Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Kim888  I agree. I normally love green tea masks!! 

This sounds like it might be a filler mask @ather, which isnโ€™t bad, but there seems to be more and more masks that fall into that camp the longer youโ€™ve been sheet-masking. The little tea bag and cup illustrations are adorable though. ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi  I agree. Not a bad filler mask but Iโ€™ve tried much better fillers too. Although I wonder if a weekly use would have more results?

Do you have a list of those filters which you have tried please show them here I want to more about them in detail? I want to apply them on https://truepaintballer.com/

Nose redness can be so stubborn @ather 

If this dosen't do that trick I hope you find something that will ๐Ÿ’•

@CynthieLu  I still have to wear a mask at work so I always have a red nose. I find the medical masks are so irritating for my skin. 

@ather I can wear a KN 95 mask all day and donโ€™t get any issues around my nose or maskne. 

@SportyGirly125  Thatโ€™s good. I have extremely sensitive skin so they bother me. 

Im sorry to hear that โ˜น๏ธ That's sooo unfortunate @ather

Do you think it's the friction of it touching the same spot all day?

@CynthieLu  I think itโ€™s the friction as well as the material. On the weekends I donโ€™t wear a mask and Iโ€™m not red. Iโ€™m sure itโ€™s all the chemicals they use to produce them too. They always smell gross. 

@ather I wonder if there's any thing you can wear to reduce the friction, something to give it more slip over the areas its rubbing? A barrier to protect your skin? Reapply it on the areas that bother you through out the day? Maybe this is all stuff you've already tried ๐Ÿ˜…

@CynthieLu  I use to use different things lately I just go with the redness. No one sees it and I apply lots of moisturizers when I get home!! You are so sweet for thinking about that!! I hoped it would go away like the pain behind my ears from the straps but nope!

@ather  Ugh the struggles of constant masking ๐Ÿ˜ซ 

@ather   I hope it see some results but I know they donโ€™t always give us what they promise.   But I have heard more than one member say the FAB mask it good.!

@Cissy63  so far no results. But Iโ€™m not too surprised. Not terrible but not the best!

๐Ÿ’›Comfy Gold Carnosine Firming Mask ๐Ÿ’›

Wear time: 15-20 Minutes

Consistency: It was a thin serum (with lots in the bag) that absorbed very quickly on my skin after masking. The mask itself stayed plump with serum for the whole session.

Fit: Nice fit over everywhere except a little excess room on my chin. Great adherence, there was no slippage while wearing. The eyes, nose and mouth holes on this were just the right fit for my face.

Smell: Light scent, a little sweet but very very mild. 

Feel: No stinging,burning or any skin reaction while wearing. Felt cool and refreshing on my skin. 

This mask says it is made to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, moisturize, and brighten your skin. A soothing and firming treatment is formulated with hyaluronic acids and Vitamin C. Made for all skin types, especially dry and rough skin. 

The look of this mask is so fun and fancy, like wearing a sheet of gold dragon scales on your face ๐Ÿฒ๐Ÿคฉ I sometimes wear my masks longer than the time reccomended, this mask has 2 layers and it stayed serum packed for the 30 minutes I wore it.

I got this awesome mask from the amazing @heartsmyface **shout out ๐Ÿ“ฃ alert ** She is so incredibly generous and sweet and gifted me so many (think of arriving in masking heaven ๐Ÿ˜‡) new and amazingly exciting masks to try. I'm truly humbled by her kindness. ๐Ÿ’ Thank you so much again girl! ๐Ÿ’– 

20221124_175926_mh1669332184716.jpg

โ€ƒ

20221124_184037_mh1669333419848.jpg

I folded it over a little so you could see it's 2 sides โœจ๏ธ 

Results: 

Spoiler

The results on this were very pleasing ๐Ÿ˜„ My skin was brighter, plump and moisturized. The left over serum dried very quickly after removing the mask. I was so happy to see some redness on my cheeks and nose were calmed after wearing. My skin was more even and overall looked great.

I wasn't sure what to do after so I went for a gentle night moisturizer 

Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream 1 oz / 28 g 

My skin feels soft and looks so nice and hydrated. 

Would I buy it? Yes I would. 

It calmed my cheeks and my skin is very dry most of the time, my face drank up this moisture with out feeling heavy ,or greasy after. Just nice and supple.

This mask felt nice to wear and was fun too, again like being a gold glittery creature ๐Ÿฆ„ I enjoyed this one alot ๐Ÿ’–

INGREDIENTS: 

Spoiler

Ingredients:

Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerol Polyleg-26, 1,2-Formyl Glycol, Skin, Gold, Silver Fungus (Tremella-Fuciformis) Polysaccharide, 1,2-Formyl Glycol, Tetrahydromethyl Slightly Acid, Light Propyl Tetrahydrotriol, Light Base Retinoic Acid Lipid Isosorbide, Dimethyl Enzyme, Panthenol, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Inositol, Sodium Polypropionate Grafted Starch, Xanthan Gum, Hama Melis Virginiana Leaf Extract, P-Light Base Glycol, 3-Glucan

Awwww more Bic love ๐Ÿ’• @CynthieLu this one looks really cool!!

@CynthieLu 

The mask is very pretty.

Very shiny โœจ๏ธ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿคฉ @nuinui933 

Love a mask that can stay saturated for a longer wear time! Sounds like this one worked out really well for you, @CynthieLu!

Yes ๐Ÿ˜Š @quspork This one was awesome! ๐Ÿ‘Œ@quspork 

1 Reply
testing