Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Sephora Collections week!
5C71FFD3-D350-4625-9478-0ACC5A99203A.jpeg

Spoiler

Sephora Collection Pumpkin Face Mask

Material:

Thin, meshy cotton

Serum:

Thin, watery

Scent:

Well, it didn't smell like pumpkin. Sort of an almondy-vanilla-fruity kind of scent - I thought it was pleasant enough, just not really what I was expecting/hoping for. 

Fit:

A little to long at the chin. This one also had forehead tabs that I had to fold over to keep from getting in my hair

Wear Time:

20 minutes. I felt some very light tingling for the first 5ish minutes - it wasn't anything intense

Tack:

Light tack, only stuck around for about 5 minutes

Results:

Soft and smooth, lightly hydrated skin

Repurchase?

Meh, probably not. It was decent, just nothing special- and at this price I'd expect a little more. There are just other pumpkin masks I like more. Wouldn't hesitate to use again though.

52113CCD-BA89-4054-9046-BC62F848BAD6.jpeg 

@Shosh85 I'm not seeing the best reviews of these SC masks, was this one a new version? Pumpkin definitely needs to be the scent!! ๐Ÿ˜‚

@lmaster  I think it's fairly new? ... I don't think it's one of the originals 

@lmaster @Shosh85, it was a limited edition mask that came out fall 2019.

@itsfi  Thank you! I thought it was new-ish ๐Ÿ˜‰

For the price @Shosh85 @itsfi that's a sad situation!!

The pumpkin! I agree with your assessment on this one, @Shosh85. It's fine as a filler, but probably not the best gourd offering available. 

@quspork  I feel like most of the masks from the Sephora Collection line are just expensive fillers ๐Ÿ˜ 

Agreed, @Shosh85. TBH, I used to actually like a lot of the SC masks, but after they changed the formulas and leaned more into the "clean" formulations, I feel like the overall quality suffered. 

@quspork  Yep, I agree, the older ones were better! 

Bummer that this wasn't what you hoped it to be.

I hope you find a scented mask that smells and performs like you want it to @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ’— mask dreams and wishes for real

honey masks usually nail it from my experience lol 

@CynthieLu  Oh, yes, definitely honey! A good honey mask is the best! ๐Ÿฏ

@Shosh85, I felt the same way about this one. I dunno, for most sheet masks, I'm generally okay if the scent isn't true to the key ingredient (so long as it is a pleasant scent), but there are a small handful of ingredients that, when they are touted as the main or primary ingredient in a sheet mask, I am a stickler for it smelling like that ingredient, or how I think that ingredient should smell - pumpkin definitely is one of those ingredients. As is honey, banana, peach, chocolate, maybe even ginseng ... I know, so odd! 

Okay, so I have to ask, have you found a pumpkin sheet mask that you that is one you consider to be a favorite or repurchase-worthy? I feel like in the pumpkin mask space, there are more wash-off masks I enjoy or feel are 'must haves' than sheet masks. 

@itsfi  You know, I haven't really tried any repurchase-worthy pumpkin sheet masks.... except for a Bath & Body Works one I tried a long time ago, but of course it's discontinued. ๐Ÿฅน 

I was really thinking about the PTR and Summer Friday's masks. If I want pumpkin, those are the ones I turn to! If only there were sheet masks that smelled/performed like these wash-offs do!

B&BW had / has such a different approach to sheet masks - it seems as all of them are one-offs with no intention of bringing them back. No permanent sheet masks in their line. Itโ€™s too bad, ๐Ÿ˜” they had some that sounded amazing! 

100% agree, the PTR and Summer Fridays pumpkin based rinse off masks are the best pumpkin masks out there. I like the Eminence one but the other 2 are hard to top.

@itsfi  Yeah, that's why I don't by masks from B&BW anymore...... I fall in love with one and never see it again. ๐Ÿ˜

Oh, I totally forgot about the Eminence pumpkin mask! I think I still have a sample of that to try! Good to know you liked it! 

@Shosh85  Thatโ€™s such a let down. I hate when it doesnโ€™t smell like it should!

@ather  It was decent enough, just not what I was hoping for. I've tried better masks that cost half as much. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป

This weekโ€™s topic Chemical and Physical Peels, Enzymes. 

So I chose PTR Pumpkin  Enzyme Mask and Codage Masque Micro-Peeling a micro-peeling mask 

I have used the PTR Pumpkin Mask before.  It exfoliates, peels and polishes.  There are pumpkin enzymes. AHA, and aluminum oxides in this to resurface the skin and my skin always looks and feels better after using it.   Plus it stays that way for about 3 days. Apply to skin and use circles to massage the skin.  I left it on for 20 minutes before washing it off. Then used the rest of my skin care.

Codage is a French company with several skin care products.  This peel uses AHA  in several fruits to resurface and exfoliate skin.  It said that blackheads could come to surface for removal ( really???).  It warned me ahead that there would be minor tingling.  
I applied a thin amount to clean skin.  Yes, it stings.  But not that it needed to be removed.  I left it on for 15 minutes.  Washed it off and my cheeks were red. It looked like a butterfly rash on my cheeks.  No blisters or open skin.  This was gone the next morning.  My face looked brighter (not red) and felt smoother.  There was a tiny surface plug that came out.  It was a blackhead on my forehead that actually came out.  The felt it when I was washing my face and the washcloth removed it.  I was totally shocked ๐Ÿ˜ฎ.

I will repurchase the PTR Pumpkin mask but there is a lot of product in the jar so it will be a while,

I purchased CODAGE  from FFF. I can purchase it from the website where they can convert Euros to dollars.  
But I will reserve judgement on buying it after I finish the tube 

6B70355A-B2A2-4FEF-BD91-70E0A4FA3514.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Cissy63 glad you enjoy it!

@lmaster  Oh for sure!๐ŸŒบ

19 Replies
testing