time. Just ask Punxsutawney Phil! ๐Ÿ˜‰ This is a fabulous mask! ๐Ÿ’› Pricey but so good! 

Great presentation!! @itsfi you're selling me on this one ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thank you @lmaster. I think your skin would like this one. I contemplated skipping my moisturizer because of how moisturized my skin felt but it's winter and there's no harm in adding a layer of moisturizer this time of the year! Brrr!

Oooh, looks/sounds so nice! Iโ€™m obsessed with your image layout! @itsfi 

Thank you @sister13! My skin loved this mask! ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi 

This one sounds amazing but that $15 price tag, uff da! My husband agreed it sounded nice - everything on our face feels chapped with all the coldness - and said if you gave it a thumbs up at that price, we can try it, but after we finish up a couple of 10 packers. 

@missy94612, lol. It's on the spendy side, for sure, but it's worth trying out if you can pick it up on sale.

A cream-infused mask DOES sound nourishing, @itsfi.

@CookieGirl1, so good for dry skin especially this time of year when it's so cold! 

Oh wow this sounds amazing and perfect for winter @itsfi !!! I love the elevation of infused masks - it just sits differently !

Completely agree @Kim888. The cream-infused masks are fabulous. My skin loves them this time of year! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

testing