Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

No I would not use that product @Samtian!  Something is wrong with it.  I have to agree with you about PTR. Excellent ๐Ÿ˜€

@Samtian  Lush definitely has some nice smelling products! - too bad that was all this one had to offer ๐Ÿ˜•

Love that PTR mask - it's one of my most favorites! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 Lush smells too good for my wallet. The Pumpkin ah HG for sure.

Yes to that PTR pumpkin enzyme mask @Samtian - love that stuff! ๐Ÿ’– That's too bad about the Lush mask. It does look very dry. I wonder if it's just gone bad - many of their masks have a very short shelf life. 

@itsfi Possibly, it looked like that when I got it though. I'm trying to power through it lol. 

@Samtian @Thatโ€™s a bummer! I always kind of forget about them as a brand ! 

@Kim888 Haha I wish I could! 

Picked up this Ulta โ€œfreezeโ€ mask randomly because I was trying to get a gwp and needed a few more $$$ 

Spoiler
So I actually loved this and will totally buy it again. It is a two piece mask with a reasonable fit. The chin was a bit small but that happens to me for all two piece masks. It was gel like material, though not as high quality as some gel type masks. 

The mask itself smells heavily of aloe. I took it out of the fridge and it felt nicely cooling and comforting for the whole time I wore it. It was not tacky after. It wasnโ€™t really hydrating but it was very soothing and comforting . 

18434A09-4E49-4BE3-BCBD-8B1D74A8F16A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Kim888 im always on the hunt for a nice soothing mask, you never know when you need one

I can see this in the summer @Kim888, especially after a beach day ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ohhh, this one has defnitely piqued my curiosity @Kim888! I'm all for a 2-piece mask - they generlaly maker for a better fit and feel in my experience. I've not seen the aloe + caffeine pairing but it sounds like it would be great. It's too bad that it wasn't as hydrating as you'd like but a soothing and comforting mask sounds like a great one to have on hand. I wonder if the hydrating effects of this particular mask would be better suited for the warmer months. 

@Kim888  Ooooh, I definitely need to try this one - it sounds wonderful! I bet it would be perfect for summer! โ˜€๏ธ

I need to get through some of my masks so I can make room for new one!!! This one has the most amazing scent. Very sweet. Definitely melon scented. I left it on around 20 minutes. I did notice a bit of tingling because I have some problem skin from over use of acids. It claims to moisturize I think it did give some but I needed to add a bit extra. Over use of acids and shovelling snow in the freezing cold probably didnโ€™t help my skin. The fit was ok a bit large not a deal breaker. I would definitely use again maybe better in the warmer weather! 

E5EB7449-C9EC-48F1-B679-15AE0A431841.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Those do smell so good @ather 

@lmaster  So good. I would use it again just based on scent! 

@ather  I am so sorry to hear you are shoveling snow already.  And your face is hurting in part because of it.  Hope you are doing better with your treatment.  But this mask sounds good.

@Cissy63  snowed all day today too!! But my face is much better! 

@ather @Hope your skin feels better soon! I always thought these ones were solid as well! And I donโ€™t remember them being too pricey. 

@Kim888  feeling much better. Iโ€™ve been using #First Aid Beauty FAB Pharma Arnica Relief & Rescue Mask 3.4 oz/ 96.4  it seems to be helping. And no acids or retinols!

Ack!! Hope your skin gets the TLC it needs @ather. This time of year can be brutal on the skin barrier - we need to exfoliate to slough away the dead skin to help absorb the serums, etc. we use, but it can be so easy to overdo it and then our skin is sensitive and our skin barrier sensitized. 

These Aโ€™Pieu masks are very cute! I think youโ€™re right about it being a good warm weather mask! 

@itsfi  It says it can be used 2-3 times a week and I think I used it once last week and once the week before and when I used it this week not happy. So maybe I need to mix it with an oil to make it more tolerable. Or maybe itโ€™s more of a summer acid. Itโ€™s in the pile of things that I need to use up tho. 

1 Reply
testing