Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@CynthieLu and I bet you looked stellar in it, too ๐Ÿ˜‚.

It was sooo fun and funny to wear ๐Ÿ™‚ I loved every second of it @CookieGirl1 ๐Ÿ˜

@CynthieLu  This combo sounds wonderful!

@CynthieLu  Glad you saw great results.  It does resemble dragon scales๐Ÿ˜‰

@CynthieLu, what a beautiful mask. Great to hear it worked out well for you - soft, plumpy hydrated skin? Yes, please! 

@CynthieLu  This mask looks and sounds fantastic! Can't complain about bright, plumped and moisturized skin! Glad to hear you enjoyed it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thank you @Shosh85 it was a really good one ๐Ÿ˜„

I've posted this one a few times already but I had to pull out my Leahlani Mermaid mask today.  This is easily in my top 3 masks of all time!

*Excuse the wet hair, lol

20221123_084436.jpg

@CookieGirl1 @quspork I do too!!! 

Wet hair and a mermaid mask just seem to go together, @CookieGirl1! I still need to put this one on my to-try list! 

@CookieGirl1  I am sooo copying your masking session tonight!   I agree this is a glorious one!!! 
Excuse the wet hair??  It isnโ€™t you purposefully being mermaidy? ๐Ÿ˜„

@heartsmyface Absolutely, go mask!!!!  And maybe you need wet hair, too, to complete the vibe ๐Ÿ˜‰.

Top 3 of all time is high praise @CookieGirl1. How often do you reach for this mask?

@itsfi I honestly don't mask very often when it comes right down to it but this is one of those "I-need-my-skin-to-feel-great" go-tos for me.

Yes you love this one! ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿงœโ€โ™€๏ธ Repeats are a good thing, you know you have a skin win with that one @CookieGirl1 no risks only rewards ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

And it's so fun themed too. What are you other top faves? You mentioned you have 3 ๐Ÿ˜ 

@CynthieLu one of my other favs (and it's seasonally appropriate, too!) is absolutely the Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask 5 oz/ 148 mL .  I don't know how many years I've been using it but it's been a permanent staple in my mask collection since I first tried it.

Ooh nice choice! That one gets alot of appreciation on here ๐Ÿงก very seasonally appropriate @CookieGirl1 ๐Ÿ˜‹

@CookieGirl1  Oh my gosh, I love it! I really liked this mask too! I did feel a little like the Wicked Witch with it on though! ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ˜‚ So happy to hear you love it!

@Shosh85 ugghhhh, it's fabulous!

This one fits a couple of letter themes (Q - V) for the month, namely Q for quick (the sheets in this mask are intended to be worn for 1-minute) and S for Saborino, a popular Japanese brand known for multi-mask packs like this one.

11.22.2022 Saborino Cica.jpg

Spoiler

Itโ€™s another mask pack for me. This is one of the many variteties in BCL Saborinoโ€™s collection of morning mask packs. I typically prefer their evening mask packs for their more lotion-like serum and lack of menthol scent (my nose ๐Ÿ‘ƒ๐Ÿผ isnโ€™t very fond of that scent), but the cica caught my eye. 

Advertised as a one-minute morning mask, the BCL Saborino Morning Care 3-in-1 Face Mask Pack - Cica consists of 28 thin-ish sheets with  someelasticity to it, allowing the user to stretch the sheet to fit the width and length of the face. The openings for the eyes and mouth are on the small side, which is not uncommon for sheet masks, but because of the material, they can be stretched to open up more. Adherence is fine; not the best, but not the worst. 

Sheets in mask packs like this generally do not hold as much essence as individually packaged sheet masks, and this Saborino Cica mask is no different - the sheets at the top of the pack will hold less than the ones at the bottom of the pack, and it can be helpful to flip the mask pack over before using to allow the essence that pools at the bottom of the pack to make its way to the top and coat the sheets at the top of the pack, but before doing so, I would recommend placing a plate underneath the mask pack in the event some of the serum leaks through - the lid on this mask pack is better designed than many other mask packs but it's not the best I've seen and is prone to leaks. It would be nice (and more hygienic) if these mask packs included a mini-tong or something to pick up the individual sheets.

The essence in these sheets is touted as having a minty-citrus scent. I was not super keen on this when I first read it - don't get me wrong, I like citrus scented things. I also like some mint scented products. I just don't like the idea of both scent families mixed together so I was a little nervous about the fragrance in this mask. Turns out, the scent on this isn't as bad as I thought but it's not great in my mind either. It's noticeably herbaceous with a slight menthol scent to it. 

The mask feels cooling upon contact with the skin and that cooling sensation remains even after the mask is removed. The ingredients list consists of several good-for-you-skincare ingredients, including several fruit extracts, honey, and as the name and packaging note, cica. Sadly, the key ingredient is listed in the middle of the INCI list

My skin feels ever so slightly hydrated and moisturized after pressing the little essence that remains atop my skin after the recommended one-minute of wear. It makes for a quick and easy mask in the mornings. You'd definitely want to follow up with your moisturizer, especially in the cooler months. That being said, this mask pack, like most of the morning mask packs in this line from the brand seems better suited for those with normal, oily, and possibly combination skin

Of the morning mask packs in this line, this Cica-centric sheet mask pack is my favorite, though that is not to say that this mask pack is one I would repurchase. I would not. There are other Cica focused mask packs that I find perform better for me, namely, the VT Soothing Mask Pack. 

That said, there is another Cica-centric sheet mask pack from the brand that sounds interesting. It's from a different collection, an evening mask one aimed towards anti-aging and touted as being free of alcohol, menthol, mineral oil and fragrance. Adding that to my list.

@itsfi 

Sorry this wasn't good for you. Have you tried the Lululun mask packs? I like those more than this brand.

testing