Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe, it took me by surprise to see the small bits of jelly. Theyโ€™re soft and melt quickly. Happy to know the swatches were helpful. ๐Ÿ™‚

@itsfi nice review, very honest thank you!

I have bangs and sleeping masks can be a struggle, though I like them ๐Ÿ™‚

I have a few I need to finish up too ๐Ÿ˜‹

@CynthieLu, lol, we all seem to have โ€œa fewโ€ masks we need to finish up. ๐Ÿ˜† Yeah, bangs can make it more of a challenge to just swipe on a sleeping mask and call it a night. Hopefully the sleeping masks you have all absorb quickly so you donโ€™t have to stay up too long. 

Lol you nailed it, @itsfi  I stay up until it's dry enough lie down to sleep ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐Ÿ˜… sleeping masks have so many benefits ๐Ÿ˜but I'm a tired bear at bed time so as long as start my night routine earlier its no big deal ๐ŸŒœ

I hear that @CynthieLu! Bed time seems to pop up so quickly every night. Not that Iโ€™m not ready to fall asleep ๐Ÿ˜ด but there are still things to be done. Iโ€™ve been breaking up my nighttime routine into parts so that everything has their time to absorb. 

Have you tried one of those soft hair bands or those (and Iโ€™m going to butcher what theyโ€™re called) velcro hair grippers? 

from etude(dot)com

BB46181B-5556-49AD-9C69-59E755A6673F.jpeg

hair grippers from YesStyle(dot)com

9B40DB56-E3CC-4615-B041-FDC653CF91C7.jpeg

They used to make these velcro grippers in the shape of a bow. 

My fave thing to use is a big stretchy cotton head band, keeps everything up and out of my way while I do my routine ๐Ÿ˜ @itsfi 

Oooh I know what those are! I wonder if they could hold up all my bangs lol I picture them just popping off  ๐Ÿ˜…

@itsfi Ooh this sounds like a fantastic mask! Sleeping masks are my favorite. 

@Samtian, when I first tried a sleeping mask, I didnโ€™t get it. But my skin was super dehydrated and dry at the time, and after using them more regularly in my nighttime skincare routine, I noticed a difference in my skin and have loved them ever since. ๐Ÿ˜ 

Do you have a favorite sleeping mask or favorites? Or ones you like a lot if not a favorite? 

@itsfi I really loved the Sephora ones they used to do. Still have a few left. 

Ohhh, the ones in the pods, yes? I liked those too @Samtian

@itsfi Yep those ones!

Ahhh, those are good ones @Samtian! I had hoped the new sleeping masks would be of a similiar feel and fomulation but there's something about them that doesn't perform the same way as the old-school ones in the pods. 

@itsfi I don't think I've tried the new ones.

I think that may be okay @Samtian๐Ÿคฃ

@itsfi  I've liked a lot that I've tried from SNP and this one sounds like another great one - love those results! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
I have enough sleeping masks to last a lifetime, so I definitely get why you're not rushing out the door to get more of these ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yes @Shosh85; 100% agree! Iโ€™ve been impressed with the SNP masks Iโ€™ve tried, including this one. Iโ€™m pretty sure I may have learned of the brand from you. ๐Ÿ˜Š I havenโ€™t tried their non-mask skincareโ€ฆyet. Hahaha!

Sleeping masks are next on my list of masks to whittle down. Sheet masks sun exfoliating / clay wash off masks are in good manageable states. Well, for the most part, at least. ๐Ÿ˜ 

It has been a long time since I posted in the group. It's way past due! I started getting everything ready for my pan project next year and decided to include my neglected sheet masks. Turns out I have quite a lot expired this year. 

Apieu-coffee-milk-one-pack.jpg

Spoiler
Claim- Coffee extract gives firm elasticity for glowing silky skin care, moisture and nutrition hydrolyzed collagen prevents rough skin.
Results- Nothing noticeable. 

Serum: A lot! Lots left over inside. The mask has air pockets, so it stayed wet the whole time. Creamy serum.

Scent: Strong milky coffee, disgusting. I hate coffee scents.

Fit: Long in chin.

Wear Time: 10 min. Says 10-20. Couldn't handle the smell.

Repurchase? No! Thankfully I didn't purchase it in the first place.

That's too bad the scent was a bother, @Samtian

@quspork it is!

@Samtian oh my gosh!! I'm sorry you hate coffee scents,, I'd gladly would trade noses with you ๐Ÿ˜†

@lmaster Haha! Covid still has some bad smells blocked so I won't trade just yet. 

testing