Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@ather  Ouhhh i havenโ€™t tried this specific one yet which is strange cause I love brightening masks!  Iโ€™m still working on powering through the ones I have so they donโ€™t expire on me but the temptation is there to seek this one out. 

@heartsmyface  It was great till I woke up this morning with a big ole blemish on my chin. Could have nothing to do with it but I have another one Iโ€™ll try at a later date. 

@ather   Ahhhhh, noooo!  i Hope it wasnโ€™t the mask and that it was completely random.  Did the serum feel heavy at all?  

@heartsmyface  Nope didnโ€™t feel heavy. Iโ€™ve been adding new things to my skincare so could be possible itโ€™s not related but suspicious ๐Ÿคจ 

@ather  I still haven't had the chance to try that sheet mask, but I've heard good things about it! Glad you liked it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  Definitely need to try it!! 

V = #VitaminSea mask

I bought a couple of these masks because I thought the drawing was pretty. It had too much serum for me but I have oily skin (even when it's so cold out - ugh) so that's nothing new with sheet masks. This one was a nice one to use, felt soft on, and made my skin look brighter.

unnamed - Copy.jpg

@nuinui933 

I would of picked it up for the packaging too. It's pretty.

The Biobelle masks do have some cute packaging, @nuinui933!

@nuinui933 I love the design too!

@nuinui933, the illustration on the packaging  is so fun! BioBelle makes some good mask; like @Shosh85, I wish the brand would have kept some (most) of their original masks. ๐Ÿ˜” 

@nuinui933  What a wonderful package print.  Soft and bright skin is a winner ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

@nuinui933  Glad to hear this turned out nice for you! I thought this one was pretty decent too, but I really wish BioBelle would bring back some of their originals! A+ for packaging! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@nuinui933  Canโ€™t go wrong with great results like brighter skin!

That packaging is so pretty @nuinui933 

๐Ÿš๐Ÿ  very cute!

Did it smell nice? From the package I picture it smelling like the sea breeze or a coconut sandy beach โ›ฑ๏ธ 

@CynthieLu 

I wish I could tell you how it smelled. I'm getting over a cold and can't smell anything. Boo.

Oooh no! Feel better soon @nuinui933 

Everything's coming up roses! ๐ŸŒน

11.15.2022 R for Rose.jpg

Wash Off Mask

Spoiler
I've tried and been pleased with a few products from the Pixi Rose skincare range so when my eyes spied this mask from that range (and saw that it was on sale), I couldnโ€™t pass it up. 

The jelly consistency of the Pixi Rose Remedy Mask Nourishing Toning Jelly is bouncy, applies and spreads easily and quickly (thanks in part to the mini spatula that is attached to the side of the tub), absorbs smoothly, and feels cooling on the skin. Thereโ€™s a very soft and noticeable rose scent that is pleasant, not artificial. Thereโ€™s a slight tack to the product but itโ€™s a wash off mask and that disappears completely once I washed off the mask after the recommended 10 minutes wear time

The mask washes off easily and fully, leaving no tack, stickiness or filmy residue; just soft, smooth, lightly nourished skin, with a bit of a bounce. Additionally, the redness around my nose and on my cheeks looked to be soothed and less red, both pluses. This has been a lovely mask to use in the cooler season, calming and nourishing the skin beautifully. It looks to be one that would also be great in the warmer months as the consistency is not heavy or overwhelming. 

A little of this goes a long way and thereโ€™s a lot of product in this tub so I donโ€™t foresee a need to repurchase for a good long while but it is one that is worthy of repurchase๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

Nail Care

Spoiler
Winter seems to have disguised itself as fall. My hands have been dry, I mean D-R-Y! A lot of that is my own fault and not being as diligent with my hand care as I should be. This isnโ€™t technically a mask, but Iโ€™ve found that consistent use of a cuticle oil is important for the health of my nails as well as their growth and keeping them nourished.

With that in mind, I picked up the tenoverten The Rose Oil Nourishing Cuticle Oil, an easy to use, conveniently portable cuticle oil in pen form with a light, pleasant, rose scent that, with Vitamin E and its plethora of oils (rose flower, jojoba, argan, sweet almond, hemp seed and pomegranate) hydrates, moisturizes, and nourishes my cuticles and hands. I will be keeping this handy dandy cuticle oil pen in my handbag in a plastic bag to prevent leakage (I have experienced that but you cannot be too careful) next to my hand sanitizer, with the hope that Iโ€™ll reach for it after each use of hand sanitizer.

I had the VOLUSPA Mini Frosted Holly Berry Glass Jar Candle 5.5 oz / 156 g 1-wick candle burning in the background while I was masking; it's a beautiful holiday scent, different from the traditional holiday fragrances, and in keeping with the theme, has a lovely hint of soft, fresh rose to it. ๐ŸŒน

@itsfi 

Love a good rose mask. 

@missy94612, lots of bang for your buck with this one. 

Ohhhh everything sounds so lovely!! @itsfi the candle description is incredible

testing