Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@heartsmyface, were you looking specifically for the pumpkin one? If so, it's not in the set with the 5 mini's (but the mango one is in that set). There's a mini of the pumpkin in this one - LANEIGE Sweet Dream Trio but the trio has a full size and a mini peppermint, a flavor you already have. 

Ooooooh I didn't even see that one @itsfi 

๐Ÿ˜… lol

For this weekโ€™s mask I chose 

2 days Mask Calming &Soothing

My eczema is having a bit of a flare up.  Itโ€™s around my nose and my cheeks near my nose.  Itโ€™s also on the bridge of my nose.  Itโ€™s flaky and red.  

I have been trying to avoid steroid creams and ointment if I can.  So I am using so skin treatments.  I picked this one out of my collection for this reason 

The sheet was very sturdy.  Itโ€™s made with bamboo and it held up e.  No ripping while adjusting it. There was a lot of clear serum soaking in the pouch.

The mask fit pretty well.  It had pre-made slits around the eyes and chin.  

There was no fragrance.  

I left the mask on for 20 minutes 

There were no skin issues, no irritation. I patted the remaining serum into my skin and did the rest of my evening skin care.

Some of my eczema patches are looking better.  Oh and the mask was very cooling too!!   

This came in a two pack and I plan on using the 2nd one.  

0AF8B3A8-AF34-46B9-9E98-10CB37B8BDBE.jpeg

@Cissy63 that's fabulous it helped with your eczema 

@lmaster  Thank you.  I was pleased with this mask ๐Ÿฅฐ

@Cissy63, Iโ€™m so sorry to hear your eczema had a flare up. This mask sounds like it helped address that and give you a little pamper sesh. Aloe is a great skin soother. I love bamboo sheets; it also feels soothing on the skin. 

@itsfi  Yes I am glad the mask gave me some relief โค๏ธ

Fall is my favorite season but the transition from summer to fall is always a challenge for my skin. I may have mentioned in another post that the last week or maybe two, have been especially brutal. Not only did parts of my face (forehead, cheeks) feel rough and flaky (ugh!), they looked flaky from afar as well (eek!). 

10.12.2022 make prem + Innisfree.jpg

Sheet Mask
Spoiler
To work on healing my skin of the dryness and flakes, gentle exfoliation, moisturizing / nourishing masks (sheet and wash off masks) and layers of facial oil have been in rotation more frequently, with my sheet masks alternating between Dr. Jart Ceramidin Mask, a tried-and-true, keep-a-couple-on-hand-just-in-case-ceramidin-centered-moisturizing-and-soothing-mask and this make p:rem Comfort me. Oat Moisture Mask, a thin sheet mask saturated in a freshly scented, watered down milky emulsion that is moisturizing and nourishing; my skin slurped it up. I'm happy to report that my skin finally feeling happier. I still need to be diligent about keeping it moisturized and nourished but my skin doesn't have a lingering (and noticeable) dryness and flakiness about it. Yaay!
Wash Off Mask:
Spoiler
For pore and acne care, I reached for my sample of the innisfree Jeju Volcanic Color Clay Mask - Yellow Brightening, a soft, light, canary yellow hued, kaolin and bentonite clay and volcanic ash (detoxifying) based mask that also boasts ascorbyl glucoside, a vitamin C derivative (brightening) and a handful of ingredients known for their hydrating and moisturizing properties. This latter group of ingredients was what I was relying on to keep my nose and jawline from drying out - and they did. The combination of ingredients actually worked nicely for my skin - I removed the mask with lukewarm water and a washcloth after about 15 minutes, my pores looked more clear, and my nose looked less shiny than before without feeling tight or dry. 

This mask claims to reduce the appearance of and fade acne scars over time. Of course, I didn't see anything striking after one use - that's to be expected -  but I will say that my complexion looked less dull / more awake after using both the wash off and sheet masks, and I'm looking forward to seeing what results I get with respect to a few spots fading away with more regular use of this brightening clay mask.
These are two different but effective masks that I'll continue to incorporate into my skincare routine this time of the year. 

@itsfi sorry to hear your skin was misbehaving!! Sounds like you had some relief with the masks

@itsfi  Aw no with the flakey skin!   when it does that I find it helpful to do a peel and then oil or balm up immediately so at least itโ€™s not AS visible to others.  Ha, itโ€™s horse oil season! 

Yes indeedy @heartsmyface! Oil season is in full force over here. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I need to see if they have a horse oil in facial mist form, or, if not, to put that suggestion out there. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

A peel is a great idea. My cheeks have been more sensitized with having the other kind of mask going off and on more frequently throughout the day so itโ€™s been sensitive and reactive when Iโ€™ve tried to exfoliate over the last month or so. Itโ€™s a little better now in that area - Iโ€™m incorporating a cleanser once or twice per week that contains AHAs / BHAs. Itโ€™s a lot gentler than a peel but itโ€™s doing the trick. I can probably try a peel again in the next couple of weeks. 

Oh, that oat mask looks great and like something my skin could really use right now!

@txcatx, soothing masks are something I try to keep on hand all the time. They just come in handy form experience. Anything with oats, centella asiatica, aloe or honey. 

@itsfi  Both sound amazing!!! Great choices!! 

Thank you @ather! This time of year, my skin really goes through all the skin issues that come with comfo skin - hahaha! I guess thatโ€™s a good thing for developing and increasing my skincare knowledge.  ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜‰ Hoping  <<fingers crossed>>> I can get ahead of it so it doesnโ€™t last longer than it has on the past, The Rhode serum and cream have been working well to help. 

@itsfi  Thatโ€™s awesome that youโ€™ve figured it out! And that the rhode is helping too!!! 

After (many) years of trial and error @ather๐Ÿ˜œ The cold weather started in a couple weeks earlier this year than it has in years past so I hadn't completely settled into / onboarded myself onto my routine but there's nothing like a few spots popping up to kick that into high gear! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Those Peace Out Salicylic Acid Acne Healing Dots 40 Healing Dots sure will be put to good use and I need to be more diligent with my Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare DRx SpectraLiteโ„ข FaceWare Pro.  

@itsfi @It is just such a tough time of year! I always love oatmeal masks as well for this! Glad to hear this one worked well for you! 

@Kim888, oatmeal based masks are so soothing; love them. Do you have any favorites or go toโ€™s?

@itsfi the oatmeal mask sounds really soothing!  I can totally see that as being a perfect Fall/Winter mask.

@CookieGirl1, yeah, soothing masks are great to have on hand, especially during the summer to fall transition. I thought I read somewhere that itโ€™s still warm in your area? Our late summer was much shorter and started and ended early this year. 

testing