Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  I love the innisfree mask also!! I actually like using the travel size so I donโ€™t feel rushed to use it up before it goes bad!! That sheet mask sounded amazing also! I donโ€™t know if Iโ€™ve ever tried a 5 ply mask before! 

Me too @ather. I wish the full size original clay mask was in tube form. Iโ€™ve notice they have one that says itโ€™s a mousse clay mask. A part of me is curious to give it a try โ€ฆ ๐Ÿค” 

@itsfi  Oooo interesting Iโ€™ll have to look into it! 

@ather, makes me wonder if maybe I should put it in my cart now for the sale? ๐Ÿค” The cart that Iโ€™m trying to whittle down. ๐Ÿคฃ 

@itsfi  I would but I have a new unopened bottle of the Volanic mask which I done see come up when I type it in. Could it be replacing it? 

@ather, that would make sense but I see both available online. Iโ€™ve only seen the one in the jar in store. Iโ€™ve seen the mousse mask at a local Asian beauty store but not in Sephora. Interesting.

@itsfi   What a terrific combo you have used.  ๐Ÿฅฐ

Thank you @Cissy63! While I like a more potent clay mask from time to time, the gentler ones are so much kinder to my skin barrier. These Innisfree clay masks are a good balance of gentle and effective. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

@itsfi  Love this combo! My notes on the sheet mask seem to have gone missing, but I remember really liking that one too! You've also reminded me that I have the Mugwort one I need to try soon!

I had no idea all those Innisfree masks existed, so it's good to know your opinions on them! I've only tried the original, but really enjoy it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I thoughtt you might have tried this one before @Shosh85; Missha has made a fan of me. I've heard so many good things about their mugwort collection. We'll be mugort mask cousins - I have a mugwort sheet mask in the queue (it's been in the queue for a while, other things keep cutting in front of it), from a different brand. Will be fun to compare notes. 

@itsfi @The sheet mask seems really nice! I like when you have the option to buy a good serum on its own or in mask form! 

It was great @Kim888! Iโ€™ve been impressed with the Missha sheet masks that Iโ€™ve used recently - this one and the one from their vitamin C range. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ The ampoules on which they are based have received good reviews. Not surprising; it is Missha. They have a new updated version of this ampoule that Iโ€™ll be keen to try at some point. 

Oh I love sample dives!!!  I tried for a basic  skincare routine just because I need an excuse to use samples before they get out of control.

The Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask is a 20 minute jelly enzyme mask.  Itโ€™s got a light citrusy floral fragrance which isnโ€™t noticeable after a minute or so.  I felt a sight tingling in the first two minutes  but just barely so itโ€™s considerably gentle.  It tightened up on my face as it dried down.

After rinsing my face is ridiculously soft smooth and exfoliated.  I donโ€™t need another exfoliator right now but Iโ€™m considering it.  No I shouldnโ€™t.  Maybe in November ๐Ÿ˜…. If Iโ€™m still thinking about it in November itโ€™ll be mine.  The little deals I make with myself.

21589D7D-EDF1-4337-BBEE-0E111B4E72EE.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@heartsmyface gentle?? Sounds perfect!

@heartsmyface   The TH resurfacing mask is terrific.  I broke down awhile ago and bought it from their website.  But I waited for a 20% off sale.  ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š

@heartsmyface  Oh, now I want to try my TH sample! It sounds wonderful! 

Haha! I make little deals like that with myself too! ๐Ÿ˜‚

@heartsmyface @Those Tata samples are always so good! Iโ€™ve tried the resurfacing mask a few times and always like it, but end up rebuying there DE babyface one instead. 

@heartsmyface  I love this idea! I need to dive into my samples! 

@ather   A reminder to dip into the sample stash is always welcome!   

That sounds lovely @heartsmyface 

I feel that inner monolog, debating a not totally necessary but fully pleasurable purchase. ๐Ÿ˜…

I wonder how it would work out on pretty sensitive skin?

@CynthieLu  I feel it would work well on sensitive skin as long as the fragrance isnโ€™t aggravating.

I have a sensitive area near my nostrils atm and it seemed barely prickly there and thatโ€™s where I felt it the most.   I think the 20 minute wear time helps dissolve the dead skin cells with less intensity than say a 2 minute exfoliator.  

4 Replies
testing