Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@lmaster  Hmmm, interesting.... I've heard that some medical masks contain graphene, but haven't heard of it being used for beauty masks! Makes sense though!

Glad to hear this one was a winner! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 it is very interesting! I may have to get my hands on a bunch now to test out if they help with hormonal breakouts ๐Ÿคฃ

@lmaster @That sounds interesting - I never think of a mask having anti bacterial properties but I wonder if that would impact break outs with continuous use ! 

Ohhh very interesting thought!! @Kim888 

This is one of my favorites for dry skin! I first got it in a subscription, but have repurchased a few times since then!

D06487CD-E372-4040-989F-A05C321463FC.jpeg

Spoiler

Facetory Moon Velvet Moisturizing Cream Mask

Material:

Medium thickness cotton

Serum:

White, thick and creamy. Loved it!

Scent:

There may have been a hint of lavender, but mostly just had that typical sheet mask kind of scent

Fit:

Just a little too long at the chin

Wear Time:

40 minutes

Tack:

It was light but lasted for a about a half hour

Results:

Soft and smooth, hydrated and moisturized skin with a nice glow.

Repurchase?

Yup, and already have! It's great for dry skin and I could see myself using a lot of these, especially in the wintertime.

0B63F786-3161-4B37-93C6-0C9C855BF439.jpeg

This is such a pleasant mask, @Shosh85! I miss the old Facetory, but it is good to know they have created some repeat-worthy masks like this one ๐Ÿ˜„ 

@eshoe  I haven't tried any of their new ones, but I had their subscription awhile back and really loved a lot of the originals! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ This is definitely one of my most favorites from them! 

@Shosh85 

This sounds perfect for winter dry skin.

@missy94612  Yup, definitely perfect for winter! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Sounds great, @Shosh85! With velvet in the name, my expectation would definitely be high on this one haha!

@quspork  Right? I'm sure the word "velvet" is what lured me in in the first place! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 This one has been on my wishlist for a while, glad to hear another person loves it!

@Samtian  It's sooo good! My desert-dry skin loves it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  This sounds like a dry skin hero.  I love the name!  ๐ŸŒ™๐ŸŒ™A moisturizing cream mask is perfect for this time of year ๐Ÿ˜€

@Cissy63  It is definitely a dry skin hero! The milky/creamy masks are favorite and I always have to have some backup, since my skin is dry all year round! 

@Shosh85 this one is great, and I might have one left! 

@lmaster  It is sooo good! Glad you like it too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 , excellent choice for a dry skin favorite! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Love a good, thick creamy serum in a sheet mask. ๐Ÿ’™ Ahhhhhh, so comforting and nourishing. There were some great masks in the earlier Facetory manufactured sheet masks lines, like this one. 

@itsfi  Facetory has come out with some good masks! I really liked their Detox and Tea Tree ones! This Moon Velvet one definitely takes first place ๐Ÿฅ‡ 

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

V for veggies (mushroom specifically) ๐Ÿ„

12.2022 V - Veggies.jpg

Spoiler
The clear, unscented, watery essence saturating the soft, thin, Tencel fiber sheet of the JMsolution Centella Aloe + Mushroom + Tea Tree Mask feels instantly cooling on the skin. The sheet has that second skin feel as it adheres beautifully to the skin and the contours of my face -the openings for the eyes and mouth are wide enough that no adjustments are required. The area covering the nose bridge is larger than I need but not so large to be uncomfortable or disarming. The sheet wears so comfortably that 30 minutes fly by like that! There's actually enough essence in the sheet alone to keep it on for an additional 10-20 minutes, with more in the packet. 

The excess essence fully absorbs in about 10 minutes after removing the mask, leaving a slight tack to the touch that itself dissipates within a matter of minutes, leaving my skin feeling soft and supple, and nicely hydrated and moisturized. This is another winner from JMsolution. I love the ingredients in this mask and the results. I also like that it is unscented - tea tree scents can be heavy and they don't always agree with my nose; I don't have to worry about that with this mask. 

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi 

omg, this is too cute! The mask sounds good too, but that T-shirt is adorable,

1 Reply
testing