Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@CynthieLu Yep!

Hmmmm, mixed emotions here @Samtian! So good to see you on the thread. Yaaay for sheet masks in project pan! ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜  Booooo to this mask not working out for you! โ˜น๏ธ I'm slightly jealous that this smelled like coffee for you and that it lingered. That last part rarely happens with sheet masks I use but if you don't like the scent, ouch! That's no fun. Sorry about that, makes the wear time less enjoyable. My recollection with this line of masks (and it could very well be off as it's been years since I've used these masks) is that, other than the banana milk and strawberry milk versions, I didn't really pick up a scent on the other masks that reminded me of the flavor advertised.Well, keeping my fingers crossed that the masks you have to go through offer a better experience for you. 

@itsfi Thank you! It is my luck that the scents I don't like are the ones that linger!

I feel like a lot of us have that same luck @Samtian๐Ÿ˜‚

@Samtian  Awe, too bad this one was disappointing! I love coffee scents, but I thought the scent on this one was a little off. The only one I really like from this line is the banana one! ๐ŸŒ

@Shosh85 I recently found a box of 10 at TJ Maxx of the banana, I almost let out an audible โ€˜woohoo!โ€™ 

@eshoe  Score! I definitely wouldn't hesitate dropping that in my cart if I saw it! Great find! ๐Ÿ˜

It was kind of a shocking surprise @Shosh85, I couldnโ€™t believe it was still on the shelf!

@Shosh85 Mmm banana. I don't think you can go wrong with a banana scent. 

@Samtian  Oh no. Sorry you didnโ€™t like this one!

@ather thanks me too, thankfully it was my only one. 

@Samtian   Not a good experience when you hate me smell๐Ÿ‘ƒ

@Cissy63 Definitely not!

I have a bit of catch up to do with posts - have been noting my reviews but just haven't made my way to posting my photo and thoughts on a few masks. Will aim to get caught up soon. Here's one from early last month's/last week's themes for the letter Q and @LilaMJ's Wintery Holiday Masks theme. โ„๏ธ

12.1.2022 Q - Ceramide.jpg

The unscented, milky, cream-like essence saturating the soft, thin, 0.6mm microfiber sheet of the Keenoniks Querencia: Flawless Face Mask is rich and creamy, without being heavy or overwhelming. It's chock full of moisturizing and healing/repairing skincare ingredients, adhering and fitting beautifully to the skin and contours of the face, with no part of the mask being overly long or wide. After 30 minutes of wear, my skin had a healthy bounce and soft brightness to it that comes from being well hydrated and moisturized. This lasted through the night and well through the next day, making this mask an absolute LOVE for me, and one that I will be reaching for often during the colder months to give my skin some TLC. A definite repurchase and a mask I highly recommend.

@itsfi 

This sounds perfect for winter.

@missy94612 @Agree! Itโ€™s highly nourishing. 

OMG this is amazing, Iโ€™ll have to check it out!! Thank you for sharing @itsfi ! โค๏ธ 

Itโ€™s such a great mask for dry or very dry skin, or during the cold winter @LilaMJ. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

@itsfi looks like I'll have quite a few rec's to pick up

Lol, the lists just get longer, donโ€™t they @lmaster? ๐Ÿ˜† 

Yeahy @itsfi masks that's effects last are a magical unicorn!

So happy to hear about your love of this one! ๐Ÿ’• 

1 Reply
testing